So...what fancy enemy is next.

Well if you ask me…i’m sure the Prometheans are gone. Not only is The Composer which made them destroyed but Didacts their leader is gone and Jul blindly sends hundreds of them to their deaths in Spartan Ops. I’m not sure how many Prometheans Jul might have left over but i’m sure if anything he won’t use them to attack us maybe just like a super body guard unit and thats just about it. He has the last of the most elite fighting force in the galaxy to our knowledge and with no way to get more. In Halo 4 we lost two giant and great things.

-Prometheans
-Didact

Two things that would of been better to of left alive and not just bat away. A large misstep by 343i is not having Covenant Prometheans. Looking at human Prometheans all i can think of is thank goodness Didact didn’t compose Elites or Hunters. Elites are already genetically better than us so i don’t see why Composing them would of been an idea Didact didn’t think of since i’m sure they would of loved to be one with Didact.

So with Didact gone and probably most of the Prometheans being KIA or thrown into a star what will be the game changer in Halo 5. Brutes, innies or a new alien species. We know the Covenant has at least 1 more species than we have seen in the Halo series so is there a chance that there are more of unknown species in hte Galaxy that reported to the Holy Ones and are now for unknown reasons left without leaders and are very pissed off.

It would be great if 343i were to do this because it would bring fresh feel to Halo and maybe even we the fans could create ideas for crazy and new alien monsters. With there never being a single Halo game with all species of the known Covenant in it i would like to say just adding in all the the speices left out to be put into Halo 5 for extra flare.

Finally, one thing i never understood was the study of Prometheans. If we humans didn’t even understand Covenant technology too well why would we study something they can’t even comprehend. Its like a monkey trying to drive a jet. The only way its going to happen is with generations of trying and many failed attempts casing too many deaths with little pay off.

Edit: To give a feel for how much in Halo that the Covenant or the UNSC has explored.

They’re still around, they’re just at the limit of their power (with no Didact around, they’re not gonna improve one bit. Also, it might be too late to include newer variants) not to mention Jul’s dispersal of them is absurdly unconstrained.

He’s depleting resources if he keeps throwing massive quantities of them at weaker Spartan troops.

Anyways, Halo 5 gives 343i a chance to actually make a real enemy. I did not find the Prometheans threatening, at all. I was especially disappointed by how quickly they teamed up with the Covies.

I liked how the Knights each had an unique ability but I didn’t like how they were rarely seen or effective. I especially didn’t like how teleport was used. It was just a cheap way to get their shield back… or stab us in the back unexpectedly.

I seriously doubt the Didact is dead.

Prometheans surely won’t be scrapped so quickly either.

But, anyway, I’d like to see way more alien species. We’ve only explored a very small part of the galaxy so far. There’s so much more out there.

We know that at the height of their power, the Covenant were in control of most of the Orion arm of the galaxy.
With the Infinity’s mission to locate the remaining Halo rings, we will no doubt visit other arms of the galaxy where the Covenant didn’t have influence. Here, there could be other unique alien species.
Now, I don’t know exactly, but I believe Alpha, Delta, and possibly Gamma are in the Orion arm? What of the other four rings? I could see another alien species relating to the rings in some way. Probably not a religious cult, but maybe like us, they wish to study them. We could come in conflict with them over differing views of how to neutralize the Halo threat once and for all.

Introduce the Sharquoi

> Introduce the Sharquoi

This.

> Introduce the Sharquoi

Exactly!

Also the large amount of space left undiscovered in Halo.

Taking bets on Precursors, Who wants in?

I would either have to say the enemy in Halo 5 is going to be either the forerunners, or the precursors. Hope to god its not the flood.

I don’t think the Prometheans will be returning, nor the Didact. Just to add on to what people are saying above about the w, the Prometheans as far as we know, were only native to Requiem, and Requiem was destroyed (as well as the composer and the Didact, their leader is dead) so most of the promethean army as we know is dead.

> Well if you ask me…i’m sure the Prometheans are gone. Not only is The Composer which made them destroyed but Didacts their leader is gone and Jul blindly sends hundreds of them to their deaths in Spartan Ops. I’m not sure how many Prometheans Jul might have left over but i’m sure if anything he won’t use them to attack us maybe just like a super body guard unit and thats just about it. He has the last of the most elite fighting force in the galaxy to our knowledge and with no way to get more. In Halo 4 we lost two giant and great things.

First of all, there was never one Composer, so there may still be more. And second, the Didact isn’t dead - he is likely on trial by the remaining Forerunners. Third, you can say that hundreds were killed in SpOps, but GAMEPLAY IS NOT CANON. Fourth, Jul’s Covenant are far from Elite, they’re are just ragtag boneheads that happen to be led by a genius with vast amounts of knowledge of Forerunner Artifacts (and the smartest Human Mind to ever live)

> -Prometheans
> -Didact
>
> Two things that would of been better to of left alive and not just bat away. A large misstep by 343i is not having Covenant Prometheans. Looking at human Prometheans all i can think of is thank goodness Didact didn’t compose Elites or Hunters. Elites are already genetically better than us so i don’t see why Composing them would of been an idea Didact didn’t think of since i’m sure they would of loved to be one with Didact.

You clearly don’t understand why the Didact wanted to compose humanity and not different races. During the Human-Forerunner War, the Ur-Didact developed a massive hatred for Humanity. And because of that hatred, when he sought to develop a means to beat the Flood without using the Halos, he would use composed Humans instead. The reason on why Humans were his number 1 choice was because of how they drove back the Flood during the Human-Forerunner War, and also because of their brutal aggression towards enemies.

