So we can expect more small maps.

Thank you sparkcast! One of the biggest things wrong with Reach is the lack of small maps. When they started talking about the lights the first thing that came to my mind was Midship. But either way what maps from Halo 1 or 2 or even 3 do you think we can expect now that we know they are smaller maps?

Anything from…

Warlock/Wizard
Midship/Heretic
Derelict/Desolation
Lockout/Blackout
Chill Out/Cold Storage

What do you think/hope we will get?

Longest/Elongation
Backwash
Gemini
Foundation
Prisoner
Rat Race
Guardian
Citadel
Narrows

To name some that haven’t really been remade.

Anything small will be most welcome. As you said, Reach already has plenty of big maps. A map like Sidewinder would be nice, though.

> Anything small will be most welcome. As you said, Reach already has plenty of big maps. A map like Sidewinder would be nice, though.

Don’t get me wrong I would easily welcome a nice Sidewinder remake or a really awesome Headlong remake but I’m just loving the fact that we will be getting the main thing we’ve been missing in Reach. The only real small maps Reach has to offer are the Forgeworld remakes.

ya i totally agree with you guys… Halo Reach does have way to many big maps and lots of them are really wide open

Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?

Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.

On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.

> Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
>
> Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
>
> On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.

I agree with you. We need some more good big maps.

> Anything from…
>
> Warlock/Wizard
> Midship/Heretic
> Derelict/Desolation
> Lockout/Blackout
> Chill Out/Cold Storage

You missed out Guardian. They could very well have been referring to the lights in Blue Room or Shotgun Hallway.
My best guess though is Lockout. People have been clamouring for that to be remade accurately pretty much ever since Halo 2 was released.

guardian would be awesome if it came back

I do agree though, Reach desperately needs dedicated BTB maps such as Valhalla, Headlong and Sidewinder.

On second consideration, Cold Storage or Chill Out could also be very likely choices taking into account Cold Storage’s in particular distinctive lighting.

Nice.

what about terminal?
It was a huge fan favorite map and it was the last map ever played on in halo 2 history
it has its place and deserves a remake
eather in this halo reach map thing or halo 4

From what we have so far…

Damnation
Tombstone/Hang em High
Battle Creek/Beaver Creek
Timberland (or some other Halo PC map)
Unknown Map 1
Unknown Map 2
Unknown Firefight Map

We know at least one of the unshown maps is smaller so if I had my perfect 2 choices it would be…

Lockout or Warlock/Wizard
&
Headlong or Sidewinder

And I hope that if it is any of these maps that have unique themes. I’d really like to see Headlong done pretty well with a nice snow covered theme.

> what about terminal?
> It was a huge fan favorite map and it was the last map ever played on in halo 2 history
> it has its place and deserves a remake
> eather in this halo reach map thing or halo 4

I’d like to see Terminal redon with a night theme. You would know the train is coming by the headlights.

> Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
>
> Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
>
> On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.

Uncaged and Powerhouse are atrocities competitively.

> > Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
> >
> > Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
> >
> > On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.
>
> Uncaged and Powerhouse are atrocities competitively.

Powerhouse isn’t bad. For 1 sided objective.

> > > Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
> > >
> > > Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
> > >
> > > On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.
> >
> > Uncaged and Powerhouse are atrocities competitively.
>
> Powerhouse isn’t bad. For 1 sided objective.

I’ll agree Boneyard and Spire are bad, along with Hemorrhage being a poor remake. I rather like Paradiso and Boneyard could be better if it used both sides (maybe).

As its been said, Powerhouse is good only for 1 sided objective or casual play and not competitively.

Most maps in Arena are 1 sided and give red team (for the most part) the upper hand, even Asylum.

@OP i believe Frank also confirmed that no 360 maps would be remade, so no Midship and no H3 maps at all. Debatable on Lockout though since Blackout was such a fail.

I would most likely put Wizard/Warlock as a high possibility.

Probably Sidewinder as well for a BTB map. Could even see Headlong but i doubt it.

> > > > Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
> > > >
> > > > Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
> > > >
> > > > On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.
> > >
> > > Uncaged and Powerhouse are atrocities competitively.
> >
> > Powerhouse isn’t bad. For 1 sided objective.
>
> I’ll agree Boneyard and Spire are bad, along with Hemorrhage being a poor remake. I rather like Paradiso and Boneyard could be better if it used both sides (maybe).
>
>
> As its been said, Powerhouse is good only for 1 sided objective or casual play and not competitively.
>
> Most maps in Arena are 1 sided and give red team (for the most part) the upper hand, even Asylum.
>
>
> @OP i believe Frank also confirmed that no 360 maps would be remade, so no Midship and no H3 maps at all. Debatable on Lockout though since Blackout was such a fail.
>
> I would most likely put Wizard/Warlock as a high possibility.
>
> Probably Sidewinder as well for a BTB map. Could even see Headlong but i doubt it.

I think he mean’t like no Guardian or Narrows or other maps that were completely new From H3 to Reach.

> > Am I the only one who doesn’t think we have big enough maps?
> >
> > Look at the BTB maps, for example. There are Boneyard, Spire, Hemorrhage, Highlands, and Paradiso (not including the community maps, of course.) Boneyard, Spire, and Paradiso are horrible maps and Hemorrhage is not a very good remake. That means only Highlands is a good map.
> >
> > On the smaller maps, though, you have maps like asylum, Zealot, Powerhouse, and Uncaged, which all are acceptable competitive maps. Don’t you think that we have a too little good BTB maps? I’m not saying that 4 maps are good either, I just think that 343i needs to focus more on BTB maps so the ratio of small maps to big maps isn’t astounding.
>
> Uncaged and Powerhouse are atrocities competitively.

IMO Powerhouse is an underrated map that deserves much more praise than it gets. Uncaged isn’t bad either. Even if you think both are bad for competitive play they are still miles betters than what BTB has to offer for us.

The reason why there are so many large maps is because Reach is all long range gunplay. If we had dual wielding with SMG’s,pistols and other stuff then close range combat would happen more. That’s why hitscan on rifles fail. All long range shooting. But that’s just how I see it. It was better when the BR was just a mid range gun in H3 because you couldnt use it long range. making combat closer. Vahalla was a big map, but since hitscan was not on the BR gun battles came to mid range and short range combat if you didnt have a sniper. Camping on maps like hemorage will happen more because you can shoot across maps no problem.