So no public beta is official?

sorry I don’t go online a lot anymore but I didn’t see anything about “officially no public beta”. I think it would be nuts to not have one. Test it the right way, no? Leave some -Yoink- out and have 3 different betas that have different stuff in each one. Some hardcore players will get all 3, most will play 1 and be happy with that and talk with his friend who got a different version.

Yeah there will be no beta sadly. I forgot the reason why though.

> Yeah there will be no beta sadly. I forgot the reason why though.

Becuase they don’t feel it’s necessary and while it might be nice, they feel it would merely hinder the timeline due date.

They don’t have enough resources nor time to pour into a public beta, unfortunately. The game is about to go gold in less than two months; even if there were one, it’s not nearly enough time to gather information about glitches/gameplay issues and whatnot, and fix them before the game is scheduled to undergo production.

I’d like a public beta too, though.

> sorry I don’t go online a lot anymore but I didn’t see anything about “officially no public beta”. I think it would be nuts to not have one. Test it the right way, no? Leave some Yoink! out and have 3 different betas that have different stuff in each one. Some hardcore players will get all 3, most will play 1 and be happy with that and talk with his friend who got a different version.

#1 UH DUH! The game is coming out in November, and there hasn’t been a beta yet, so it’s a little late.
#2 Public betas are pointless, people use them as Demos, which is not what betas are for testing for bugs, NOT TO PLAY AS A DAMN DEMO.
#3 Every thing that public beta does, 343i can do in house beta tests.
#4 There is no beta, just because Halo 3 and Reach had one, does not mean any future Halo games will have it.

> sorry I don’t go online a lot anymore but I didn’t see anything about “officially no public beta”. I think it would be nuts to not have one. Test it the right way, no? Leave some Yoink! out and have 3 different betas that have different stuff in each one. Some hardcore players will get all 3, most will play 1 and be happy with that and talk with his friend who got a different version.

It’s been official for a long time that there’s no public beta.

Public betas are often useless outside of MMO-style game development. Theoretically they can provide a -Yoink- load of data for developers, but ultimate most “testers” treat betas like Demos, and the point becomes moot.

Beyond that, Public betas take time out of development,

Open Betas sloe down development and hinder it as well.