So what happened to SpartanOps? And/ or Firefight?

My wife isn’t a competitive multiplayer gamer, and likes to co-op Spartan Ops and Firefight mode in past Halo titles…namely, the more recent Spartan Ops, since it covered a larger landmass. This game is going to have even less of a replay value for me and her, then any other past Halo titles. Why did 343 cut these out? And why have they not spoken on it?

I’ve been hearing segments of ideas that come together in a pretty Rad way. Basically it goes like this:
A new multiplayer mode,
Combining HaloWaypoint with Spartan Ops.
*so you’d go to the multiplayer tab and choose
“S.S. Enter your company ship name here”
The name of the ship would be voted by your Company.
There’d be a default name for people without a company.
This would bring you to your ship/Waypoint
From there you can choose missions
(made by other companies and the developers)
Missions would gain you a individual score and Req Points, and contribute to your Company Rep.
Company rep would work like the forum scoring
“silver, gold, onyx” this would open up harder missions/objectives.
You can also look at other companies members and scores along with their created missions, and of course, stats.
There could be Company Vs Company war zone missions, lots of room for creativity there.
Along with that, based on individual stats, you’d be placed on the ship (this would be shown in the background while you’re scrolling through the menu) based on your favorite gameplay style/req calls.
So if you call a scorpion tank 5 times that week, you and monkeybone91726 would be scrubbing blood of the tanks in the loading bay etc.
Bobby19162 would be In the medbay for most deaths
And sue99987 would be outside floating in space for most suicides/team betrayals
Etc.
So.
Yeah.
Multiplayer "Spartan ops, based on Spartan Companies, with all the fun of Waypoint.
It’d add a huge community element,
Plus replay value, to both the overall game and the Co-Op
Encourage forging.
And it’d be wicked competition between Spartan companies.

343 got tired of taking my money, so they cut Firefight and split screen.

I do miss fire fight.

> 2535460263350262;2:
> I’ve been hearing segments of ideas that come together in a pretty Rad way. Basically it goes like this:
> A new multiplayer mode,
> Combining HaloWaypoint with Spartan Ops.
> *so you’d go to the multiplayer tab and choose
> “S.S. Enter your company ship name here”
> The name of the ship would be voted by your Company.
> There’d be a default name for people without a company.
> This would bring you to your ship/Waypoint
> From there you can choose missions
> (made by other companies and the developers)
> Missions would gain you a individual score and Req Points, and contribute to your Company Rep.
> Company rep would work like the forum scoring
> “silver, gold, onyx” this would open up harder missions/objectives.
> You can also look at other companies members and scores along with their created missions, and of course, stats.
> There could be Company Vs Company war zone missions, lots of room for creativity there.
> Along with that, based on individual stats, you’d be placed on the ship (this would be shown in the background while you’re scrolling through the menu) based on your favorite gameplay style/req calls.
> So if you call a scorpion tank 5 times that week, you and monkeybone91726 would be scrubbing blood of the tanks in the loading bay etc.
> Bobby19162 would be In the medbay for most deaths
> And sue99987 would be outside floating in space for most suicides/team betrayals
> Etc.
> So.
> Yeah.
> Multiplayer "Spartan ops, based on Spartan Companies, with all the fun of Waypoint.
> It’d add a huge community element,
> Plus replay value, to both the overall game and the Co-Op
> Encourage forging.
> And it’d be wicked competition between Spartan companies.

Source?

> 2533274805143510;4:
> I do miss fire fight.

I actually do also.

+1

Yeah I do miss firefight wish they would bring that back it was fun

the answer to this question was known months beforehand… c’mon guys; Search feature.

