So...um...Mark V...

Someone mentioned it on reddit and I decided to bring the topic here. Anyone remember this article?
http://bestgameever.co.uk/2015/09/29/halo-5-guardians-chatting-with-josh-holmes-from-343/
Yeah so we kind of did get a Mark V armor set except it looks nothing like what we had before and its name was changed because of all the hate it got. I think Alpha looks fine and all but when will we see an actual Mark V in Halo 5? The updates aren’t over but it would be nice to see another classic armor set such as Mark V return.

Everyone is complaining about the helmet of the Mark V since it looks none thing like the old Mark V

> 2533274888152545;1:
> Someone mentioned it on reddit and I decided to bring the topic here. Anyone remember this article?
> http://bestgameever.co.uk/2015/09/29/halo-5-guardians-chatting-with-josh-holmes-from-343/
> Yeah so we kind of did get a Mark V armor set except it looks nothing like what we had before and its name was changed because of all the hate it got. I think Alpha looks fine and all but when will we see an actual Mark V in Halo 5? The updates aren’t over but it would be nice to see another classic armor set such as Mark V return.

Yeah, that topic is kinda…you know…um…dead?

You’re kinda late to the party.

> 2533274882716804;3:
> > 2533274888152545;1:
> > Someone mentioned it on reddit and I decided to bring the topic here. Anyone remember this article?
> > http://bestgameever.co.uk/2015/09/29/halo-5-guardians-chatting-with-josh-holmes-from-343/
> > Yeah so we kind of did get a Mark V armor set except it looks nothing like what we had before and its name was changed because of all the hate it got. I think Alpha looks fine and all but when will we see an actual Mark V in Halo 5? The updates aren’t over but it would be nice to see another classic armor set such as Mark V return.
>
>
> Yeah, that topic is kinda…you know…um…dead?
>
> You’re kinda late to the party.

Right, because I’m sure if we all just shut up about it, they’ll get right to work adding the proper Mark V.

And cue all the “well they do tend to give us a lot stuff we never asked for” remarks :X

I think the Mark V Alpha is that supposed version of the Mark V, although it looks nothing like the original.

I hope that they eventually bring the Halo Anniversary version into the game, since it look beautiful.

That entire interview pisses me off now that I look back and see them talking about -Yoink- they didn’t add for months…

> 2533274808386392;5:
> I think the Mark V Alpha is that supposed version of the Mark V, although it looks nothing like the original.
>
> I hope that they eventually bring the Halo Anniversary version into the game, since it look beautiful.

I’m fine with the armor … I know it’s off, but it’s also pretty damn close in some aspects to the original graphics CE armor. It’s the helmet that I can’t stand. Look at the silhouette in this Truth and Reconciliation themed screenshot I made. Gotta use the Mark IV helmet …

I’d love the CEA helmet.

> 2533274883669557;7:
> > 2533274808386392;5:
> > I think the Mark V Alpha is that supposed version of the Mark V, although it looks nothing like the original.
> >
> > I hope that they eventually bring the Halo Anniversary version into the game, since it look beautiful.
>
>
> I’m fine with the armor … I know it’s off, but it’s also pretty damn close in some aspects to the original graphics CE armor. It’s the helmet that I can’t stand. Look at the silhouette in this Truth and Reconciliation themed screenshot I made. Gotta use the Mark IV helmet …
>
> I’d love the CEA helmet.

The armour generally looks somewhat similar to the original one, but there are so many small differences that add up and ruin it for me. The proportions are off, and the shield emitter locations/sizes are wrong too. I dunno, I can understand why people might like the armour, but I find it unacceptably inaccurate.

Nice screenshot though!

Idk who thought it would be okay to make the Mark V alpha, but it is like a disgrace to the classic in my opinion. I would rather have an armor that is basically a perfect replica and would be okay with it taking a long time to develop. I mean I guess you could say they got it almost right in Halo 4, but cmon why not Halo 5. Even the Mark IV is a near perfect replica.

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2533274883669557;7:
> > > 2533274808386392;5:
> > > I think the Mark V Alpha is that supposed version of the Mark V, although it looks nothing like the original.
> > >
> > > I hope that they eventually bring the Halo Anniversary version into the game, since it look beautiful.
> >
> >
> > I’m fine with the armor … I know it’s off, but it’s also pretty damn close in some aspects to the original graphics CE armor. It’s the helmet that I can’t stand. Look at the silhouette in this Truth and Reconciliation themed screenshot I made. Gotta use the Mark IV helmet …
> >
> > I’d love the CEA helmet.
>
>
> The armour generally looks somewhat similar to the original one, but there are so many small differences that add up and ruin it for me. The proportions are off, and the shield emitter locations/sizes are wrong too. I dunno, I can understand why people might like the armour, but I find it unacceptably inaccurate.
>
> Nice screenshot though!

Thanks. I’ve settled for “acceptably inaccurate” for the armor, but only on account of how bad the helmet is. So … that’s not really a good excuse, though, is it? That’s like saying “eating catfood for dinner isn’t that bad considering the litter box is the alternative”. lol

> 2533274883669557;10:
> > 2533274808386392;8:
> > > 2533274883669557;7:
> > > > 2533274808386392;5:
> > > > I think the Mark V Alpha is that supposed version of the Mark V, although it looks nothing like the original.
> > > >
> > > > I hope that they eventually bring the Halo Anniversary version into the game, since it look beautiful.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m fine with the armor … I know it’s off, but it’s also pretty damn close in some aspects to the original graphics CE armor. It’s the helmet that I can’t stand. Look at the silhouette in this Truth and Reconciliation themed screenshot I made. Gotta use the Mark IV helmet …
> > >
> > > I’d love the CEA helmet.
> >
> >
> > The armour generally looks somewhat similar to the original one, but there are so many small differences that add up and ruin it for me. The proportions are off, and the shield emitter locations/sizes are wrong too. I dunno, I can understand why people might like the armour, but I find it unacceptably inaccurate.
> >
> > Nice screenshot though!
>
>
> Thanks. I’ve settled for “acceptably inaccurate” for the armor, but only on account of how bad the helmet is. So … that’s not really a good excuse, though, is it? That’s like saying “eating catfood for dinner isn’t that bad considering the litter box is the alternative”. lol

I swear that screenshot is badass. If I ever get the MK IV helmet I am doing what you did.