So no chance of support for 900 series cards ?

Haii~ ,It was really disappointing to been locked out in a black screen during the previous flight and pretty sure my 980 strix can run this game(ive checked inside the gamedata inside the supported hardware list and 980s was in the supported list)
I know that it was hardware compatibility issues ,and now just i saw on steam they bumped the minimum AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.

All i want to know is will 980s eventually be supported with halo infinite XD ?

Thanks

Someone will figure out how to lower the settings to the point a GTX 760 can run it. The only problem is 343 potentially (likely) banning people who edit the files so they can play the game on not so great hardware by modern standards. The game looks good, but it doesn’t look so good that a good GPU from 2013 shouldn’t have a way to play the game at 1080p with 60 FPS after a few modifications. This is assuming they have a decent CPU and adequate RAM as well. Large, detailed environments can be difficult to run, but a decent GPU shouldn’t necessarily be the bottleneck unless you want it to look pretty.

Whatever the case is, I feel Infinite isn’t in a very optimized state at this point (Yes, even after the 20% performance increase on PC). The game doesn’t run as well as you think it would on an Xbox One X. It doesn’t look much better than Battlefront II 2017, and doesn’t have much better physics, but it does have performance issues. I know DICE is full of techno wizards, but you think having the people who rebuilt the Blam! engine on hand would make optimization noticeably easier. At least enough to have an option to sacrifice some visuals to get 1080p 60 FPS on XboneX.

But then maybe all of this doesn’t matter to 343. They might figure that since CPU and GPU performance is on track to be massively increased over the next few years, quality optimization wouldn’t really matter in the long run. My issue is more grounded in cost. Availability of components will definitely get back to normal over the next couple of years, but at the current rate, good gaming computers will still be priced out of the range of most people.

Unyshek already confirmed on twitter they fixed the maxwell series issues. Also, a 980ti for example is way more powerful than a 1050. Should be able to run it.

Those recommended specs for 1080p resolution though.

Yikes lol.

RTX 2070 and i7 9700k just for 1080p. No wonder PC gamers had issues with the technical preview.

Well -Yoink- i guess i need to shell a ton of $$$ for a new card

Well i sure hope there will be legacy card support and try to run it in lower res and at the very least be able launch the game.
I play VR games all the time with my 980 and do 3d modeling and animations with no problems atall and for VR it runs much higher res per eyes so this is more a optimization(poorly coded) issue more than power limitation

> 2644524424069134;3:
> Unyshek already confirmed on twitter they fixed the maxwell series issues. Also, a 980ti for example is way more powerful than a 1050. Should be able to run it.

This is nice to hear ,cuz it dint made sense to me that 1050 was to be the minimum as like you said 980s(MSRP was 700bucks) do donuts around a 1050.

PS:I hope there wont be a hard coded hardware block if someone attempts to launch it , let ppls enjoy the game they paid for i say? XD( bought it just now).
if its Vram limitation well this can be fixed by reducing texture quality and more mip maping.

> 2533274925473364;4:
> Those recommended specs for 1080p resolution though.
>
> Yikes lol.
>
> RTX 2070 and i7 9700k just for 1080p. No wonder PC gamers had issues with the technical preview.

Nowhere does the specs say that is for 1080p… Idk where you got your information, that is for 4K as in similar performance to the Series X

Just tried launching the Infinite beta with two GTX 980’s in SLI and have consistent crashes to the desktop. There’s major issues with the 900 series behind the scenes that I hope they fix. But as of right now, they are unusable.