So, Jet Pack is still in.

It appears that our preconceived notions of Thruster Pack being the alternative to the Jet Pack was wrong. Jet Pack is returning…

But has it changed? We haven’t seen it used at all, which I find mysterious. Perhaps they didn’t showcase it at E3 because it’s undergoing an overhaul?

It has been shown in use in one of the Spartan Ops previews. You see the Spartan flying up. You also see the Thruster AA and Hardshield.

1. its not jetpack, its jump pack/booster pack
  2. its not a “let me go fly over here really quick”, its more of a jet-poweed way to careen away from somthing.

> 1) its not jetpack, its jump pack/booster pack
> 2) its not a “let me go fly over here really quick”, its more of a jet-poweed way to careen away from somthing.

Proof?

> It has been shown in use in the Spartan OPs trailer. You see the Spartan flying up. You also see the Thruster AA and Hardshield.

I saw that, but it didn’t really show TOO much. We do see, however, that the propulsion isn’t a super-short boost like I’d hoped.

Until a see footage of a prolonged and directed hover, I still believe the Thruster Pack simply gives you a boost whether it be in mid air or on the ground in a chosen direction.

> > 1) its not jetpack, its jump pack/booster pack
> > 2) its not a “let me go fly over here really quick”, its more of a jet-poweed way to careen away from somthing.
>
> Proof?
>
>
>
> > It has been shown in use in the Spartan OPs trailer. You see the Spartan flying up. You also see the Thruster AA and Hardshield.
>
> I saw that, but it didn’t really show TOO much. We do see, however, that the propulsion isn’t a super-short boost like I’d hoped.

There is a topic with five offscreen videos of multiplayer from E3. On one of those, you see the jetpack used in first person. It gives the player a boost forward like evade.

Here’s the topic

It’s in one of those videos.

Hmm, I thought Jet-Pack had been replaced by Thrusters, oh well.

> > > 1) its not jetpack, its jump pack/booster pack
> > > 2) its not a “let me go fly over here really quick”, its more of a jet-poweed way to careen away from somthing.
> >
> > Proof?
> >
> >
> >
> > > It has been shown in use in the Spartan OPs trailer. You see the Spartan flying up. You also see the Thruster AA and Hardshield.
> >
> > I saw that, but it didn’t really show TOO much. We do see, however, that the propulsion isn’t a super-short boost like I’d hoped.
>
> There is a topic with five offscreen videos of multiplayer from E3. On one of those, you see the jetpack used in first person. It gives the player a boost forward like evade. (I’ll edit this in a minute when I get the link)

I already saw that, and if you look at his loadouts, it was the Thruster Pack.

So they have a Thruster Pack and the Jetpack?

Here is the thruster pack. You can see the guy boost away in the background.

> So they have a Thruster Pack and the Jetpack?

Yes. :frowning:

> Here is the thruster pack. You can see the guy boost away in the background.

What I find VERY odd is how I’ve seen the Thruster Pack shoot off orange and blue sparks in different videos.

> > Here is the thruster pack. You can see the guy boost away in the background.
>
> What I find VERY odd is how I’ve seen the Thruster Pack shoot off orange and blue sparks in different videos.

I believe that the pack with blue flames is jet pack ,etc you want to call it…

> > > Here is the thruster pack. You can see the guy boost away in the background.
> >
> > What I find VERY odd is how I’ve seen the Thruster Pack shoot off orange and blue sparks in different videos.
>
> I believe that the pack with blue flames is jet pack ,etc you want to call it…

You would be correct. Start at 12.

Maybe the jet pack can’t be used in multiplayer and only in spartan ops/ campaign? idk

> > > > Here is the thruster pack. You can see the guy boost away in the background.
> > >
> > > What I find VERY odd is how I’ve seen the Thruster Pack shoot off orange and blue sparks in different videos.
> >
> > I believe that the pack with blue flames is jet pack ,etc you want to call it…
>
> You would be correct. Start at 12.

It’s VERY blue right here in this video.