So, Mechanist Bias sent MC to that planet?

I probably mispelled his name horrably, but Im hearing all of this stuff that MB sent John to that unknown planet?

[deleted]

Mendicant Bias didn’t help start the Human-Covenant war, at least not intentionally. What he did was explain to the Minister of Fortitude, the future Prophet of Truth, that the Reclaimer symbol actually meant “Reclaimer” and not “reclaiming”.

He explained that mankind was the inheritor of the Forerunner legacy, and the Minister of Fortitude was shocked and threatened by this truth. Thus he declared a holy war on mankind once he became a prophet, in order to hide the truth and send the Covenant on the Great Journey.

Mendicant Bias, the one who shaped the face of the universe for thousands of years.

Personally I think the whole universe would be a happier place in Mendicant Bias was never created lol.

> I probably mispelled his name horrably, but Im hearing all of this stuff that MB sent John to that unknown planet?

Mendicant Bias betrayed his masters, the Forerunners siding with the Flood and giving them information. Then he tried to make up for hsi sins by trying to help the Inheritor of the Forerunner legacy Master Chief, I think MB is purposely sending Chief and Cortana to the Forerunner planet to help eradicate the rest of the flood on the planet.

There is plenty of flood in other places. It has to be more than that. It seems that Mendicant thinks John is special. Mendicant has given direction to the Covenant. Told them how to make weapons that way the flood could be combated. He unintentionaly caused the human-covenant war.

And so here at the end of my life,
I do once again betray a former
master. The path ahead is fraught
with peril. But I will do all I can
to keep it stable - keep you safe.
I’m not so foolish to think this
will absolve me of my sins. One life
hardly balances billions.But I would have my masters know
that I have changed.And you shall be my example.
Behold Mendicant Bias!

I really do think that ol’ MB is going to have something to do with Halo 4’s campaign because he has really been an underlying force this entire time and where else would 343 take the story at this point? I think that MB will be involved as well as some forunners and almost definitely the flood.

How did you come up with Mechanist?

> Mendicant Bias didn’t help start the Human-Covenant war, at least not intentionally. What he did was explain to the Minister of Fortitude, the future Prophet of Truth, that the Reclaimer symbol actually meant “Reclaimer” and not “reclaiming”.
>
> He explained that mankind was the inheritor of the Forerunner legacy, and the Minister of Fortitude was shocked and threatened by this truth. Thus he declared a holy war on mankind once he became a prophet, in order to hide the truth and send the Covenant on the Great Journey.

Was this explained at all in any of the Halo games?

> > Mendicant Bias didn’t help start the Human-Covenant war, at least not intentionally. What he did was explain to the Minister of Fortitude, the future Prophet of Truth, that the Reclaimer symbol actually meant “Reclaimer” and not “reclaiming”.
> >
> > He explained that mankind was the inheritor of the Forerunner legacy, and the Minister of Fortitude was shocked and threatened by this truth. Thus he declared a holy war on mankind once he became a prophet, in order to hide the truth and send the Covenant on the Great Journey.
>
> Was this explained at all in any of the Halo games?

Well there was a little bit of stuff about Mendicant Bias in the terminals from Halo 3, this stuff could have been in Halo Wars, I wouldn’t know because I never got that game, but I know this can be found in the fiction.

Mendicant Bias’s last words to the the Chief through the terminals were…

“No, there is more…But you are not worthy…Not yet.”

Bias definitely has a role to play in Halo 4.

> Mendicant Bias’s last words to the the Chief through the terminals were…
>
> “No, there is more…But you are not worthy…Not yet.”
>
> Bias definitely has a role to play in Halo 4.

Get Marathon man, play the game on legendary and read that last terminal again, at that point you are “worthy” and you will have another message.

> > Mendicant Bias didn’t help start the Human-Covenant war, at least not intentionally. What he did was explain to the Minister of Fortitude, the future Prophet of Truth, that the Reclaimer symbol actually meant “Reclaimer” and not “reclaiming”.
> >
> > He explained that mankind was the inheritor of the Forerunner legacy, and the Minister of Fortitude was shocked and threatened by this truth. Thus he declared a holy war on mankind once he became a prophet, in order to hide the truth and send the Covenant on the Great Journey.
>
> Was this explained at all in any of the Halo games?

The book, Halo:Contact Harvest shows that MB was the ‘Oracle’ of High Charity,after recognising the humans as reclaimers he tried to use the Forerunner Dreadnaught to escape,and would have probably torn High Charity asunder if not for the timely intervention of Lekgolo worms in the Dreadnaughts system which disconnected Bias from the system.

o.o i see

> > > Mendicant Bias didn’t help start the Human-Covenant war, at least not intentionally. What he did was explain to the Minister of Fortitude, the future Prophet of Truth, that the Reclaimer symbol actually meant “Reclaimer” and not “reclaiming”.
> > >
> > > He explained that mankind was the inheritor of the Forerunner legacy, and the Minister of Fortitude was shocked and threatened by this truth. Thus he declared a holy war on mankind once he became a prophet, in order to hide the truth and send the Covenant on the Great Journey.
> >
> > Was this explained at all in any of the Halo games?
>
> The book, Halo:Contact Harvest shows that MB was the ‘Oracle’ of High Charity,after recognising the humans as reclaimers he tried to use the Forerunner Dreadnaught to escape,and would have probably torn High Charity asunder if not for the timely intervention of Lekgolo worms in the Dreadnaughts system which disconnected Bias from the system.

Correct.

And because of this I’m pretty sure that the Human-Covenant war wouldn’t have broken out or at least would have been ended quickly again if Mendicant Bias had succeeded in escaping High Charity.