So since a battle pass system is confirmed...

Can we get 343 to divulge if this is like the MCC battle pass, or your typical battle pass which is time limited? This is pretty important for me, and I’m sure others in the community as well. Nobody likes being forced to grind out a game all in a few months on the threat of having cosmetics permanently locked away.
https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1289090626512969730?

I wouldn’t say “confirmed” until an official statement comes out. But it does seem highly probable.

FOMO is the scummyest, least community friendly system behind profiting from gambling addition with lootboxes. I really hope they go the route of MCC

Microtransactions -Yoink- yeah!!!Yeeehaaww!!!

> 2745721379988648;1:
> Can we get 343 to divulge if this is like the MCC battle pass, or your typical battle pass which is time limited? This is pretty important for me, and I’m sure others in the community as well. Nobody likes being forced to grind out a game all in a few months on the threat of having cosmetics permanently locked away.
> https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1289090626512969730?

I personally couldn’t care less. Not buying it. They do this because of all the kiddos that want pizza themed skins on their guns. I play to play. Not to decorate my weapons.

> 2533274887875135;3:
> FOMO is the scummyest, least community friendly system behind profiting from gambling addition with lootboxes. I really hope they go the route of MCC

This. FOMO is a huge problem for people with generalized anxiety disorder.

> 2745721379988648;6:
> > 2533274887875135;3:
> > FOMO is the scummyest, least community friendly system behind profiting from gambling addition with lootboxes. I really hope they go the route of MCC
>
> This. FOMO is a huge problem for people with generalized anxiety disorder.

I dont even have anxiety but I worry about missing out. I farm battlepasses I the main games I play even if I’m not having fun.

> 2535453407941985;2:
> I wouldn’t say “confirmed” until an official statement comes out. But it does seem highly probable.

^ This.

Don’t treat it as confirmed until 343 says it. Speculation is fine, but don’t take things as doctrine unless confirmed by 343

The last news said there wont loot boxes, so I feel like there will be a battle pass which isn’t so bad if they do it like mcc, but they might not because money. But hopefully still let you access old seasons like mcc.

> 2533274951753761;4:
> Microtransactions -Yoink- yeah!!!Yeeehaaww!!!

I’m 100% sure nobody really thought microtransactions wouldn’t be in Infinite. The real question is how they’re implemented.

> 2533274887875135;7:
> > 2745721379988648;6:
> > > 2533274887875135;3:
> > >
>
> I dont even have anxiety but I worry about missing out. I farm battlepasses I the main games I play even if I’m not having fun.

???

> 2533274887875135;7:
> > 2745721379988648;6:
> > > 2533274887875135;3:
> > > FOMO is the scummyest, least community friendly system behind profiting from gambling addition with lootboxes. I really hope they go the route of MCC
> >
> > This. FOMO is a huge problem for people with generalized anxiety disorder.
>
> I dont even have anxiety but I worry about missing out. I farm battlepasses I the main games I play even if I’m not having fun.

Yeah it is this addiction that today’s games give fans with battle pass and microtransactions i hate the most.
Fans have to constantly unlock something and buy all the toys,energy drinks,limited editions to have everything.It is not good for the mental health of players,especially kids and it should be forbidden by law.

I am so tired of Halo following monetization trends. If this is true, if every ounce of customization is hidden behind a -Yoink!- battle pass, well, I could forgive the graphics. I could forgive the lack of transparency over the last five years. I can not forgive doing the exact same bloody thing as Halo 5, but worse because now we’ll have FOMO. 343i needs to get it through their heads (or maybe microsoft), that Halo will make money if they make it right, but if they try to squeeze every penny out of their player base (in their tongue, consumers), the game will die.

With the announcement that its F2P with MTX and that there is a “pro team” on board helping it all but confirms to me that they are making Infinite to be a e-sport title. Which explains the drop in visual quality.

