So...that Bulletin...Grunts (added link)

Linky
So what do you guy canon folks that are think about it. I’m not sure there was something in there trying to justify the change. They said it isn’t change for the sake of it. I don’t think I read it correctly.

PS: I could careless about the change, but interested on response to the bulletin :).

dodge was the goat lol.

> dodge was the goat lol.

Lol I thought it was something like that. xD

They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.

Their toes are still not even remotely similar to the ones in other games.

> They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.

I’m not complaining about it because it doesn’t sync up with the backstory for the physiological makeup of its species established somewhere outside of the games.

I’m complaining because it’s the worst design imaginable. You cannot tell me the Halo 4 grunts look “cool” or “good” or anything at all the way a Grunt -should- look. With their gigantic Elite faces and that pointless nostril-tube blocking one of its’ eyes for no reason.

They’re paying people thousands of dollars to make something any 5 year old could have improved upon with a budget of four cheerios. That is a legitimate complaint, and they have not “owned” anyone by refusing to make it better.

> > They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.
>
> I’m not complaining about it because it doesn’t sync up with the backstory for the physiological makeup of its species established somewhere outside of the games.
>
>
> I’m complaining because it’s the worst design imaginable. You cannot tell me the Halo 4 grunts look “cool” or “good” or anything at all the way a Grunt -should- look. With their gigantic Elite faces and that pointless nostril-tube blocking one of its’ eyes for no reason.
>
>
> They’re paying people thousands of dollars to make something any 5 year old could have improved upon with a budget of four cheerios. That is a legitimate complaint, and they have not “owned” anyone by refusing to make it better.

I think the new design is much more aesthetically pleasing than the previous ones.

Sounds like a load of BS.

Gives me a better reason to shoot them in the head at least. Don’t need them to bite my knee caps off.

> > > They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.
> >
> > I’m not complaining about it because it doesn’t sync up with the backstory for the physiological makeup of its species established somewhere outside of the games.
> >
> >
> > I’m complaining because it’s the worst design imaginable. You cannot tell me the Halo 4 grunts look “cool” or “good” or anything at all the way a Grunt -should- look. With their gigantic Elite faces and that pointless nostril-tube blocking one of its’ eyes for no reason.
> >
> >
> > They’re paying people thousands of dollars to make something any 5 year old could have improved upon with a budget of four cheerios. That is a legitimate complaint, and they have not “owned” anyone by refusing to make it better.
>
> I think the new design is much more aesthetically pleasing than the previous ones.

Agreed. The old Grunts, even in Reach, always looked messy. Sure, these things don’t look the same, but they definitely do look like Grunts. When I think Grunt nowadays, I immediately see the Halo 4 version, and not the Halo 1-Reach version.

I wasnt really concerned about the new look of the grunts, i like them, but i honesly think they didnt have a canonical explaination made up on why they look like that when they first made that image for the grunts for halo 4 yes they said it’s also due to new techonlogy etc but i dont think that justifies it entirely,i think they quickly made up a canonical explaination between the points that people began complaining about it to the making of this bulletin. But as i said i never had a problem with how they look.

> > They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.
>
> I’m not complaining about it because it doesn’t sync up with the backstory for the physiological makeup of its species established somewhere outside of the games.
>
>
> I’m complaining because it’s the worst design imaginable. You cannot tell me the Halo 4 grunts look “cool” or “good” or anything at all the way a Grunt -should- look. With their gigantic Elite faces and that pointless nostril-tube blocking one of its’ eyes for no reason.
>
>
> They’re paying people thousands of dollars to make something any 5 year old could have improved upon with a budget of four cheerios. That is a legitimate complaint, and they have not “owned” anyone by refusing to make it better.

I love the new Look they look like they were described in the books as scary Little Beasts and They can still be funny while being freaky

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I think the new design is much more aesthetically pleasing than the previous ones.

That’s bad news for you guys, because the new Grunts were made for people with bad taste.

> > I think the new design is much more aesthetically pleasing than the previous ones.

-5/10 on the troll

> Their toes are still not even remotely similar to the ones in other games.

To use the canine comparison again, some dogs have 3 toes, some have 4, they’re all dogs. House cats have 4 teeth after the incisor, bobcats have 3, still both cats, blue crabs have 2 claws of the same size and fiddler crabs have one large and one small, both still crabs. Just sayin

Grunts look sooo stupid… but oh well… I can live with it…

They probably won’t be in the campaign much anyways.

>

Seriously Complaint for the sake of Complaint

Cwatididthur

> They pretty much owned all the people complaining about it. It makes sense too. They aren’t arthropods in our traditional nature. That’s just the closest Earthly classification. When you think about the variation of species on our planet–it’s huge. This is an entire universe of species and classifications we can’t imagine.

I guess it does sort of makes sense. They are aliens and can’t perfectly be classified by our nomenclature of species. On top of that, there are just so many sub species and combinations/variations that are similar or different. Honestly seems legit.

> Grunts look sooo stupid… but oh well… I can live with it…
>
> They probably won’t be in the campaign much anyways.

They looked stupid befor, so not much of a change huh? Lol

Im confused. Can someone clarify what this means? They aren’t like arthropods but they’re like arthropods? Thats their excuse? I am really,really,REALLY disappointed. THERE’RE supposed to be an arthropods-LIKE race, but not truly an arthropods species. This excuse makes me feel sad for the halo canon. ;(