So much more fun than Halo 4.

Title says it all.
Agree

No, disagree.

Such slow-paced gameplay, you can’t score a kill without a power weapon, DMR, melee or grenade. Playing on Forged maps most of the time with the same Forge World backdrop and gray structures hurts my eyes and ruins my gameplay experience. All of the automatic’s aren’t even worth picking up even if one of your weapons is completely out of ammo.

Why yes. You have to be a little “touched” to believe other wise.

someone.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

> No, disagree.
>
> Such slow-paced gameplay, you can’t score a kill without a power weapon, DMR, melee or grenade. Playing on Forged maps most of the time with the same Forge World backdrop and gray structures hurts my eyes and ruins my gameplay experience. All of the automatic’s aren’t even worth picking up even if one of your weapons is completely out of ammo.

IDK… I’d rather play this ugly gray map than Halo 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TqYtpnJciIalso, automatics proved to be pretty potent in on this map. Going toe to toe with dmr. (Edit: I think I would enjoy Halo 4 more when the smaller maps get put into matchmaking. B.S. Angel tweeted that they should be added soon… but really. Reach maps were great, dispite their ugly grayness and broken/OP jetpacks. So I am pretty sure I will eventually like Halo 4 more than Reach, but I am still not feeling it.)

Halo 4 just feels like Fiesta Firefight had a baby with CoD.

Faster kill times work great with other shooters, however in Halo… it really shortens the skill gap. The best thing I could say is Jetpack got nerfed in Halo 4… so thats good.

Short Kill times almost garuntee victory to whoever shoots first. All stretagey concerns before and after engagements.

Longer kill times reward the player with consistant aim. This allows for more strategy durring engagements (rather than just before and after)

Of course. Loadouts and ordinances have ruined BTB in 4. That’s why I still play Reach.

> Of course. Loadouts and ordinances have ruined BTB in 4. That’s why I still play Reach.

Some people have taken a liking to it since BTB is the most popular playlist in 4

> Of course. Loadouts and ordinances have ruined BTB in 4. That’s why I still play Reach.

Oh… BTB in Halo 4 is just lols worthy. I found vehicles to be a problem to be in for both sides because everyone can run around with power weapons. 343 didn’t think that through now did they?

No doubt I would pick Halo Reach. I would be insane to think otherwise.

> > Of course. Loadouts and ordinances have ruined BTB in 4. That’s why I still play Reach.
>
> Oh… BTB in Halo 4 is just lols worthy. I found vehicles to be a problem to be in for both sides because everyone can run around with power weapons. 343 didn’t think that through now did they?
>
> No doubt I would pick Halo Reach. I would be insane to think otherwise.

You dont even need power weapons to destroy vehicles in halo 4. Since you can spawn with a DMR and a Plasma pistol along with plasma nades vehicles can be killed by anyone at any time in a matter of seconds

I like 4 better but still had a blast with Reach.

> > > Of course. Loadouts and ordinances have ruined BTB in 4. That’s why I still play Reach.
> >
> > Oh… BTB in Halo 4 is just lols worthy. I found vehicles to be a problem to be in for both sides because everyone can run around with power weapons. 343 didn’t think that through now did they?
> >
> > No doubt I would pick Halo Reach. I would be insane to think otherwise.
>
> You dont even need power weapons to destroy vehicles in halo 4. Since you can spawn with a DMR and a Plasma pistol along with plasma nades vehicles can be killed by anyone at any time in a matter of seconds

That’s my problem with 4: vehicles. I play Reach because I can not get from 4 what I really like about this franchise. When I started Reach, I noticed the warthog was weaker than 3, but I could adapt to Reach because it was still fun.
I cannot adapt to something I don’t enjoy, 343 has ruined the Warthog, and all vehicle gameplay. As a BTB player, I don’t feel integrated in H4. The whole game is ruined for me.

Yes. Reach is far superior to Halo 4.

