So... the "social" playlist still has banning...

And I think that’s the wrong way to go with this playlist. At the moment, there are NO playlists for people who just want to jump in a game for 5 minutes. They may have some time to kill, why shouldn’t’ they be able to play a few minutes of Halo? But they’ll be banned, because they’ll quit anyhow when their real life matter has to be taken care of.

If we want to have good ranked playlists, then we need to filter out some of the casual players. Give them somewhere to go, so that there’s less of them on ranked. We’ll never be able to stop quitting entirely, but this would definitely reduce the percentage, and it would keep more people happy. It’s a way to please everyone, as the serious gamers won’t care about playing social anyway.

And social should mean social, just a fun mix of gametypes that nobody takes too seriously. A mixture of skill levels, join in progress, custom maps, no quitting penalties. I really don’t get why they have to enforce these policies across every single playlist on the game. At the very least they should be relaxed a bit on social.

Betrayals and suicides should still be punished as these have no function whatsoever.

Quitting ruins game play. Currently 343’s answer to quitting is a ban. If you have 5 minutes to kill, please play something else.

Social needs JIP, plain and simple.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> Quitting ruins game play. Currently 343’s answer to quitting is a ban. If you have 5 minutes to kill, please play something else.

Indeed it does ruin the game, which is why we need JIP in social, and possibly even stricter bans in Ranked.

And there is currently an epidemic of quitters on certain playlists. So, instead of just stating your opinion and dismissing my idea, please let us know your solution…

> 2533274875982754;2:
> Quitting ruins game play. Currently 343’s answer to quitting is a ban. If you have 5 minutes to kill, please play something else.

What if they want just to play Halo for 5 minutes they are a customer too, they bought the game too. Yes I know quitting happens and it gets frustrating but people just want to play for a bit because they have actual lives and aren’t wasting it on Halo but very much like the franchise to continue to play just not the way you expect them to.

If you want a 5 minute game, play SWAT. But really if you only have time for a 5 minute game, then don’t start one at all.

> 2533274792641480;1:
> At the moment, there are NO playlists for people who just want to jump in a game for 5 minutes. They may have some time to kill, why shouldn’t’ they be able to play a few minutes of Halo? But they’ll be banned, because they’ll quit anyhow when their real life matter has to be taken care of.

While I haven’t played as much as you, I have still logged over 900 games without “needing” to quit yet. It really isn’t that difficult to set aside a small chunk of time to play a game or two.

> 2533274875982754;2:

Exactly! If someone only wants to play “a few minutes of Halo,” they can start a Custom Game or even jump into a solo Campaign mission to hone their skills. Starting a matchmaking game with random teammates when you already know that you are going to quit in the middle is inconsiderate and irresponsible.

> 2533274925960280;5:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > Quitting ruins game play. Currently 343’s answer to quitting is a ban. If you have 5 minutes to kill, please play something else.
>
>
> What if they want just to play Halo for 5 minutes they are a customer too, they bought the game too. Yes I know quitting happens and it gets frustrating but people just want to play for a bit because they have actual lives and aren’t wasting it on Halo but very much like the franchise to continue to play just not the way you expect them to.

This has been an argument since Bungie put those in with Reach, and in whichever way you slice it, Halo isn’t a game that you can just pick up and play and leave whenever your heart desires.

COD is there for that crowd. Halo is a much more involved game where team play is key.

And honestly, there is no point that can ever be made for gratuitous bouts of quitting. I quit warzone matches and social matches only if I need to go somewhere. I only ever leave ranked games if there’s an emergency that requires my immediate attention, on these points, I find quitting acceptable.

And honestly, there is no mode in Halo 5 that can be “played in 5 minutes.” unless it’s the campaign or a customs mini-game. Most players should realize by now that the conventional halo match can take at least 15 minutes at minimum. Warzone can take up to 20-30 minutes.

Play the campaign then. If you can’t finish the game don’t play one it’s as simple as that! People are pretty selfish now a days… Why would you want to ruin another person’s game if you jump into multiplayer knowing you aren’t going to finish the game? I say viva la ban hammer! You quitters are ruining the game way way more than the ban hammer is that is a FACT!

