so... new March ranking system?

Just finished my Team Arena 10 games and got Diamond 1… Mind you, last season I was in the Onyx 1600’s

Did they tweak the ranking again, because I could understand Diamond 4 or 5, but 1?

Stats:
51 Accuracy
5.1 KDA
50% wins

Seems off

I think it intentionally puts you a little lower than you really are so you can win some easy games to rank up…aka the system is pretty broken.

They may have changed the system. Or you could have played against different players. Either of which is a possibility, but I am going with the latter.

You only won 50% of your qualifying games so sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

In February I was playing mostly Onyx players to qualify, this time it was nothing but Diamonds and Platinums. I’m strongly convinced the time of day will influence your qualify rank (ie: not many onyx players were on at the time?)

> 2728296738561752;4:
> You only won 50% of your qualifying games so sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

I’ve won less and been ranked higher. Other people I know have seen inconsistencies with win ratio for qualifying also.

> 2535442292537369;5:
> In February I was playing mostly Onyx players to qualify, this time it was nothing but Diamonds and Platinums. I’m strongly convinced the time of day will influence your qualify rank (ie: not many onyx players were on at the time?)

I think it’s to do with who you play against as well.
i got 60% wins and 1.2kd and got gold five, exactly the same as I started with in the February season. Very hard to improve your rank with this system unless you have all 4 skilled players playing in a fire team

Has the February commendation packs been given out yet ?

I’m not going to defend or even attempt to explain this ranking system created by 343i as I think it is inherently broken beyond repair and should be replaced. As always, there is very little information provided by 343i and most of the comments you read on these forums are guess work and pure speculation.

There is a theory that the system uses previous rankings as an indicator or consideration, so may be this provided you with a starting reference point to be matched against Diamonds and Platinums in your qualifying games. If you only won 50% of your games then the pendulum affect may have ensured you didn’t start playing games against players above your current skill level and placed you about right with sufficient leeway to improve your ranking above Diamond1.

I believe there was also talk about tweaking the ranking system as too many players were getting placed too highly. I know there was talk about too many players being placed in Champion so may be this is being extended and filtered down to Onyx. The end result in theory could be a more balanced spread of players across all skill levels, which will result in higher skilled players (who consider themselves to be Onyx) being placed lower than previous seasons…again this will filter its way down with more lower skilled players being placed in Bronze, Silver and Gold tiers respectively. As long as the system is consistent and starts placing players in the right skill levels then it doesn’t really matter whether you are Diamond or Onyx…the main and only point should be placing you in the correct tier with players of the same or similar skill level.

I was like Onyx 1550 last season and got placed Platinum 6. Every season so far I’ve been placed lower than what I had climbed to the previous season. It’s getting pretty frustrating and turning me away from Arena

and the cosmic joke of the situation is that the game still considers me a BTB “Champion” rank. I placed champ when BTB was ranked (my favorite playlist of Halo) , and now I am unable to find games. I told myself when buying Halo 5 that the BTB should be above average. Now I can’t find games.

Why does nobody understand that it doesn’t matter how many wins you had? It matters who you played against and how you did. Accuracy doesn’t mean anything and a 5.1 KDA isn’t that good. Playing against Onyxs and losing won’t net you an Onyx rank.

> 2533274816702503;12:
> Why does nobody understand that it doesn’t matter how many wins you had? It matters who you played against and how you did. Accuracy doesn’t mean anything and a 5.1 KDA isn’t that good. Playing against Onyxs and losing won’t net you an Onyx rank.

You just contradicted yourself, but the second part is what I believe to be correct…I’ve always viewed it as a pendulum affect against different ranks and your final placement is based on performance (wins/losses) against those players.

> 2535442292537369;5:
> In February I was playing mostly Onyx players to qualify, this time it was nothing but Diamonds and Platinums. I’m strongly convinced the time of day will influence your qualify rank (ie: not many onyx players were on at the time?)

You answered your own question. No one really knows what goes into the initial 10 placement matches, but it does matter who you play against in those 10 placement matches. If you won 50% of your games, as you said, against diamonds and platinum, then yes, the ranking system put you in the correct rank. An onyx player would win probably 9/10 or 10/10 if playing against platinum/diamond players.

> 2533274800383882;14:
> > 2535442292537369;5:
> > In February I was playing mostly Onyx players to qualify, this time it was nothing but Diamonds and Platinums. I’m strongly convinced the time of day will influence your qualify rank (ie: not many onyx players were on at the time?)
>
>
> You answered your own question. No one really knows what goes into the initial 10 placement matches, but it does matter who you play against in those 10 placement matches. If you won 50% of your games, as you said, against diamonds and platinum, then yes, the ranking system put you in the correct rank. An onyx player would win probably 9/10 or 10/10 if playing against platinum/diamond players.

You’re right. I’m bad.

> 2535442292537369;1:
> Just finished my Team Arena 10 games and got Diamond 1… Mind you, last season I was in the Onyx 1600’s
>
> Did they tweak the ranking again, because I could understand Diamond 4 or 5, but 1?
>
> Stats:
> 51 Accuracy
> 5.1 KDA
> 50% wins
>
> Seems off

I think it’s dificult to get a ranked system well done and working for everyone so clearly theres gonna be issues but if you are good and have time to play what’s the matter

> 2535442292537369;15:
> > 2533274800383882;14:
> > > 2535442292537369;5:
> > > In February I was playing mostly Onyx players to qualify, this time it was nothing but Diamonds and Platinums. I’m strongly convinced the time of day will influence your qualify rank (ie: not many onyx players were on at the time?)
> >
> >
> > You answered your own question. No one really knows what goes into the initial 10 placement matches, but it does matter who you play against in those 10 placement matches. If you won 50% of your games, as you said, against diamonds and platinum, then yes, the ranking system put you in the correct rank. An onyx player would win probably 9/10 or 10/10 if playing against platinum/diamond players.
>
>
> You’re right. I’m bad.

I’m not saying you are bad. Just letting you know what I gathered from my experience with the ranking system.

> 2535442292537369;1:
> Just finished my Team Arena 10 games and got Diamond 1… Mind you, last season I was in the Onyx 1600’s
>
> Did they tweak the ranking again, because I could understand Diamond 4 or 5, but 1?
>
> Stats:
> 51 Accuracy
> 5.1 KDA
> 50% wins
>
> Seems off

I’ll keep this in mind when I play later today. I’d like to see me placed High Diamond and or Onyx after 10 matches as I was Onyx In Team Arena, Swat, and Slayer since launch. Missed FFA Onyx this past season didn’t even get ranked.

> 2535442292537369;1:
>
>
> Stats:
> 51 Accuracy
> 5.1 KDA
> 50% wins
>
> Seems off

Not sure when people are going to understand that your CSR is not based on your individual skill, it is based on your teamwork, which translates into wins. my KD isnt all that but each season I have had my initial rank climb up by 1. Preseason i was plat, january i was diamond, and Feb i was diamond and was able to climb to onyx. So with that being said, it shows that it is based on team work.

Here we go again, you will not be placed in your same rankings as last season…