So that's it then, you just give up?

I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”

Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.

But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?

What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?

I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.

Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.

You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)

If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.

-Silent

most of it are just people talking, I’d say the majority of the “I Quit” posts are lies.

I’m not 100% giving up. I’m just playing other games and checking the forums once in a while for signs that improvements might be made. If enough stuff gets fixed, I’ll be back

My “cries” are not being heard. There is no support from 343 about the Spec code matter and there won’t ever be.

I’m sick and tired of being treated like -Yoink- just because a company can’t admit that they messed up big time and doesn’t want to fix it.

I’m done with Halo 4 and 343, but if they fix this then I won’t be done with Halo 5.

> most of it are just people talking, I’d say the majority of the “I Quit” posts are lies.

No! yOu lieZ!

Lol. Its true that most of those posting “i quit forever!” end up coming back within a week or two.

> My “cries” are not being heard. There is no support from 343 about the Spec code matter and there won’t ever be.
>
> I’m sick and tired of being treated like Yoink! just because a company can’t admit that they messed up big time and doesn’t want to fix it.
>
> I’m done with Halo 4 and 343, but if they fix this then I won’t be done with Halo 5.

Honestly, I agree, the spec code fiasco was a huge disaster. Do remember,t hat was Microsofts fault, not 343is. That is why we have to work for change. What does giving up solve? What does just saying “Nope” do? I can honestly say it doesn’t make you any better than them, because that’s pretty much what they’re doing.

If the community cries out loud enough, and in a respectufl manner, they’ve really got no choice but to oblige and admit they screwed up.

> > most of it are just people talking, I’d say the majority of the “I Quit” posts are lies.
>
> No! yOu lieZ!
>
>
> Lol. Its true that most of those posting “i quit forever!” end up coming back within a week or two.

True as it may be, it is undeiable that the Halo 4 population is diminishing quickly (for various reasons, but part of it is due to lack of interest.)

I’ve given 343 multiple chances.
-I didn’t give up at the March Reach update.
-I didn’t give up at 343 giving the finger to Reach DLC buyers.
-And I didn’t give up at Halo 4.

But if 343 ignores all of Halo 4 problems, I’m done. I’ll sell Halo 4.

> I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”
>
> Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.
>
> But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?
>
> What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?
>
> I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.
>
> Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.
>
> You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)
>
> If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.
>
> -Silent

It’s not halo I’ve given up on. I will always stay true to halo.

What I’ve given up on is this blasted community that never quits whining no matter how good something is, or how it is adjusted if it is not. They are truly insatiable! Nothing can be done to please them or talk sense into them, so I gave up, and quite frankly it appears 343 has as well, and I say good, they deserve it. The series would not survive if it went back to H3, as much as we all may have liked H3 we have to accept that that is not gunna happen and just stop the whining, that is if we truly like Halo enough to see it through to the next generation, which I for one do…

> > I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”
> >
> > Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.
> >
> > But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?
> >
> > What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?
> >
> > I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.
> >
> > Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.
> >
> > You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)
> >
> > If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.
> >
> > -Silent
>
> It’s not halo I’ve given up on. I will always stay true to halo.
>
> What I’ve given up on is this blasted community that never quits whining no matter how good something is, or how it is adjusted if it is not. They are truly insatiable! Nothing can be done to please them or talk sense into them, so I gave up, and quite frankly it appears 343 has as well, and I say good, they deserve it. The series would not survive if it went back to H3, as much as we all may have liked H3 we have to accept that that is not gunna happen and just stop the whining, that is if we truly like Halo enough to see it through to the next generation, which I for one do…

To bad most of the people dont realize they are just as much to blame as the developers.

> I’ve given 343 multiple chances.
> -I didn’t give up at the March Reach update.
> -I didn’t give up at 343 giving the finger to Reach DLC buyers.
> -And I didn’t give up at Halo 4.
>
> But if 343 ignores all of Halo 4 problems, I’m done. I’ll sell Halo 4.

You do know it costs money to release title updates right?

It will come, and if not, then they will lose their fanbase, and a great series will die an abrupt and brutal death.

However, seeing as Halo is -Yoink!- flagship, I don’t see microsoft letting that happen.

But lets hope that TU comes out sooner, rather than later.

> > > most of it are just people talking, I’d say the majority of the “I Quit” posts are lies.
> >
> > No! yOu lieZ!
> >
> >
> > Lol. Its true that most of those posting “i quit forever!” end up coming back within a week or two.
>
> True as it may be, it is undeiable that the Halo 4 population is diminishing quickly (for various reasons, but part of it is due to lack of interest.)

