So what happened to the engineers/Truth ending?

After the credits we see Truth finding all the engineers and the portal under new mombasa, so what happened to the engineers? not present in halo 3, so do you think that he scurried them away somewhere? seems odd they would disappear after that.

the only thing I can say is its a cannon thing, he didnt have anymore use for them or something im not quite sure

I’ve read the books [highly recommended] and after the war. The prophets fled with the rest of them. As for the ending of ODST, the engineers are there workers per say so maybe they were all inside the forerunner teleporter working with it or they were just inside the Covenant’s ships.

> I’ve read the books [highly recommended] and after the war. The prophets fled with the rest of them. As for the ending of ODST, the engineers are there workers per say so maybe they were all inside the forerunner teleporter working with it or they were just inside the Covenant’s ships.

That’s the canon explanation, gameplay wise, Engineers were not thought of for Halo 3, remember ODST came out after Halo 3.