> 2535460263350262;2:
> I’ve been hearing segments of ideas that come together in a pretty Rad way. Basically it goes like this:
> A new multiplayer mode,
> Combining HaloWaypoint with Spartan Ops.
> *so you’d go to the multiplayer tab and choose
> “S.S. Enter your company ship name here”
> The name of the ship would be voted by your Company.
> There’d be a default name for people without a company.
> This would bring you to your ship/Waypoint
> From there you can choose missions
> (made by other companies and the developers)
> Missions would gain you a individual score and Req Points, and contribute to your Company Rep.
> Company rep would work like the forum scoring
> “silver, gold, onyx” this would open up harder missions/objectives.
> You can also look at other companies members and scores along with their created missions, and of course, stats.
> There could be Company Vs Company war zone missions, lots of room for creativity there.
> Along with that, based on individual stats, you’d be placed on the ship (this would be shown in the background while you’re scrolling through the menu) based on your favorite gameplay style/req calls.
> So if you call a scorpion tank 5 times that week, you and monkeybone91726 would be scrubbing blood of the tanks in the loading bay etc.
> Bobby19162 would be In the medbay for most deaths
> And sue99987 would be outside floating in space for most suicides/team betrayals
> Etc.
> So.
> Yeah.
> Multiplayer "Spartan ops, based on Spartan Companies, with all the fun of Waypoint.
> It’d add a huge community element,
> Plus replay value, to both the overall game and the Co-Op
> Encourage forging.
> And it’d be wicked competition between Spartan companies.

I really hope this is real, it seems like a great idea.

I don’t miss split screen or SpOps, but I really liked Firefight.

Ragnarok, if they made a mode like that, it would be amazing, but they don’t seem too interested in making an interesting and growing PvE experience for us at the moment. The simple solution is to add AI and AI-based objectives to Forge and let the community go to town on those game types, but not even Warzone is going to be Forge-able out of the gates.

Cuz Warzone

Why call the previous Spartan OPS “season 1” if they werent planning anymore seasons?!?

> 2533274891247826;13:
> Cuz Warzone

Truly, though. Warzone aims to give the same feel as Spartan Ops and/or FIrefight, but with the added bonus of other live players, as well. It’s going to offer incredible replay value.

It is true that there are currently no modes that offer the experience without other live players in the pool…

> 2721594953407858;14:
> Why call the previous Spartan OPS “season 1” if they werent planning anymore seasons?!?

Because they weren’t sure if they were going to make more seasons. They were seeing what the community said about it, and with more negative reviews than positive, they decided against season 2.

Most likely warzone, which to me sounds great but you know, seeing is believing haha.

Nothing like Reach’s FireFight Fiesta mode!
Now that was a challenge with every death!

> 2533274893309342;5:
> > 2535460263350262;2:
> > I’ve been hearing segments of ideas that come together in a pretty Rad way. Basically it goes like this:
> > A new multiplayer mode,
> > Combining HaloWaypoint with Spartan Ops.
> > *so you’d go to the multiplayer tab and choose
> > “S.S. Enter your company ship name here”
> > The name of the ship would be voted by your Company.
> > There’d be a default name for people without a company.
> > This would bring you to your ship/Waypoint
> > From there you can choose missions
> > (made by other companies and the developers)
> > Missions would gain you a individual score and Req Points, and contribute to your Company Rep.
> > Company rep would work like the forum scoring
> > “silver, gold, onyx” this would open up harder missions/objectives.
> > You can also look at other companies members and scores along with their created missions, and of course, stats.
> > There could be Company Vs Company war zone missions, lots of room for creativity there.
> > Along with that, based on individual stats, you’d be placed on the ship (this would be shown in the background while you’re scrolling through the menu) based on your favorite gameplay style/req calls.
> > So if you call a scorpion tank 5 times that week, you and monkeybone91726 would be scrubbing blood of the tanks in the loading bay etc.
> > Bobby19162 would be In the medbay for most deaths
> > And sue99987 would be outside floating in space for most suicides/team betrayals
> > Etc.
> > So.
> > Yeah.
> > Multiplayer "Spartan ops, based on Spartan Companies, with all the fun of Waypoint.
> > It’d add a huge community element,
> > Plus replay value, to both the overall game and the Co-Op
> > Encourage forging.
> > And it’d be wicked competition between Spartan companies.
>
>
> Source?

Omega Company forum

I do miss Firefight to be honest, I hope they add it in a dlc.