Thats what people said last week claiming only 50k played it now. Apart from the fact that today there was nearly 150k total players online in just wargames disproves that. Coupled with this is that a swathe of the players are having server connection problems and are unable to join normal hoppers. That means the player count is down on what it should be at, as these players are not counted in the numbers online.

Giving up? Nah i’ll just play Black OPs II when the storm passes and everyone (including me) has their code.

Then it’s back to Halo 4, life, and other video games :stuck_out_tongue:

> > I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”
> >
> > Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.
> >
> > But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?
> >
> > What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?
> >
> > I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.
> >
> > Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.
> >
> > You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)
> >
> > If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.
> >
> > -Silent
>
> It’s not halo I’ve given up on. I will always stay true to halo.
>
> What I’ve given up on is this blasted community that never quits whining no matter how good something is, or how it is adjusted if it is not. They are truly insatiable! Nothing can be done to please them or talk sense into them, so I gave up, and quite frankly it appears 343 has as well, and I say good, they deserve it. The series would not survive if it went back to H3, as much as we all may have liked H3 we have to accept that that is not gunna happen and just stop the whining, that is if we truly like Halo enough to see it through to the next generation, which I for one do…

You have to remember that those cries do have valid points, and that they do make sense.

I love halo too much to give up on it fully, but Halo 4 just doesn’t live up to previous titles. It’s just not as… fun. I mean, it’s fun, but the game has changed so much that it… it’s changed the reasons why I played it. It pretty much through what made it so much fun in the past, out the window.

Thats my problem…

> Giving up? Nah i’ll just play Black OPs II when the storm passes and everyone (including me) has their code.
>
> Then it’s back to Halo 4, life, and other video games :stuck_out_tongue:

That, that I can live with.

This whole fiasco was very, very, poorly handled.

> I’m not 100% giving up. I’m just playing other games and checking the forums once in a while for signs that improvements might be made. If enough stuff gets fixed, I’ll be back

This is exactly what I think half of us are doing, lol I know im in the same boat, hell I’ve been playing GTA: San Andreas from my hard drive.

> > > I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”
> > >
> > > Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.
> > >
> > > But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?
> > >
> > > What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?
> > >
> > > I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.
> > >
> > > Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.
> > >
> > > You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)
> > >
> > > If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.
> > >
> > > -Silent
> >
> > It’s not halo I’ve given up on. I will always stay true to halo.
> >
> > What I’ve given up on is this blasted community that never quits whining no matter how good something is, or how it is adjusted if it is not. They are truly insatiable! Nothing can be done to please them or talk sense into them, so I gave up, and quite frankly it appears 343 has as well, and I say good, they deserve it. The series would not survive if it went back to H3, as much as we all may have liked H3 we have to accept that that is not gunna happen and just stop the whining, that is if we truly like Halo enough to see it through to the next generation, which I for one do…
>
> You have to remember that those cries do have valid points, and that they do make sense.
>
> I love halo too much to give up on it fully, but Halo 4 just doesn’t live up to previous titles. It’s just not as… fun. I mean, it’s fun, but the game has changed so much that it… it’s changed the reasons why I played it. It pretty much through what made it so much fun in the past, out the window.
>
> Thats my problem…

And there in is the crux of the issue. Far to many people are judging the game based on old games that are now out of date and no longer played by the mainstream gamer. Instead people should judge a title on its own merits, rather than basing it on prior games. That was then, this is now. Games simply have to change to keep up with the audience expectations of what are “standard features” in the modern FPS game. On its own merit, Halo 4 is bloody good fun, if a little frustrating at times. But without the frustration, we would never yearn to do better and be better.

This is a game, its not real, its simply a fun pastime. If you have fun playing, its done its job.

I’m a fan of Halo. That means I stick through the series through the good and the bad. If I wasn’t a fan of Halo, I wouldn’t be here.

It’s equivalent to being a fan of the Mavericks or Toronto Maple Leafs. Sometimes they’re up (Mavericks) and other times they are down (Leafs are down a lot lol) but there is no reason to give up and quit. Sticking around makes the good parts that much sweeter.

All the memories can only make things worse sometimes. It seems like a majority of this happened with Reach and halo 4 is adding to people’s limits.

I believe I will see this through to the bitter end.

