So what EXACTLY does the Pulse Grenade do?

Do we know for certain? I’ve seen it in a lot of videos, and heard a number of different descriptions, but it seems unclear what the exact properties of it are. Just off the top of my head, I’ve heard that it pulls enemies towards it, has an EMP effect, detonates after a set amount of time regardless of where it lands or only after it has bounced once (like a frag), and does a little or a lot of damage. And of course it obviously creates a bubble lasting several seconds.

Are all players within the radius of the bubble damaged throughout its duration, or only after it has exploded? Does it actually pull players in? I’ve heard this said, but haven’t actually witnessed it, at least not clearly – same goes for the EMP effect. Just curious if there’s any definitive information on it. I do hope we get an official description of the Promethean weapons, similar to what we had for the UNSC weapons (of course I’d like a Covenant one too, but there are far more questions surrounding the Promethean items – and I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep it that way, in order to retain the mystery before launch).

In a nutshell I’m guessing it’s like a power drain from Halo 3, except you can throw it further.

Doesn’t look decent at all.

^ that and i guess you can use it as a way to block an entrance for a longer duration than a normal grenade would.

They’re the Halo 3 Power Drain, but when they explode, they do a considerable amount more damage.

> They’re the Halo 3 Power Drain, but when they explode, they do a considerable amount more damage.

Is it as effective as a power drain? Because I can’t remember being touched by a power drain and escaping with any shields… even if it is just flying by me

Its basically a smaller, more balanced power drain from halo 3.

wherever it hits, an EMP field is deployed. any players in this field will slowly have their shields drained, at about half the rate the power drain depleted shields in halo 3. The effect lasts for about 2 seconds, and then explodes, causing minor damage to players near but not in the grenades AoE(the explosion does not appear to be powerful enough to kill even unshielded opponents, unless their health was literally on 1%). They will also EMP and vehicles that are hit by them or drive into the EMP field.

> > They’re the Halo 3 Power Drain, but when they explode, they do a considerable amount more damage.
>
> Is it as effective as a power drain? Because I can’t remember being touched by a power drain and escaping with any shields… even if it is just flying by me

The shield drain is a bit less. You’re going to have to keep an eye on anyone that walks through it.

> They’re the Halo 3 Power Drain, but when they explode, they do a considerable amount more damage.

Not quite as fast shield drainage

Power Drain turned into a grenade.

> > They’re the Halo 3 Power Drain, but when they explode, they do a considerable amount more damage.
>
> Not quite as fast shield drainage

No. But I think it is much better being a bit weaker.

They are like the Incendiary Grenades from H3/ODST: Area denial.

Kanku13 covered it.

> They are like the Incendiary Grenades from H3/ODST: Area denial.

They have no lasting effect, though. If only we could have the ol’ Firebombs back.

Hmmm I see, didn’t realize it was so similar to the Power Drain. I have to admit, it doesn’t look especially powerful from the videos I’ve seen, but then that may very well be due to the fact that people just don’t know exactly what it does/how to use it properly. At the very least, the EMP effect on pesky vehicles could be useful.

They look like mini kill balls.

Kills on impact, can drain shields if player is standing in bubble, can kill player if standing in said bubble when it goes boom, can disable small vehicles (mongooses, it didn’t affect the warthog when I drove through the grenade.)

Also really hard to use… haha.

If it were up to me they would have the same effect as the Reach Grenade Launcher.

> > They are like the Incendiary Grenades from H3/ODST: Area denial.
>
> They have no lasting effect, though. If only we could have the ol’ Firebombs back.

Personally I want the Spike Grenades back. They had a more unique mechanic.

I will always remember the game on Zanzibar where I was chasing some dude up the stairs and he rounds a corner. As he disappears from view the Spike Grenade he threw at the wall appears and despite my copious backpedaling, the molten metal spikes pierced my heart, as well as my hopes and dreams.

And there was nothing like a Unicorn stick. Or a -Yoink!- stick.

For the unimaginative: A -Yoink!- stick would be a Spike Grenade to the crotch.

Im pretty sure it is just another halo 4 gimmick, something over-powered that doesn’t fit in a balanced match making system, nothing to worry about just another frustrating idea.