So the showing

I am just going to say this: while I wanted to see more campaign stuff, I understand why they didn’t show anything else for the campaign. There’s only so much they can tease us with before too much info gets out. And though the showing only gave us some background stuff on the figurehead that will be running the new Spartans training grounds or whatever, I was actually pleased with it.

It left me wanting more which in my opinion is a good thing, I don’t want to know too much before the game comes out and that was honestly a really great cinematic we saw. So whoever feels so disappointed, I’m sorry you feel that way, but I thought it was great.

They’re also going for the Dec 8th release which is fine, I’ll probably check out some other games while I’m waiting, I also have the novels to catch up on.

December 8th isn’t too bad. Plenty of time for me to binge BF2042 for a bit until Infinite consumes the next few years of my life.

That was such a lack luster reveal. Felt like it was just rushed aside just to satisfy people.

Whatever. Glad I got the date, I guess.

> 2533274858347535;3:
> That was such a lack luster reveal. Felt like it was just rushed aside just to satisfy people.
>
> Whatever. Glad I got the date, I guess.

Sorry you feel that way, but with it being so close to release, I’m not surprised with what we got. It’s to be expected I suppose.

> 2533274879757912;4:
> > 2533274858347535;3:
> > That was such a lack luster reveal. Felt like it was just rushed aside just to satisfy people.
> >
> > Whatever. Glad I got the date, I guess.
>
> Sorry you feel that way, but with it being so close to release, I’m not surprised with what we got. It’s to be expected I suppose.

I mean. They could have just given us an updated version of the 8 minute gameplay we already seen. At the very least. There were games coming out in November that aired just before this that show soooo much more. Being close to release date is not a valid excuse.

> 2533274858347535;3:
> That was such a lack luster reveal. Felt like it was just rushed aside just to satisfy people.
>
> Whatever. Glad I got the date, I guess.

Same; got the date so im fine

I’ll be honest; I felt a little uncomfortable with most of the spot being about very expensive branded hardware.

I’ve got plenty of Halo merch from the last twenty years, but that spot felt more to me like “buy stuff cash cows” than “this is why you should care about this game”.

I get not wanting to give too much away, but I think maybe a bit more substance to the multiplayer would have been enough? The cutscene was fine, but if you’re not a Halo fan, does it mean anything to you? I played the Flight, so sure, I know what some of multiplayer looks like, but I think a bit of BtB in-game footage or similar would have helped flesh it out, make it real.

Instead, I actually came away feeling a bit like the spot was just there to sell expensive kit, & that doesn’t make me feel like the consumer is particularly respected - its probably naïve to think they ever are, but I would like to believe 343 when they say the fans come first.

Or maybe I’m just old. Maybe there was a time a Halo Controller at £180, or a Halo Xbox at £480 would have gotten me super excited.

But this didn’t excite me, and I am very much a Halo fan, its probably the only reason I have a console at this point.

Not trying to be part of any anti-343 thing. Just saying; that Gamescom spot did not do it for me.

> 2570804787293416;7:
> I’ll be honest; I felt a little uncomfortable with most of the spot being about very expensive branded hardware.
>
> I’ve got plenty of Halo merch from the last twenty years, but that spot felt more to me like “buy stuff cash cows” than “this is why you should care about this game”.
>
> I get not wanting to give too much away, but I think maybe a bit more substance to the multiplayer would have been enough? The cutscene was fine, but if you’re not a Halo fan, does it mean anything to you? I played the Flight, so sure, I know what some of multiplayer looks like, but I think a bit of BtB in-game footage or similar would have helped flesh it out, make it real.
>
> Instead, I actually came away feeling a bit like the spot was just there to sell expensive kit, & that doesn’t make me feel like the consumer is particularly respected - its probably naïve to think they ever are, but I would like to believe 343 when they say the fans come first.
>
> Or maybe I’m just old. Maybe there was a time a Halo Controller at £180, or a Halo Xbox at £480 would have gotten me super excited.
>
> But this didn’t excite me, and I am very much a Halo fan, its probably the only reason I have a console at this point.
>
> Not trying to be part of any anti-343 thing. Just saying; that Gamescom spot did not do it for me.

It makes me feel even more like Microsoft made this decision. I’m not comfortable with 343 or my favorite franchise being pushed around. I think 343 has done a great job and they needed more time to make this game the best it could be for launch

Lackluster. Once again.

If this game is really any good, everyone in charge of marketing this game need to be fired.

If on the other hand, as I suspect is the case, this game is still in a horrible state, they know it’s gonna wreck hard because of a lackluster, content-incomplete launch, everyone that is marketing this game shouldto be commended for cockteasing the community with zero product or resource.

Either way, this whole game, its marketing and road to launch are being handled so strangely awkward and bad, it is laughable. Aren’t these guys supposed to have the biggest budgets in the business? What the hell is going on?

Honestly, these past couple days have been extremely showing. Glad we finally got a date, took them long enough. But other than that, I’m just very disappointed at the lack of communication through this whole ordeal. In their article with the release date they really said they try their best to communicate with us, and they had the nerve to bring up Gamescom saying they did good there. Not gonna lie, it’s just put a very sour taste in my mouth