> > > > I’ve been on the forums the last couple days and seen quite a few posts saying “I give up” or “I’m done, goodbye Halo.”
> > > >
> > > > Why? You dislike the game, I get that, in fact I think a lot of us have a problem with the game.
> > > >
> > > > But you just give up? What good does that do? What does that accomplish?
> > > >
> > > > What about all the fun times? The hilarious moments, the epic splatters, that really sick 360 launch assassination you got on that elite in invasion (true story) what about just the overall enjoyment of the game?
> > > >
> > > > I realise Halo 4 might not offer that enjoyment for a lot of people in it’s current state, but just to give up? Don’t just quit. Don’t just leave and say “Nope, I’m done,” but work to actually make the game better.
> > > >
> > > > Work for the fun times, for yourself and for future players of the game. I know one person can’t do much, but many people can.
> > > >
> > > > You’re cries are being heard. I don’t have the link on me at the moment (if one of you does, please post it). Certain Affinity employees, the people working on the maps, are watching the posts, they are seeing the complaints (as far as one of the employees has stated in a message to a user on youtube.)
> > > >
> > > > If you’ve got a problem with Halo 4’s multiplayer, or a suggestion you’d like to see added, or something you think needs fixed, list it below. Of course I can’t garuntee anyones going to see it, but the best we can do is try. Don’t just give up, work to make the game better.
> > > >
> > > > -Silent
> > >
> > > It’s not halo I’ve given up on. I will always stay true to halo.
> > >
> > > What I’ve given up on is this blasted community that never quits whining no matter how good something is, or how it is adjusted if it is not. They are truly insatiable! Nothing can be done to please them or talk sense into them, so I gave up, and quite frankly it appears 343 has as well, and I say good, they deserve it. The series would not survive if it went back to H3, as much as we all may have liked H3 we have to accept that that is not gunna happen and just stop the whining, that is if we truly like Halo enough to see it through to the next generation, which I for one do…
> >
> > You have to remember that those cries do have valid points, and that they do make sense.
> >
> > I love halo too much to give up on it fully, but Halo 4 just doesn’t live up to previous titles. It’s just not as… fun. I mean, it’s fun, but the game has changed so much that it… it’s changed the reasons why I played it. It pretty much through what made it so much fun in the past, out the window.
> >
> > Thats my problem…
>
> And there in is the crux of the issue. Far to many people are judging the game based on old games that are now out of date and no longer played by the mainstream gamer. Instead people should judge a title on its own merits, rather than basing it on prior games. That was then, this is now. Games simply have to change to keep up with the audience expectations of what are “standard features” in the modern FPS game. On its own merit, Halo 4 is bloody good fun, if a little frustrating at times. But without the frustration, we would never yearn to do better and be better.
>
> This is a game, its not real, its simply a fun pastime. If you have fun playing, its done its job.

But I don’t have fun playing. Thats the problem. Let me use CoD as an example:

It does what it does very, very well. But what does it do? It rewards everyone. It doesn’t matter if the only way you can get kills is by standing in one spot and doing the hokey pokey, you WILL get kills. Unless you literally can’t shoot straight, you will get a kill. You could be playing against the best player in the game, and you’d still get a kill.

But it also rewards the good players. It gives them something to work for, IE, MOAB, or NUKE.

The same can not be said for what Halo used to be. Halo used to only reward the good players, but with ranking systems and social slayer, the less competitive could have fun too.

But now we’ve got Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good modern triple A title, but it just doesn’t feel… rewarding in a matter of speaking.

Simply because it rewards everyone. Anyone can get five kills, call down a lucky, random ordinance, and get an inciniary canon. Now they can go get that sick overkill they saw in the montage, because they got a weapon they didn’t even really have to work for that is also really powerful.

It just… It’s really not fun. It’s not rewarding to get a perfection, or a killing spree or frenzy, or even a perfection because I can get it because I had an ordinance dropped at my feet with a powerweapon I didn’t work for or deserve.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fun sytle of gameplay, but its just… its not the style of gameplay I want to play. If I honestly wanted to play a game, where everyone was rewarded but was still decently fun, I’d go back to battlefield 3.

Halo 4 has it’s good points, such as personal loadouts. But whatever tactical depth and or skill gap Halo used to have has been utterly destroyed by ordinance, instant spawns and default sprint.

And to top it all off, I can’t turn any of that off (aside from ordinance.) which is a huge problem. Gametypes that used to be played are also unplayable and unmakeable, because we don’t have the options to make them.

All in all, for what it does, it’s a fun game. But its not the style of game that I want to play.