So now they're screwing over digital customers

WTF are these unlock times? Disc people can get theirs at midnight, but digital buyers have to wait until 343 has their morning coffee!?!??!!? Bloody ridiculous. Screw you, 343.

p.s. Xbox DOT-COM (stupid filters!) still says it releases on the 7th. Could this release be anymore of a mess?

3 Likes

Only if they don’t correct their money-hungry progression issues before launch. If they don’t, this will go from fiasco to debacle.

2 Likes

oh no, however will we survive this?!

I understand the frustration of FOMO, but it’s not a big deal. Plus that staggers things for server loading.

Unlocks won’t be 1:1 between console, MSFT store, Steam, etc anyways or how your regional server works.

Can look at it like this, the physical copies will have updates and a sudden influx of people logging in/DRM, so the servers might be garbo for a hot minute. By the time you get your digital access things should be smoothish sailing

2 Likes

original post: Click at your own discretion

Summary

It doesn’t stagger anything! How dumb are you? The MP is already playable, so the server load is meaningless. It unlocks worldwide at that time. They’re screwing the people that are actually buying the campaign. Plain and simple.

2 Likes

Calm down, Chandler.

In all seriousness…yes, it sucks. With that said, it’s really not that big a deal. You’ve waited this long…what’s a few more hours/ a day? There’s no way to solve it other than buying a physical copy. If you don’t want to do that, you literally just have to let it go. .

3 Likes

Are you really complaining that you have to wait a couple hours? Good grief, give the guys a break.

3 Likes

Original Post: Click at your own discretion

Summary

They don’t deserve a break. They got an extra year and they’ve screwed up the game six ways to sunday, left out core game modes, etc. Now they’re screwing over digital buyers on top of that. They deserve to be fired.

Stop hiding this. Idiots.

2 Likes

Fired by, who exactly? These are the top-level people making these decision, you realize, right? It’s their company; they get to decide. You can dislike it, but that’s their choice. Personally, I think it’s a bit petty to complain that they’re making you wait a few hours when you’ve already waited for years. They’re probably releasing digital at a time that they feel is best suited for the popular play areas across the world.

1 Like

Original post: click at your own discretion

Summary

No, they’re clearly unlocking it after they get their morning coffee. Look at the times, genius. It’s only about what’s convenient for THEM, and they’re on the west coast.

Halo Infinite Global Campaign release times:

• 10:00 AM PST
  • 1:00 PM EST (it says CST but New York is EST)
  • 6:00 PM GMT
  • 7:00 PM CET

These times are such that U.S. players will get access during the late morning and afternoon, able to download the game in advance and play when they get home from work. Players in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK (as well as much of Europe) will also be able to play in the early evening when returning from work. These are the largest hotspots of Halo players so this all makes sense.

In addition, the area that gets the release in the middle of the night is across most of the Middle East and the surrounding area, the region where there are fewest Halo players. This is very clearly intentional.

And, even if it is for 343’s benefit; oh my gosh, stop the freakin’ presses, they want to release the game in the morning instead of forcing their employees to stay up all night to monitor release! How horrible!

So please, stop harassing the developers and kindly get over yourself,

7 Likes

Original Post: Click at your own discretion

Summary

WTF do they need to monitor!? They already released the MP! It’s the 21st century. Midnight unlocks should be standard. Would it kill them to at least show up at 6am instead of 9am once? I mean come on. How lazy can you be!? It doesn’t matter when people other people are working, etc. It’s all about what’s convenient for the devs. STOP defending them. It makes no sense to hold back the digital unlock when people can get the damn disc at midnight.

You don’t understand software update distribution services and their impacts on server loads do you?

original post: Click at your own discretion

Summary

They already launched the MP FFS! The servers are fine. It doesn’t bloody matter!!! Quit making excuses for these clowns.

Stop flagging this. People are such babies.

2 Likes

Day one game update good sir. Distributed by different services and infrastructure than game host servers utilize. Pretty basic comp sci concept lol

Day one updates are NOT a reason to delay the damn digital release. Get a clue. Like I said, stop defending their laziness.

You’re entitledness is killing me.
There is so much arrogance, entitlement and ignorance in your statements its sad.
So the campaign is delayed a couple of hours, not a big deal.
And as far as your comment about they’ve had an extra year, yes they did and it’s clear they made the most of it as well!
So kindly take your entitledness and go home.

4 Likes

Sounds like you know how they should improve their workflow, version control, and process scheduling.

Sounds like you should apply for one of their open engineer positions since you know exactly what the problem and solution are. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement and fix from your own words :smiley:

1 Like

They didn’t make the most of anything! WTF are you smoking!? They’re releasing a Halo without co-op, forge, or firefight! NO other Halo released this barebones before. Does the campaign even have skulls this time? FFS.

I laughed.

Really hard.

4 Likes

Clearly there is no logical way to explain anything to sourishdisc. Talk about living up to the name sour… A few hours difference really isn’t going to make a difference to those of us that understand the process. What makes me laugh most here is the ignorance regarding 343 “coming in early”. The lack of understanding on how digital release works is baffling to read from someone that mentions this being the 21st century…

Find something else to to do for a bit. Play MP. Play another game, play with yourself, just find something else to do while you wait. It’s simple.

1 Like