So many over charged boltshot players -.-

Tonight I have faced more people using an overcharge boltshot than for the entirety of me playing halo 4 since november 6th!! Thats in one evening! I don’t know what diesease has struck the multiplayer community but overcharged boltshots shows nothing but cheap, “I can’t a kill any other way” play, it is silly what happened to BR and DMR action? All I am seeing is boltshot rage now…

Use Hologram and grenades when rounding corners. Watch boltshotter blow his load early, mop up the mess.

343 likes overpowered starting weapons, I thought everyone knew this already.

This is how I felt yesterday, I had to have been killed by the thing more times in the past few days than the whole time I’ve played Halo 4.

People need to counter it rather then repeating a process of death.

Also, its charged up shot needs to only take out Shield. It will still have problems though.

So many overcharged boltshot users…

and so many noobs running directly into them.

I don’t have a problem with the boltshot, I don’t even have it in one of my loadouts. Like someone else said, hologram works 100% of the time with people sitting around corners. I even had my first encounter with a whole team using PV yesterday. I actually had a lot of fun using hologram. The problem with the team PV spamming is they think they’re invinsable. All you need to do is get behind them and its game over. I like when people do things like this. It gives me opportunities to work on my counters.

> So many overcharged boltshot users…
>
> and so many noobs running directly into them.

I hardly run into them, the run towards me to get a cheap kill or flank me to get a cheap kill, seriously, I am half way through killing a guy then this dirty boltshot user comes out of the darkness and kills me with the overcharge what is the point!?

If they just changed the way it charges, it could be a lot more balanced. They need to make it more like the Spartan Laser, where you only have one chance to fire it. At the moment it’s more like the Railgun where you’ve got a small amount of time in which you can choose to fire it or not.

> > So many overcharged boltshot users…
> >
> > and so many noobs running directly into them.
>
> I hardly run into them, the run towards me to get a cheap kill or flank me to get a cheap kill, seriously, I am half way through killing a guy then this dirty boltshot user comes out of the darkness and kills me with the overcharge what is the point!?

If you were flanked in mid fight, you should have died anyway regardless of what weapon they were using.

I haven’t had a problem with the boltshot since I started using the thruster pack. As soon as I hear the sound of one a quick sidestep or jump and thrust in reverse almost always makes them miss. Like all weapons, there are a number of ways to counter the boltshot.

> If they just changed the way it charges, it could be a lot more balanced. They need to make it more like the Spartan Laser, where you only have one chance to fire it. At the moment it’s more like the Railgun where you’ve got a small amount of time in which you can choose to fire it or not.

This is the idea that makes the most sense to me. I hope it’s addressed in the upcoming balancing tweaks title update