So... what happened to Orion?

I remember seeing a while back that one of the maps, which I believe was Orion, was taken out of matchmaking because of bad spawns and had to be fixed. How many months ago was that?

A question asked 1000 times and answered none

Here’s one answer - I think it was taken out in December.

I honestly forgot this was a map until now. I remember that map being real open in the back where the sniper rifle spawned.

> 2533274807304277;4:
> I honestly forgot this was a map until now. I remember that map being real open in the back where the sniper rifle spawned.

Funny thing is, I remember 343 saying there were taking it out to fix the spawns. Like, how long does it take to fix spawns lol

In all seriousness though, I bet they haven’t even looked at the map because it’s not cost effective to do so. They don’t gain anything from doing it.

> 2533274844459001;5:
> > 2533274807304277;4:
> > I honestly forgot this was a map until now. I remember that map being real open in the back where the sniper rifle spawned.
>
>
> Funny thing is, I remember 343 saying there were taking it out to fix the spawns. Like, how long does it take to fix spawns lol
>
> In all seriousness though, I bet they haven’t even looked at the map because it’s not cost effective to do so. They don’t gain anything from doing it.

It wouldn’t cost much to simply re-adjust the spawns; however, simply relocating spawns can’t fix the spawning for SWAT. The map is simply too open. The high ground points have clear sight lines across most of the map making spawning safely nearly impossible.

Taking into account the spread of the enemy team and the high points, you just can’t spawn safely. More likely than not, you would spawn within sight of an enemy. The map would have to be rebuilt to fix this for SWAT, and that would be a waste of time. Just make a new map altogether.

Of course there was also the poor weapon placement balance and the terribly placed damage boost that just promoted suicides…

maybe the way the map is designed no matter where spawns are you run a high risk of spawn trapping? orion is a great map for free for all or doubles,

People were getting out of the map and running around in forge land… lol

> 2535442292537369;8:
> People were getting out of the map and running around in forge land… lol

that too but that has been patched ive tried it with buddies and you cant get out anymore

Still being fixed apparently, because it counts as one of our maps in the map count 343 should just replace it with either a decent dev map or a new Forge map.