So there's that weapon tuning thing in the TU

What I think should be nerfed:

  1. The Needler. They had it right in previous Halo’s. For some reason they beefed it up for H4. I say put it back the way it was.

  2. Plasa Nades. I’m not saying they should be nerfed, but they stick people too easily. It almost seems like if it gets close enough to you it just sticks you. I think they need to make them a little less heat seeking. I swear I just get stuck too many times just as I kill someone.

  3. The Ghost plasma gun. It just kills you too fast and should be scaled back just a tad. Once again something that should have been left the way it was.

So that’s all I can think of for now, I know it’s not much. I don’t really think there’s much that needs nerfing. The weapons are actually really balanced in this game, AND DON’T NERF THE DMR.

I agree on the plasma nades and the ghost.
But the DMR only needs less magnetisme to balaced things out.

> I agree on the plasma nades and the ghost.
> But the DMR only needs less magnetisme to balaced things out.

A rate of fire nerf and reduced Aim Assist at range.
How can a long-range semi-auto rifle out perform a close-mid ranged rifle at close range?

The plasma nades frustrate me to no end. I think that warthog guns need to be stronger (standard) and that plasma pistols should take longer to charge. Maybe a slight buff on the BR but increase the bullet spread so that a 4sk is hard but not impossible to get

Let the folks at 343 know what you think:

Weapons Feedback

> I agree on the plasma nades and the ghost.
> But the DMR only needs less magnetisme to balaced things out.

DMR needs a damage nerf(6sk)or lower RoF so its kill time will be in line with other rifles. LR should be 5sk(IMO) for both firing modes to bring all around balance. Currently DMR=1.47 sec while BR/LR/CC are around 1.7-8 sec. This means DMR kills at the rate of H2 BR and is why it upsets a lot of people. I’ve never seen this type of imbalance in an FPS before. 343 perfectd DMR and nerfed BR/CC, it just doesnt make any sense.

But the high magnetisme makes landing hits and headshots easy.
If this is reduced to its reach standard it will make the bloom random again and players must realy aim to get CQB kills and the headshot will also be harder.

> But the high magnetisme makes landing hits and headshots easy.
> If this is reduced to its reach standard it will make the bloom random again and players must realy aim to get CQB kills and the headshot will also be harder.

Did you just ask for bloom?

> > I agree on the plasma nades and the ghost.
> > But the DMR only needs less magnetisme to balaced things out.
>
> DMR needs a damage nerf(6sk)or lower RoF so its kill time will be in line with other rifles. LR should be 5sk(IMO) for both firing modes to bring all around balance. Currently DMR=1.47 sec while BR/LR/CC are around 1.7-8 sec. This means DMR kills at the rate of H2 BR and is why it upsets a lot of people. I’ve never seen this type of imbalance in an FPS before. 343 perfectd DMR and nerfed BR/CC, it just doesnt make any sense.

Thank you for the OR statement, doing both would unbalance it at range. Reach’s rate of fire would be better balanced that what it is now.

I agree with OP about the ghost. I hated it when people would just make a big circle around a map getting tons of kills (my friend kept getting 2nd place a few kills behind me with out even firing a shot), but it’s supposed to be more like a high-speed battering ram.

Plasma grenades need to be removed from load out entirely.

I’m hopeless with the needler, can’t kill anything with it in any Halo game which makes no sense what so ever. So I’m not going to say anything about it except that it a little OP in campaign. I know the needler is supposed to be dangerous in the Halo universe, but (correct me if I’m wrong) this is the frist Halo that I’ve noticed the A.I. can super-combine the shots they fire. I remember seeing marines in Halo 3 coated in them and even took a picture in Reach of Kat’s entier forward facing body so thick that the needles were stabbing into other needles and it looked like she should have tipped over from the weight.

Don’t agree about the ghost. It’s made of papier mache and everyone has plasma grenades and plasma pistols. Nerf it’s gun and what is it besides a hovering purple coffin?

Disagree a littleon the needler. It’s been given power weapon status and beefed a little as a result. It got a buff in reach, and I think it was great there. If anything make it like that one if something must be done.

Ghost gun is actually useful in this one. I’d leave if.

The only change to plasmas is maybe less damage to vehicles IMO.

DMR vs Carbine. By the numbers carbine loses every time. Can’t even get all the shots it needs to kill off. DMR needs a RoF nerf

> What I think should be nerfed:
>
> 1. The Needler. They had it right in previous Halo’s. For some reason they beefed it up for H4. I say put it back the way it was.
>
> 2. Plasa Nades. I’m not saying they should be nerfed, but they stick people too easily. It almost seems like if it gets close enough to you it just sticks you. I think they need to make them a little less heat seeking. I swear I just get stuck too many times just as I kill someone.
>
> 3. The Ghost plasma gun. It just kills you too fast and should be scaled back just a tad. Once again something that should have been left the way it was.
>
> So that’s all I can think of for now, I know it’s not much. I don’t really think there’s much that needs nerfing. The weapons are actually really balanced in this game, AND DON’T NERF THE DMR.

  1. no. Its a power weapon now.

  2. mine bounce off people all the time. Sticking was easier in reach.

  3. no. Finally we got people to use the guns instead of just splatters.

I have a hard time getting kills with any kind of grenade. But that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue:

Be sure to also swing by the official Weapons Feedback Thread and join the discussion!

[/quote]
I know the needler is supposed to be dangerous in the Halo universe, but (correct me if I’m wrong) this is the frist Halo that I’ve noticed the A.I. can super-combine the shots they fire.
[/quote]
No, they could back in Halo 2. And it was much more likely to happen then than it is now.

Go into a match of slayer, and look at everyone’s Favorite Weapon. It WILL be a BR, or a DMR. If not, they probably don’t have a positive KD. There’s… What? 5 other starting primaries?

needler is only good when the person you are shooting is in a narrow hall way or the person is running straight at the user.

if anything should be nerfed it should be the DMR, its a mini sniper, 4 shots to kill someone and its very accurate. (br is the same but less accurate)

Nerf the Needler? I think it was too weak in all the other games. It’s actually useful in this game. I think it’s just right.

I agree with the other two, though.

> What I think should be nerfed:
>
> 1. The Needler. They had it right in previous Halo’s. For some reason they beefed it up for H4. I say put it back the way it was.
>
>
> ----Oh please,the needler is just perfect the way it is.
>
> 2. Plasa Nades. I’m not saying they should be nerfed, but they stick people too easily. It almost seems like if it gets close enough to you it just sticks you. I think they need to make them a little less heat seeking. I swear I just get stuck too many times just as I kill someone.
>
>
> ----I’m gonna remain neutral on this one,i NEVER get to stick plasma grenades on people,but then again,i don’t play as much as you do
>
> 3. The Ghost plasma gun. It just kills you too fast and should be scaled back just a tad. Once again something that should have been left the way it was.
>
>
> ----I found it to be good
>
>
> ----Next you’re gonna say make the AR weaker because it kills in close range -_-
>
> So that’s all I can think of for now, I know it’s not much. I don’t really think there’s much that needs nerfing. The weapons are actually really balanced in this game, AND DON’T NERF THE DMR.