So, What has been CONFIRMED?

Hi guys. Im a really big halo fan but I have kinda been out of the loop as far as halo 4 news. I know that the master cheif is being sucked into a strange forerunner planet. (Or was it precursor planet?) And I have seen the teaser trailer. What has 343 said about it? Will Marty still do the music? Why is his armor different?

Thanks guys!

343 has stripped us of info, marty will not be doing the music, and the tease is non canon atm, armor will be explained in the actual game and it is not the final product.

That Halo 4 WILL be on the Xbox 360.

So, the different armor is actually a part of the storyline then?

Oh thank (Non existent being) I though it was going to be on the WiiU/Sarcasm.

Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.

yes it is a new armour, like how we got mark 6 in 2. We’ll get 7 here

> So, the different armor is actually a part of the storyline then?

Well ya. They gotta give ya a reason as to why he has Mark VII instead of the Mark VI. It makes sense. The Mark VI is currently outdated, not to mention his particular suit is beat up.

> Hi guys. Im a really big halo fan but I have kinda been out of the loop as far as halo 4 news. I know that the master cheif is being sucked into a strange forerunner planet. (Or was it precursor planet?) And I have seen the teaser trailer. What has 343 said about it? Will Marty still do the music? Why is his armor different?
>
> Thanks guys!

1. I believe it is forerunner, I thought for sure the one at the end of halo 3 had forerunner glyphs on it.

2. It will be on the Halo: Reach engine (Does not mean the same graphics), it focus more on the Chief-Cortana relationship compared to the other games, and we will have to face an “Ancient Evil” that threatens the universe.
    Other than that 343 has said almost nothing, just hold onto your skivvies.

3. No, Marty is parting ways, good ol’ Taj’ is up to bat now.

4. His armor is different because the Mk. VI model can upgraded itself while the wearer is in cryo-sleep.

Satisfied?

> Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.

Was that confirmed? or are you just being smart?

> > Hi guys. Im a really big halo fan but I have kinda been out of the loop as far as halo 4 news. I know that the master cheif is being sucked into a strange forerunner planet. (Or was it precursor planet?) And I have seen the teaser trailer. What has 343 said about it? Will Marty still do the music? Why is his armor different?
> >
> > Thanks guys!
>
> 1. I believe it is forerunner, I thought for sure the one at the end of halo 3 had forerunner glyphs on it.
>
> 2. It will be on the Halo: Reach engine (Does not mean the same graphics), it focus more on the Chief-Cortana relationship compared to the other games, and we will have to face an “Ancient Evil” that threatens the universe.
> Other than that 343 has said almost nothing, just hold onto your skivvies.
>
> 3. No, Marty is parting ways, good ol’ Taj’ is up to bat now.
>
> 4. His armor is different because the Mk. VI model can upgraded itself while the wearer is in cryo-sleep.
>
> Satisfied?

The Mark-VI cannot self-repair and upgrade in cryo. Only the Mark-VII can accomplish that feat. I’m guessing you just had a typo there?

> > Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.
>
> Was that confirmed? or are you just being smart?

I have it in my OXM right here:

“There will be destructible elements in Halo 4, but don’t look for a game mechanic that relies on it heavily. This is a Halo game at heart.” - Frank O’Connor

> > Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.
>

They have teased destructible scenery, though to what extent, no one knows. It may just be blowing doors open, or we may be able to blow away entire walls. Its anyones guess right now.

It’s been confirmed Cortana woke up Master Chief because she needed him.

> > > Hi guys. Im a really big halo fan but I have kinda been out of the loop as far as halo 4 news. I know that the master cheif is being sucked into a strange forerunner planet. (Or was it precursor planet?) And I have seen the teaser trailer. What has 343 said about it? Will Marty still do the music? Why is his armor different?
> > >
> > > Thanks guys!
> >
> > 1. I believe it is forerunner, I thought for sure the one at the end of halo 3 had forerunner glyphs on it.
> >
> > 2. It will be on the Halo: Reach engine (Does not mean the same graphics), it focus more on the Chief-Cortana relationship compared to the other games, and we will have to face an “Ancient Evil” that threatens the universe.
> > Other than that 343 has said almost nothing, just hold onto your skivvies.
> >
> > 3. No, Marty is parting ways, good ol’ Taj’ is up to bat now.
> >
> > 4. His armor is different because the Mk. VI model can upgraded itself while the wearer is in cryo-sleep.
> >
> > Satisfied?
>
> The Mark-VI cannot self-repair and upgrade in cryo. Only the Mark-VII can accomplish that feat. I’m guessing you just had a typo there?

> The Mark-VI cannot self-repair and upgrade in cryo. Only the Mark-VII can accomplish that feat. I’m guessing you just had a typo there?

> The Mark-VI cannot self-repair and upgrade in cryo.

… soo… Chief’s new armor =/= logical thinking.

Well shoot. I seriously thought we were going to have the first canonically accurate material since Halo: Reach’s “uh-oh” moment.

> > > Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.
> >
> > Was that confirmed? or are you just being smart?
>
> I have it in my OXM right here:
>
> “There will be destructible elements in Halo 4, but don’t look for a game mechanic that relies on it heavily. This is a Halo game at heart.” - Frank O’Connor

Sweet, thanks man. :slight_smile:

> > > > Destructible scenery, a shield world, the UNSC, the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog with a new design.
> > >
> > > Was that confirmed? or are you just being smart?
> >
> > I have it in my OXM right here:
> >
> > “There will be destructible elements in Halo 4, but don’t look for a game mechanic that relies on it heavily. This is a Halo game at heart.” - Frank O’Connor
>
> Sweet, thanks man. :slight_smile:

No problem. ; )

The Chief and Cortana will be in the game. Marty won’t be doing the music. That’s really about it. Oh, and we’re not getting information for a very, very long time.

The only things that has been confirmed that the new trilogy is known as the Reclaimer trilogy, Master Chief will be going through character changes, we’ll be fighting against an ancient enemy along with some concept artwork trailer that had Mass Effect music. There was a sound design video too, that was pretty cool.

Nothing about how it will play, no campaign information or how MM will function in Halo 4.

>

The only things that have been truly confirmed is “the game will be on the 360, Master Chief, new armor, his hologram girlfriend, and a warthog” And my size 13 steal toed boot up some one’s butt.