So much vitriol and division on the forums

And I’m really just disappointed that 343i has let the community get back to this point by breaking promises they made about gamemodes being available day 1.

At the end of the day, nothing we say is going to change the fact that they’re behind schedule and using the “live service” model as a reason that this is okay…but it really sucks coming onto these forums ever since the coop/forge announcement was made.

Feels like all the excitement that the community had been building up just evaporated.

A long, long time ago in the bungie forums leading up to halo 2 the web lead, I can’t recall his handle unfortunately, wrote a great piece defining the difference in substance and noise. When the 343 folks look at the forums they have to decide what’s just noise, and what’s some thing worth playing attention to. Unfortunately 90% of post and replies are just noise with little thought beyond personal wants.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.

343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.

there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274817747391;3:
> 343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.
>
> 343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.
>
> there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.

Then why not go to a different fanbase? It sounds like Halo isn’t quite your style anymore, Bungie Boy.
This is coming from someone who started on CE, mind you. I’ve been with this franchise almost every step of the way. It’s not the devs, it’s you. There is a plethora of people who love 343’s Halo games. Your time, and the time of every other toxic-@ss Halo 3 kid is coming to an end.

Because, yeah sure, Bungie definitely didn’t have any problems. yeah the almighty Bungie most certainly never upset a large number of fans either.

> 2533274817747391;3:
> 343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.
>
> 343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.
>
> there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.

its more optimism and not being a yoink about a product that realistically means nothing in the grand scheme of things (yes Halo means alot to me personally but in the context of my life, its unemportant).

People still though get attached to series and products for a variety of reasons and just want them to succeed/meet their potential. We see this on a yearly basis with Destiny and Bungie. A series that arguably has more consistent disappointments then halo cause of the release schedule. However, people still want it to be good and get excited when stuff is announced (see the witch queen reveal today on 8/24).

343 has stumbled ALOT but there is redeeming qualities in each of their products and its extremely hard to argue that any of their products are bad games and or shooters (so no, they are not incompetant and they are talented as ALL games have issues). However, people still want Halo to succeed so will give them the benefit of the doubt. Could it fail? 100%. However, it has equal chances to succeed as well.

Im a pessemistic person and used to act just like you are. Guess what? It was a really bad life to always view things as “things will be bad” all the time. Its a video game, relax. If you dont like the series anymore, move on. I normally would not suggest that as its a poor stance to have, but those acting as you are instead of pushing for the betterment of the game and the studio should just leave

> 2533274817747391;3:
> 343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.
>
> 343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.
>
> there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.

Genuine question, why are you here then? If you hate everything 343 has done and have no faith whatsoever that Infinite will be good, then why are you here?

Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.

But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.

I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.

> 2533274817747391;3:
> 343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.
>
> 343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.
>
> there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.

I like 343’s Halo games. They’ve stumbled quite a few times yeah, but they’ve always been able to deliver in the end. To say they’re not talented developers is definitely a weird -Yoink- statement. Say what you want about their take on halo, you can’t deny that their games on a technical level play really well.

> 2533274882881665;7:
> Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
>
> But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
>
> I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.

It’s weird too, because the people super pissed off are all saying how the game should be delayed until everything is finished and polished and great, and then if you call them out for demanding a perfect game they deny it. It’s just sad to think of all the people who are still hyped, who have to deal with such a toxic and angry community. No one should be made to feel bad for being excited for a game.

> 2533274802341352;9:
> > 2533274882881665;7:
> > Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
> >
> > But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
> >
> > I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.
>
> It’s weird too, because the people super pissed off are all saying how the game should be delayed until everything is finished and polished and great, and then if you call them out for demanding a perfect game they deny it. It’s just sad to think of all the people who are still hyped, who have to deal with such a toxic and angry community. No one should be made to feel bad for being excited for a game.

Thinking about just muting the Halo Community until I’ve played the campaign. I’ve already unsubbed from the subreddit. I usually do it when the whole game inevitably starts to leak but this time I might just skip the fun of launch and enjoy the game for myself.

Midnight release on Game Pass sounds good to me.

