So no BETA..Maybe a Demo?

Since 343 wont be having a BETA for Halo 4, what do you think are the possibilities of them having a demo before the games release?

Chances are zero to bugger all unfortunatly.

i wouldn’t get my hopes up for a Demo before the game is released.

Sadly, it looks like no Demo either. I’m sure if we got one though, thousands would play it. But then hundreds would come on here and complain too.

So maybe it’s for the better that we don’t get a demo either. Really, do you think getting a demo will make or break it for you (or the majority of us here on Waypoint)?

I’d venture to guess most of us here are going to get the game regardless. So having a demo would only allow us to play a portion of it sooner.

If a demo means the team at 343 has to take away from the full game, then no, I’d rather not have a demo.

> Sadly, it looks like no Demo either. I’m sure if we got one though, thousands would play it. But then hundreds would come on here and complain too.
>
> So maybe it’s for the better that we don’t get a demo either. Really, do you think getting a demo will make or break it for you (or the majority of us here on Waypoint)?
>
> I’d venture to guess most of us here are going to get the game regardless. So having a demo would only allow us to play a portion of it sooner.
>
> If a demo means the team at 343 has to take away from the full game, then no, I’d rather not have a demo.

If there is a demo it would likely be a segment of the first level. Give players a chance to see that halo 4 is still halo.

But why the first level? Because its already gone through indepth detail by gi. And theres no chance of us spoiling what the new antagonists will be. I dont believe it should start from the very beginning of the opening, but maybe show off some of the new story driven scenes, like the elevator part.

Fighting covies will really help get back into the swing. But will it deter others from getting the game? Of course, no matter what theyre will always be haters.

The haters on this site make up a small portion of the halo community as a whole. So that doesnt bug me one bit.

I would love a demo btw

> But then hundreds would come on here and complain too.

Not if it’s done well.

I didn’t hate Reach primarily because of Bloom or lack of shield bleedthrough or the horrid friendly AI. I hated Reach because the Reach demo was severely limiting everything.

Not even the slightest armor customization (color) then suddenly, I get a prompt to change it but if I exit or ignore it, I can’t change it. Every time I got that prompt, I felt like I was being teased.

And the level selection sickened me. LNoS, of course, the level with unskippable cinematics. You’d think Microsoft would have changed the demo level to something more appealing. All I saw was something that masked the full game. Something misleading.

Finally, lack of save and quit. Reach was lacking replayability to me so I thought I’d customize my own experience. I did just that but with no save and quit, I had to start over and over and over again. Hours wasted, videos trashed.

> If a demo means the team at 343 has to take away from the full game, then no, I’d rather not have a demo.

A demo doesn’t necessarily have to take away from the full game. It just needs to include the basics.

Halo basics: Theater, campaign save and quit, offline mp (i.e. 1 map), basic customization (i.e. color)

The Halo PC demo is why I got Halo PC and Halo for Xbox and how I came to be a Halo fan.

I now enjoy Reach but that’s only because I got CEA. If it weren’t for that, I’d still be hating Reach.

> > Sadly, it looks like no Demo either. I’m sure if we got one though, thousands would play it. But then hundreds would come on here and complain too.
> >
> > So maybe it’s for the better that we don’t get a demo either. Really, do you think getting a demo will make or break it for you (or the majority of us here on Waypoint)?
> >
> > I’d venture to guess most of us here are going to get the game regardless. So having a demo would only allow us to play a portion of it sooner.
> >
> > If a demo means the team at 343 has to take away from the full game, then no, I’d rather not have a demo.
>
> If there is a demo it would likely be a segment of the first level. Give players a chance to see that halo 4 is still halo.
>
> But why the first level? Because its already gone through indepth detail by gi. And theres no chance of us spoiling what the new antagonists will be. I dont believe it should start from the very beginning of the opening, but maybe show off some of the new story driven scenes, like the elevator part.
>
> Fighting covies will really help get back into the swing. But will it deter others from getting the game? Of course, no matter what theyre will always be haters.
>
> The haters on this site make up a small portion of the halo community as a whole. So that doesnt bug me one bit.
>
> I would love a demo btw

i agree with this. A Demo is still possible. 343 has done a Reach demo. So why not one for Halo4? One campaign Mission and one MP map. Wouldnt take much time. Halo4 will go gold 1 or 2 month before release. There is time for a demo.

I bet there will be

> Since 343 wont be having a BETA for Halo 4, what do you think are the possibilities of them having a demo before the games release?

If there is no BETA why would there be a demo before release? That logic doesn’t make sense.

> Chances are zero to bugger all unfortunatly.

Chances are zero I agree. But I think that it is fortunately, I don’t want 343 worrying about putting out a beta or a demo just focus on Making Halo 4 and not putting out anything but a full product

Halo has never had a demo before…

> > Since 343 wont be having a BETA for Halo 4, what do you think are the possibilities of them having a demo before the games release?
>
> If there is no BETA why would there be a demo before release? That logic doesn’t make sense.

ಠ_ಠ

Beta =/= Demo

> Halo has never had a demo before…

Doesn’t mean there can’t ever be one. There’s always a first for everything.

About 1 in four hundred million billion.

Funny thing about a beta is its not really even a beta build by the time they release the “Public beta” its most likely at the gamma or epsilon stage and all betas are are testing Internal testings are betas there just not public. There called by many name Internal test, Private Beta, and Closed beta all mean the same thing.

Doubt it =/