Halo 4 is horribly paced and aims to make kills and respawns happen faster and faster with more powerful and faster weapons to satisfy the ADHD impulses of many online players. Opposed to Reach, which takes a slower paced approach taking into account strategy and teamwork.

> No, disagree.
>
> Such slow-paced gameplay, you can’t score a kill without a power weapon, DMR, melee or grenade. Playing on Forged maps most of the time with the same Forge World backdrop and gray structures hurts my eyes and ruins my gameplay experience. All of the automatic’s aren’t even worth picking up even if one of your weapons is completely out of ammo.

First, you just named almost all of the weapons available in Reach, excluding only the needler, the AR, and foul language as your choice of weapons.

Of course you’re going to want to swipe the AR for something with range if you’re playing BTB, but an AR can come in handy on smaller maps. Pick one up and you probably won’t need to melee as much.

And the grey structures hurt your eyes??? The STRUCTURES ruin your gameplay??? Are you sure you didn’t mean to say ego, not eyes? Opponents, instead of structures? When you say “gameplay”, do you really mean stats or K/D?

Just curious…

In the meantime, H4 matchmaking sucks! Reach (even with its flaws) is so much better.

Reach is fun.
But HAlO 4 is a way better game, just need some “calibrations”.

Multiplayer in Reach is better, but not campaign.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Played Call Of Duty: Halo for about two weeks before returning to Reach. Srry Cod-fans, Reach is better

I sure love Reach than Halo 4 because of the gametypes it has. I’m playing it now sad to see Arena has low population :frowning:

>

My sentiment exactly.

Triple Splatter! Triple Splatter!.. Triple Splatter! Yoink! yeah Reach is WAY better. And no, you don’t need power weapons for kills, use the DMR. Unlike H4 THIS DMR is perfectly balanced and capable for marksmen. The slower paced gameplay is more tactical, and the quietness is soothing.

I’ve recently been rampaging in Reach, and pulse punching like a maniac. I didn’t think I was that good but I won a FFA against a bunch of generals and stuff, with 17/25 of my kills being punches. 10 EMPs lol it’s like a shotgun… As far as I’ve seen I’m the only person in the game who does that. Of course, noob combo is pretty good too…

Halo: Reach is imo one of the best games ever, in terms of design anyway. It’s not max epic, it’s not perfect. But the MP is fun and the campaign is perfect in every way. Um, yeah that about sums it up.

Actually, I was just banned from H4 today for no apparent reason anyway… Yoink! Halo 4.

> No, disagree.
>
> Such slow-paced gameplay, you can’t score a kill without a power weapon, DMR, melee or grenade. Playing on Forged maps most of the time with the same Forge World backdrop and gray structures hurts my eyes and ruins my gameplay experience. All of the automatic’s aren’t even worth picking up even if one of your weapons is completely out of ammo.

No, disagree.

Halo 4 has gameplay that is much too fast, and you can score a kill in Reach with anything if you are good enough. Most Halo 4 maps are unbalanced and poorly designed. Many weapons in Halo 4 are highly overpowered, and to compensate for lack of set weapons spawns and weapon spawns in general, they make almost all weapon spawns power weapons, which just adds to the imbalance.

Halo 4 completely ignores some core rules of Halo gameplay by imbalancing teams, maps, weapons/vehicles, and by adding crap like instant respawn, custom loadouts, unfair advantages over other players, join in progress, awarding medals for everything, and making sprint a permanant feature.

I only play Reach for competition and good settings (MLG Playlist). When the H4 MLG playlist comes out I’m done with Reach but until then I play Reach (and occasionally H3).

My Reach disc actually has a crack in it. It still plays (although it does not load all the maps) and it won’t let me install it to my hard drive because of the crack. I’m thinking about renting a good copy of Reach for a night and installing it onto my hard drive then using my copy to activate it because if you have it installed onto your hard drive all it does it check to see if the game is in the disc tray.