So thruster pack also has a flash bang

At 7:00 you can see the player using a flash bang with the thruster pack. I wonder how much of your screen is disoriented by it. Feel free to discuss! (I’m sorry if this has already been posted before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeQgJfRanA (7:00)

Pretty sure it switches to third person, now, and what you see there is an old build of the game.

> Pretty sure it switches to third person, now, and what you see there is an old build of the game.

Do you know if they’ve changed it at all?

I believe the blind effect only really applies to yourself; I’ve never seen anything saying it effected others. However if it did, I can’t see it being little more than a slight distortion of your vision, that fades within a second or 2. It most likely wouldn’t impair you in any way, and only give a small visual effect to the flash of light and quick boost of speed.

> > Pretty sure it switches to third person, now, and what you see there is an old build of the game.
>
> Do you know if they’ve changed it at all?

I believe this is the way it works, now.

Yeah, heard that. Cool I guess :wink:

> > > Pretty sure it switches to third person, now, and what you see there is an old build of the game.
> >
> > Do you know if they’ve changed it at all?
>
> I believe this is the way it works, now.

It is, but we still don’t know if the others were blinded by it.

> I believe the blind effect only really applies to yourself; I’ve never seen anything saying it effected others. However if it did, I can’t see it being little more than a slight distortion of your vision, that fades within a second or 2. It most likely wouldn’t impair you in any way, and only give a small visual effect to the flash of light and quick boost of speed.

What do you mean it only applies to yourself? o:

When 343i said there will be a flashbang for the thruster I was expecting a minature flashbang entrapment from H3.

> > > > Pretty sure it switches to third person, now, and what you see there is an old build of the game.
> > >
> > > Do you know if they’ve changed it at all?
> >
> > I believe this is the way it works, now.
>
> It is, but we still don’t know if the others were blinded by it.

Well as of that video, it would make sense that is blinds other people or at least highly disorients them. What would be the purpose of having an additional feature to an armor ability if it doesn’t do it’s sole purpose?(blinding people)

This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.

Looks cool if its in

> This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.

It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.

> > I believe the blind effect only really applies to yourself; I’ve never seen anything saying it effected others. However if it did, I can’t see it being little more than a slight distortion of your vision, that fades within a second or 2. It most likely wouldn’t impair you in any way, and only give a small visual effect to the flash of light and quick boost of speed.
>
> What do you mean it only applies to yourself? o:

I mean that only the player with thruster pack gets their vision slightly impaired when its used. This effect can be seen every time somebody uses TP in ad gameplay we’ve seen.

> > This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.
>
> It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.

Well I saw a grenade drop labeled “flashbang” and the people playing were talking about flashbang grenades. I’ll try and find the footage, but the flashbangs really didn’t appear as game-breaking as you might think.

> > > This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.
> >
> > It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.
>
> Well I saw a grenade drop labeled “flashbang” and the people playing were talking about flashbang grenades. I’ll try and find the footage, but the flashbangs really didn’t appear as game-breaking as you might think.

Nah, I don’t think it’s game breaking at all. Sorta always wanted flash nades in Halo. Pretty cool if they are here. It’ll probably act like the “Flare” equipment in halo 3.

> > > This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.
> >
> > It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.
>
> Well I saw a grenade drop labeled “flashbang” and the people playing were talking about flashbang grenades. I’ll try and find the footage, but the flashbangs really didn’t appear as game-breaking as you might think.

Well the person in the video says it’s part of the thruster pack, he said it’s an additional feature to it.

> > > > This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.
> > >
> > > It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.
> >
> > Well I saw a grenade drop labeled “flashbang” and the people playing were talking about flashbang grenades. I’ll try and find the footage, but the flashbangs really didn’t appear as game-breaking as you might think.
>
> Nah, I don’t think it’s game breaking at all. Sorta always wanted flash nades in Halo. Pretty cool if they are here. It’ll probably act like the “Flare” equipment in halo 3.

From what I saw, it didn’t. It was just a simple flash of light that made it harder for the affected player to see, but didn’t even completely obscure their screen. The blinding effect only lasted for about a second, too. It seems useful, but not overpowered in any way.

> > > > > This isn’t related to the thruster pack, but I’ve seen flashbang grenades in some multiplayer footage.
> > > >
> > > > It was most likely the Thrusters you’re talking about. In the mp footage, it was Frankie saying it had a flash effect, but no flash nades were thrown as far as I’m concerned.
> > >
> > > Well I saw a grenade drop labeled “flashbang” and the people playing were talking about flashbang grenades. I’ll try and find the footage, but the flashbangs really didn’t appear as game-breaking as you might think.
> >
> > Nah, I don’t think it’s game breaking at all. Sorta always wanted flash nades in Halo. Pretty cool if they are here. It’ll probably act like the “Flare” equipment in halo 3.
>
> From what I saw, it didn’t. It was just a simple flash of light that made it harder for the affected player to see, but didn’t even completely obscure their screen. The blinding effect only lasted for about a second, too. It seems useful, but not overpowered in any way.

Yeah I think it’s a cool new feature they’re adding. It certainly is going to change the gameplay quite a bit.

Kovik and Matt, not the brightest people around. They seem to have no idea about what they’re doing so I would take what they say with a grain of salt.