So, Plasma Pistol Master

How in the good world does one get to this stage of commendation?!??! I would really enjoy having that recon variant from the ‘Covenant Loadout Mastery’ commendation, but my god. Trying to get kills with nothing but the PP would seriously send my small KD plummeting. Anyone have and tips for this?

The way I see it as stupid as it sounds is that we must make the sacrifice and use these weapons we would not normally use and master them to get cool armorz then once you haz cool armorz you can get k/d back if cool armorz or k/d mean a lot to you

I’ve already mastered the BR, DMR and Pistol :slight_smile: Working on Assault rifle and frag grenades at the moment, although this will kill my k/d once i get them it’ll be worth it

Yah I looked at that one and I was like… sigh

I don’t know how to get this commendation either (after 18 hours of playtime I got 1 kill with it!!)… I think they should change this commendation into emp enemies or vehicles instead of kills otherwhise noone can Master it :-/

Agreed it should be EMPs included or something… But man just having that recon would make you the most badass player in the lobby as the other noobs just see it and think “my god, that man is a king with the plasma pistol…”

Simple. Apply active camo, and be stealthy about it. Punch an enemy once and shoot them several times with the PP.

> Simple. Apply active camo, and be stealthy about it. Punch an enemy once and shoot them several times with the PP.

Good luck doing that 100+ times…

It works for me, that’s how I get kills with a variety of weapons, not to mention assassinations. I guess I’m a Halo Ninja at heart.

> > Simple. Apply active camo, and be stealthy about it. Punch an enemy once and shoot them several times with the PP.
>
> Good luck doing that 100+ times…

The game just came out. All of the armor is not meant to just be handed to you. Even just getting 2 a day would take just about a month and a half.

It’s not THAT bad, it kills with 12 shots but overheats after 12 shots too… Its bulletmagnetism is also very low, so yeah it’s not a very great gun. I miss the Reach plasma pistol (10sk, overheats after 15+, my 2nd ToD)

Also it’s good to know that it pops the shields after 4 shots, but to get the kill you have to land every shot, if it overheats you’re screwed since it takes atleast 2-3 seconds to be able to fire again. Pace your shots if you miss a few.

I’m currently working on it, I’m almost done with the Carbine and Storm Rifle but all my attempts to get a kill with the PP usually ends up in a melee or assist so it will take a while.

I have better luck killing people with a stick.

Boost like what I’ve seen everyone else do. Doesn’t seem like 343i will punish anyone either from all the crap I’ve seen in the game as well, so many people have the assassination mastery… And the cheaters using the little holes in the maps for oddball and infection.

This one time I had damage up and was using a plasma pistol to stun a ghost, my charged shot hit the ghost and destroyed it. I was quite shocked to see that happen

Putting this on my not to do list.

This is why PAINTBALL needs to be added to a week long rotational playlist. Storm rifle starting weapon, Plasma Pistol secondary, and one shot anywhere kills.

It’s not as weak as you think, rapid fire shots can kill fairly easily.

> This one time I had damage up and was using a plasma pistol to stun a ghost, my charged shot hit the ghost and destroyed it. I was quite shocked to see that happen

Interesting, now I’m off to custom games and see how many charged shots it takes to kill someone. It might be the key to get kills with the PP.

> Boost like what I’ve seen everyone else do. Doesn’t seem like 343i will punish anyone either from all the crap I’ve seen in the game as well, so many people have the assassination mastery… And the cheaters using the little holes in the maps for oddball and infection.

No, they lay down the banhammer, trust me. I myself have experienced a voice mute ban and know many others that have experienced boosting bans.

> Boost like what I’ve seen everyone else do. Doesn’t seem like 343i will punish anyone either from all the crap I’ve seen in the game as well, so many people have the assassination mastery… And the cheaters using the little holes in the maps for oddball and infection.

I have the assassin one and all you have to do is get 1-2 a match of course my k/d sucks but I don’t care I got it beeeach

> How in the good world does one get to this stage of commendation?!??! I would really enjoy having that recon variant from the ‘Covenant Loadout Mastery’ commendation, but my god. Trying to get kills with nothing but the PP would seriously send my small KD plummeting. Anyone have and tips for this?

If the Plasma Pistol was as powerful as Reach’s PP: then it’d be great. But it’s like the Halo 3 PP. Absolutely useless for gaining kills. Especially when 2% of Plasma goes per a single shot.