> 2533274816788253;9:
> Play the campaign then. If you can’t finish the game don’t play one it’s as simple as that! People are pretty selfish now a days… Why would you want to ruin another person’s game if you jump into multiplayer knowing you aren’t going to finish the game? I say viva la ban hammer! You quitters are ruining the game way way more than the ban hammer is that is a FACT!

For the record, I don’t give a damn about social. I play ranked, and never quit. I fight to the bitter end, even when my entire team has left me to a 4 vs 1 beating. My KD suffers in those games, it sucks. WHICH IS WHY I WANT A SOCIAL PLAYLIST - TO IMPROVE THE RANKED PLAYLISTS THAT I CARE ABOUT. Why is that so hard for you lot to grasp? It’s a simple solution that will act as a filter to get rid of some of the quitters from the ranked games.

Damn, it’s like talking to a brick wall here. Nobody seems to be able to see the bigger picture, it’s baffling me. Do you like quitters in your ranked matches? Why would you reject something that would reduce the amount of quitters?

> 2533274905097737;3:
> Social needs JIP, plain and simple.

JIP is in social. I’ve been put into games mid match for both BTB and Social CTF (one time even 30 seconds before we LOST).

I don’t think bans should apply to social. It’s social. There is no rank, no reason to punish people that leave. I left that game I mentioned above because it was just BS I got put into a game where I was literally losing before I even got to play, and then I get a 2 hour ban from Arena, AND it was the only game I had quit the entire day. Well maybe I wouldn’t leave if the game didn’t -Yoink- me over. It’s stupid to expect people to stay and play out a whole game of an unranked playlist where the point is to not try hard. But no, you got put into a completely unwinnable situation and you left that only game that’s social not even ranked so banned. WTF fix your -Yoink- 343i.

> 2533274792641480;1:
> And I think that’s the wrong way to go with this playlist. At the moment, there are NO playlists for people who just want to jump in a game for 5 minutes. They may have some time to kill, why shouldn’t’ they be able to play a few minutes of Halo? But they’ll be banned, because they’ll quit anyhow when their real life matter has to be taken care of.
>
> If we want to have good ranked playlists, then we need to filter out some of the casual players. Give them somewhere to go, so that there’s less of them on ranked. We’ll never be able to stop quitting entirely, but this would definitely reduce the percentage, and it would keep more people happy. It’s a way to please everyone, as the serious gamers won’t care about playing social anyway.
>
> And social should mean social, just a fun mix of gametypes that nobody takes too seriously. A mixture of skill levels, join in progress, custom maps, no quitting penalties. I really don’t get why they have to enforce these policies across every single playlist on the game. At the very least they should be relaxed a bit on social.
>
> Betrayals and suicides should still be punished as these have no function whatsoever.

its called custom games find a gaming group that does them lol and no they were seperate from a company. if your interested in this I am in one called Chaos Gaming conact Peeps is Chaos or Im Toxic Chaos were a fun bunch. We would love to have you we have a game night every night at 10pm cst

> 2535443588185534;12:
> > 2533274792641480;1:
> > And I think that’s the wrong way to go with this playlist. At the moment, there are NO playlists for people who just want to jump in a game for 5 minutes. They may have some time to kill, why shouldn’t’ they be able to play a few minutes of Halo? But they’ll be banned, because they’ll quit anyhow when their real life matter has to be taken care of.
> >
> > If we want to have good ranked playlists, then we need to filter out some of the casual players. Give them somewhere to go, so that there’s less of them on ranked. We’ll never be able to stop quitting entirely, but this would definitely reduce the percentage, and it would keep more people happy. It’s a way to please everyone, as the serious gamers won’t care about playing social anyway.
> >
> > And social should mean social, just a fun mix of gametypes that nobody takes too seriously. A mixture of skill levels, join in progress, custom maps, no quitting penalties. I really don’t get why they have to enforce these policies across every single playlist on the game. At the very least they should be relaxed a bit on social.
> >
> > Betrayals and suicides should still be punished as these have no function whatsoever.
>
>
> its called custom games find a gaming group that does them lol and no they were seperate from a company. if your interested in this I am in one called Chaos Gaming conact Peeps is Chaos or Im Toxic Chaos were a fun bunch. We would love to have you we have a game night every night at 10pm cst

I don’t think you’ve read the thread properly. I don’t want to play social, I want a dedicated social playlist that allows quitting, so that it gets rid of some of the quitters from ranked.