> 2533274882881665;10:
> > 2533274802341352;9:
> > > 2533274882881665;7:
> > > Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
> > >
> > > But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
> > >
> > > I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.
> >
> > It’s weird too, because the people super pissed off are all saying how the game should be delayed until everything is finished and polished and great, and then if you call them out for demanding a perfect game they deny it. It’s just sad to think of all the people who are still hyped, who have to deal with such a toxic and angry community. No one should be made to feel bad for being excited for a game.
>
> Thinking about just muting the Halo Community until I’ve played the campaign. I’ve already unsubbed from the subreddit. I usually do it when the whole game inevitably starts to leak but this time I might just skip the fun of launch and enjoy the game for myself.
>
> Midnight release on Game Pass sounds good to me.

I have never once even had to consider unfollowing media because of a bad community, but I feel the same way. It’s like people don’t even want to be excited, they don’t even want the game to be good, so they can feel justified for the years of bashing 343. The worst part, is that all of the constructive posts just get buried under all the vitriol.

> 2533274792149339;1:
> And I’m really just disappointed that 343i has let the community get back to this point by breaking promises they made about gamemodes being available day 1.
>
> At the end of the day, nothing we say is going to change the fact that they’re behind schedule and using the “live service” model as a reason that this is okay…but it really sucks coming onto these forums ever since the coop/forge announcement was made.
>
> Feels like all the excitement that the community had been building up just evaporated.

Exactly, cause we didn’t expect the game to be neutered upon release. But we’re trying to fix this problem now so we won’t have it in the future. I do not believe there’s no hope for a delay. We have to say something

That is what happen when a game becomes in a Live Service dude, and I really hate that, because it feels so much vitriol in the community and that is not really good.

> 2533274882898126;4:
> > 2533274817747391;3:
> > 343 has always been incompetent. It’s shocking how much people are willing to forgive because it’s got halo on the cover.
> >
> > 343 has had no quality release in a decade of controlling the IP. EVERY SINGLE GAME has had a myriad of issues and that’s all before the arguments of gameplay preferences. They simply aren’t a talented studio and the IP is better off in someone’s else’s hands.
> >
> > there is literally no reason for anyone to expect 343 to deliver the great game. Yet they do every time a new one has been announced. It’s just pure fanboy hype.
>
> Then why not go to a different fanbase? It sounds like Halo isn’t quite your style anymore, Bungie Boy.
> This is coming from someone who started on CE, mind you. I’ve been with this franchise almost every step of the way. It’s not the devs, it’s you. There is a plethora of people who love 343’s Halo games. Your time, and the time of every other toxic-@ss Halo 3 kid is coming to an end.
>
> Because, yeah sure, Bungie definitely didn’t have any problems. yeah the almighty Bungie most certainly never upset a large number of fans either.

Damn. We’re all here as Halo fans, and telling fans of the original games that their time is coming to an end is pretty weak dude.

Complaining about the state of 343s Halo games is pretty reasonable, in my view. I don’t think his post was all that helpful either, but referring to people as “Bungie Boy” Seems pretty pointless and divisive.

Here’s the issue yeah?

It is and has been a repetitive cycle with 343i and this is the issue
every time they release a game, they hype it up, launch it either completely broken or completely gutted devoid of content, talk about how they’ve learned from their mistakes with the previous release and how they are going to make sure it never happens again, and then proceed to do the exact same thing the next time around launching either a broken game or a game gutted of content.

This isn’t new, its been happening since they took over H:R and people are frankly getting tired of it
We critique the game because we love the game and we are tired of getting shafted more and more with every release

The division and split this time around comes such a spat of good and bad right?
-good: initial trailer a return to old art design
-bad: campaign showcase with lacklustre graphics
-good: a tech preview that by most accounts was received very very well
-bad: the news that key promised features will be missing at launch

With 343i it always seems to be 2 steps forward one step back

What makes this even all the more perplexing to me me is that halo now lies in such a state that people are practically begging for an unfinished product to be released
343i has done such a poor job of managing this franchise that people no longer expect great things from halo, they actually expect and are fine with getting the minimum possible for maximum money under the promise that its all coming soon *TM

No one who wants the game delayed wants it delayed so you or anyone else have to wait, no one wants the game delayed to spite you and no one who wants it delayed is trying to be a “vocal minority” who is just screaming noise into the ether to get what they want

what they are, and who they are is people who simply expect a finished complete polished product for their money, and for some reason that is being demonised on these forums…

100 % their own damn fault. It’s not like the decision to cut coop was made overnight. They had quite the momentum going with the Tech Preview but I’m guessing they’re banking on the short attention span of gamers in general to let this blow over.

> 2533274882881665;7:
> Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
>
> But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
>
> I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.

