So. Is it Mark VI or Mark VII?

I hope we can get this cleared up once and for all, as things are just getting mixed up from different sources.

I was pretty sure that 343i confirmed that the Cheif’s armour was the Mark VI with a different art style, so it would still be the old Mark VI as seen in Halo 2 and 3 at heart.

Now in other sources including the new Halo 4 Mega Bloks product “Warthog Resistance” it says that “Included are 2 brand new modeled spartans wearing Mark VII armour to resemble the Master Cheif” or words to that effect.

So, can we get a final confirmation as to whether the armour the cheif is CURRENTLY wearing in all images of him is Mark VI or Mark VII, regardless of whether it changes in campaign.

ps. aren’t the Spartan IV’s wearing Gen 2. Mojnir instead of a varient of a mark VII now?

MC still wears his Mark VI suit, which gained a new HUD via firmware updates by Cortana and a new artistic touch by 343.

Things change people. Artist do that as graphics improve. More-so if a new company is making it (which it is).

Look at the change Elites went through from H1/2 to 3 and then Reach.

Nanobots.

Again, they canonically explain a minor HUD adjustment but when you ask about the armour, theyre all like “deal w/ it.”

Im not buying it.

> Nanobots.

So the nanobots can completely redesign his armor…but that gash on his right pec is just way too much for them to handle?

Complete -Yoink-.

As much as I know it were nanobots that redesigned his armor. Master Chief did not change it. So it is certainly still the Mark VI. There was a drastic change. Strange though that the scratches on his right chest are still there, even after refitting the armor.

No idea about the Spartan IVs. I also wondered whether they wear Mark VII or something else now.

> Again, they canonically explain a minor HUD adjustment but when you ask about the armour, theyre all like “deal w/ it.”
>
> Im not buying it.

Games do this a lot as the artistic skills of devs improve. They add more details, they give skins sharper textures, they sometimes give it a reimagined look, which is what we have here with the Chief.

Is it really that much to accept?

Yeah, they changed the Chief’s armor for improvement. The armor is extremely different from before, though. I think 343i wants the players to get prepared for a new trilogy – therefore they gave John a new armor. Halo 4 doesn’t continue the old trilogy; it opens a new one.