And what makes you say that the Sangheili are Genetically better than us? Have you even read the Forerunner Books? It has been established long ago that Humans have a unique genetic template that puts them beyond even the Forerunner’s themselves. Also, the physical strength of a composed being makes no difference in their performance, only a creature’s intelligence matters.

> So with Didact gone and probably most of the Prometheans being KIA or thrown into a star what will be the game changer in Halo 5. Brutes, innies or a new alien species. We know the Covenant has at least 1 more species than we have seen in the Halo series so is there a chance that there are more of unknown species in hte Galaxy that reported to the Holy Ones and are now for unknown reasons left without leaders and are very pissed off.

The Didact isn’t gone, neither are the Prometheans. While I’m not against fighting Brutes/Innies in Halo 5, you claims for doing so aren’t valid. And Halo: Escalation seems to be setting up peace with the Brutes, meaning that we will be fighting alongside them.

> It would be great if 343i were to do this because it would bring fresh feel to Halo and maybe even we the fans could create ideas for crazy and new alien monsters. With there never being a single Halo game with all species of the known Covenant in it i would like to say just adding in all the the speices left out to be put into Halo 5 for extra flare.

Before you start trying to make up new a species and make them “evil monsters,” the Flood is coming. If you want a greater psychological impact on the player when the Flood comes, you’ll want to humanize the various Aliens so that you are disturbed when they get infected.

> Finally, one thing i never understood was the study of Prometheans. If we humans didn’t even understand Covenant technology too well why would we study something they can’t even comprehend. Its like a monkey trying to drive a jet. The only way its going to happen is with generations of trying and many failed attempts casing too many deaths with little pay off.

Um… The reason on why we never studied Covenant Technology throughout most of the time period was because of the Cole Protocol. You know what that is, don’t you?

Even bringing a single Plasma Rifle into an area where it can be studied could potentially lead the Covenant towards Human Colonies, and that just wasn’t worth the risk.

With the Human-Covenant War over, we can know freely study Covenant Technology without restraint. And we can comprehend Forerunner Technology perfectly because we are Reclaimers.

What Andy said.
:smiley:

But yeah… there are many Composers.
The problem is Requiem seemed to be the main location where the composed memories are converted. But technically, there could be other areas where this is possible.

There can still be Prometheans.

And I highly doubt the Didact is dead. Defeated, yes. For now.
343i would not kill off a character like that. Not to mention the Didact is still to be fleshed out as a character, as 343i said. Plus the Epilogue. Certain parts of his speech put that monologue into present time, obviously meaning he survived. There are a few theories about that at the moment.

The Onyx Sentinels could be an enemy (but not as OP as they were in the book).

> > Introduce the Sharquoi
>
> Exactly!
>
> Also the large amount of space left undiscovered in Halo.

343 would need to make a completely new design for it since the Drinol is owned by Bungie.

Also, is that picture accurate? Maybe it’s the rainbow wheel of colors, but that doesn’t look like the Milky Way Galaxy. The amount of unexplored space doesn’t seem to be overestimated though.

well im not sure what to think about the didacts fate im confident we havent seen the last of the prometheans. you have sound logic about the composer being gone and jul just sends wave after wave but i dont think 343 would introduce a new enemy type just to take them away one game later. also i dont think what you compose matters whether it human or covenant since the prometheans looked the same it the terminals whether they were human or forerunner.

The Didact is still alive. It’s Fiction 101- if the villain’s fate is left ambiguous, and you don’t see the body, he/she is most likely still alive.

I think if we go to other “wild” planets we should find primitive aliens like tribes and stuff but not as a main enemy of course just something to make the universe feel more alive.

As for a new enemy, I wasn’t impressed by the Prometheans one bit; They were to repetitive, easy to kill and there was only three different types 2 of which were support characters.

I think the flood should return because besides the Halo array they were the greatest threat the galaxy faced.

If the Prometheans return I wan’t them to be better thought out and have more types they should also be blue not orange I get that they were under the didacts control but they look better blue and fit in more with the forerunner.

Seeing Halsey is working with elites I feel as though we are going to get augmented super elites I haven’t really made my mind up on whether I like this or not but we will see.

Also I would like to see the other species of the former covenant return.

> The Didact is still alive. It’s Fiction 101- if the villain’s fate is left ambiguous, and you don’t see the body, he/she is most likely still alive.

I almost feel like he is on trial on earth cause at the end of the game he is talking and explaining what he has done.

> > The Didact is still alive. It’s Fiction 101- if the villain’s fate is left ambiguous, and you don’t see the body, he/she is most likely still alive.
>
> I almost feel like he is on trial on earth cause at the end of the game he is talking and explaining what he has done.

I doubt that’s the case.

> I seriously doubt the Didact is dead.
>
> Prometheans surely won’t be scrapped so quickly either.
>
> But, anyway, I’d like to see way more alien species. We’ve only explored a very small part of the galaxy so far. There’s so much more out there.

This

The Didact is not dead. Frank O’Conner confirmed, back before Halo 4 released, that the Didact would still be in the games after Halo 4, albeit in a lesser role. It’s unlikely, too, that 343 would create a new class of enemy (the Prometheans) for a single game. Yes, Requiem was the home-base for Promethean production, but we have no idea how many shield worlds there are, or there are others capable of fulfilling the task of making new Prometheans (who’s to say the Didact doesn’t have some extra durances lying around?).

Still, as I said, the Didact’s role in future games will be smaller. Likely, this means he won’t be the main bady. For many fiction fans, this opens the doors to the return of the Flood, bigger and badder than before. This has been built up in the Forerunner novels, and events in Halo 4 seem to point toward a resurgence of the Flood. Humanity will finally be tested to see if they are worthy of the Mantle.