Pro gamer opinions gotta be the worst thing to have for a video game. We are going to get a watered down “halo” multi with bland maps with no personality just like in H5

don’t know if it’s really confirmed, but who is really surprised by that? MCC easing us into battlepass systems, gears5 having a similar system and -Yoink!- is chasing the latest microtransaction schemes for years now (DLCs and lootboxes and so on) and (maybe) forcing them into their studios games. even the looter-shooter, open world, live service trend has seemingly reached -Yoink!- games now

Can anyone care to explain how Battle Pass works in MCC? MCC, Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 are the only games I never played and I’d love to play them all if it lands on Series X. As a player, I personal love to collect loots (armor, money/credit, emblems, etc.), so I do not have any problem with Battle Pass. Fortnite, Destiny 2 and Gems of War (puzzle game) are the only one I care to earn everything. I don’t mind doing that with Halo Infinite.

They have the battlepass system in PUBG. You can look at the rewards and decide if it is worth it. I’ve bought two or three out of 6 or 7 seasons for a grand total of $20-30. If I know I won’t have the time to finish the pass, I don’t buy it. In my opinion this is not predatory.

I want this game to be addicting, though I do recognize I have a lot of self-control when it comes to purchases. I don’t think developers should have to cater to people who have anxiety issues. Nearly every retailer has “limited-time offers”…it is supposed to be enticing. If you fall for it every time, maybe seek some help because sales tactics are constantly evolving and you will get burned in the real world if you can’t see through it.

> 2535430545677632;15:
> Can anyone care to explain how Battle Pass works in MCC? MCC, Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 are the only games I never played and I’d love to play them all if it lands on Series X. As a player, I personal love to collect loots (armor, money/credit, emblems, etc.), so I do not have any problem with Battle Pass. Fortnite, Destiny 2 and Gems of War (puzzle game) are the only one I care to earn everything. I don’t mind doing that with Halo Infinite.

MCC’s “battlepass” is free, and you progress along it receiving rewards similar to other battlepasses. The key different is you can choose to spend your season points (the “currency” you use to unlock battlepass rewards) on previous seasons content.

i just took a little bit closer look at the community update and it says for microtransactions: no paid lootboxes with real life money

that means, there could still be:

• paid lootboxes with ingame money (but i think they said, that there also won’t be lootboxes available for purchasable ingame money … → keep in mind, that still doesn’t exclude in game currency lootboxes) - paid battlepass (with or without purchasable levels) and heavy focus on generating FOMO - premium cosmetics (with very high prices → see valorant) - premium weapons (pay2win with another stupid excuse for it like in h5) - purchasable levels to unlock new areas/missions - purchasable XP boostsI’m sure I’m missing a lot of options, since there is only one small kind of MTs excluded yet (and could still be added later into the game → see: crash bandicoot racing)
    also keep in mind: for a very long time, MTs were the first and only thing confirmed for halo infinte. tells you something were the priorities were lying

they could also try to just rebrand the term lootboxes (like surprise mechanics), but i doubt they would be that shameless

I expect a COD MW style monetization scheme. I don’t want it, but it’s probably coming.

Seasonal unlocks/purchases (FOMO)
Constantly rotating store (FOMO)
Special event unlocks/purchases (FOMO)
In-game currency (concealing prices)
They’ll find a way to make sure you always have a small amount in your account, so you feel “invested”.

I’m not typically swayed by these systems, and haven’t spent a dime on MW cosmetics, but if they don’t have a “disable cosmetics” option in-game, then i worry about pizza skins in Halo Infinite (as MW was ruined by anime guns with pink tracer rounds IMO).

Gameplay is more important than visuals definitely, but if i find myself cringing at the game’s cosmetics, imma head out for good.

But hey, no real money loot boxes, so at least they aren’t thaaat baaaad.

> 2533274927740213;8:
> > 2535453407941985;2:
> > I wouldn’t say “confirmed” until an official statement comes out. But it does seem highly probable.
>
> ^ This.
>
> Don’t treat it as confirmed until 343 says it. Speculation is fine, but don’t take things as doctrine unless confirmed by 343

krobrille was right before with the grappling hook