I’ve been a ghost reader on these forums for the past decade. Since Halo 4 it’s mostly been an echo chamber of the most vocal anti-343 crowd in the forum to essentially gatekeeper the franchise and circle jerk themselves into believing they are really “most” of the fans of this franchise. Anyone who’s been on this forum for at least the past year or so knows the names of the people I’m referring to. I think it’s odd that when Everyone saw Infinite as a positive and the community was overjoyed and excited for what they saw, those specific individuals were completely silent…yet the moment a post popped up bashing 343 for a decision at all, they flocked to that thread. And now with what’s going on I see those same people on thread after thread trying to rebuild their echo chamber in here. It’s really sad to see

> 2533274802341352;9:
> > 2533274882881665;7:
> > Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
> >
> > But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
> >
> > I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.
>
> It’s weird too, because the people super pissed off are all saying how the game should be delayed until everything is finished and polished and great, and then if you call them out for demanding a perfect game they deny it. It’s just sad to think of all the people who are still hyped, who have to deal with such a toxic and angry community. No one should be made to feel bad for being excited for a game.

Notice that those same people doing this were completely silent for the past few months when the community was almost entirely positive but now became vocal again at the sign of division

> 2533274883893694;17:
> > 2533274882881665;7:
> > Yup, the Halo community has always been very, uh, ‘reactive’.
> >
> > But this time everyone went from genuinely fun and excited to downright spiteful. It’s awful. Over a feature that is getting added to the game regardless.
> >
> > I’ve only just realised that if Infinite isn’t absolutely perfect people are going to lose their minds, which sucks because I thought it was obvious that it’s looking to be “only good”.
>
> I’ve been a ghost reader on these forums for the past decade. Since Halo 4 it’s mostly been an echo chamber of the most vocal anti-343 crowd in the forum to essentially gatekeeper the franchise and circle jerk themselves into believing they are really “most” of the fans of this franchise. Anyone who’s been on this forum for at least the past year or so knows the names of the people I’m referring to. I think it’s odd that when Everyone saw Infinite as a positive and the community was overjoyed and excited for what they saw, those specific individuals were completely silent…yet the moment a post popped up bashing 343 for a decision at all, they flocked to that thread. And now with what’s going on I see those same people on thread after thread trying to rebuild their echo chamber in here. It’s really sad to see

I don’t mean to criticise the echo chamber, it’s the internet, I’d be more surprised if that wasn’t happening. The criticism is fair, but people are being right -Yoinks!- about it. This time it feels overwhelmingly toxic.

Frankly it looks like we are replacing one echo chamber with another in this thread so I think I’ll peace out until a trailer drops.

> 2533274832130936;15:
> Here’s the issue yeah?
>
> It is and has been a repetitive cycle with 343i and this is the issue
> every time they release a game, they hype it up, launch it either completely broken or completely gutted devoid of content, talk about how they’ve learned from their mistakes with the previous release and how they are going to make sure it never happens again, and then proceed to do the exact same thing the next time around launching either a broken game or a game gutted of content.
>
> This isn’t new, its been happening since they took over H:R and people are frankly getting tired of it
> We critique the game because we love the game and we are tired of getting shafted more and more with every release
>
> The division and split this time around comes such a spat of good and bad right?
> -good: initial trailer a return to old art design
> -bad: campaign showcase with lacklustre graphics
> -good: a tech preview that by most accounts was received very very well
> -bad: the news that key promised features will be missing at launch
>
> With 343i it always seems to be 2 steps forward one step back
>
> What makes this even all the more perplexing to me me is that halo now lies in such a state that people are practically begging for an unfinished product to be released
> 343i has done such a poor job of managing this franchise that people no longer expect great things from halo, they actually expect and are fine with getting the minimum possible for maximum money under the promise that its all coming soon *TM
>
> No one who wants the game delayed wants it delayed so you or anyone else have to wait, no one wants the game delayed to spite you and no one who wants it delayed is trying to be a “vocal minority” who is just screaming noise into the ether to get what they want
>
> what they are, and who they are is people who simply expect a finished complete polished product for their money, and for some reason that is being demonised on these forums…

Hoorah!
Well put! Seriously Im tired of all the name calling and insults that come at people trying to voice their genuine concerns.
It genuinely hurts me to criticize, Id rather go back to when I thought we were getting coop on launch and enjoying the amazing beta. But sometimes you’ve got to take a stand and not accept these compromises. Not only for halo but for all games. Im sick and tired of seeing unfinished games being sold. This is a toxic trend.