So is it called Halo 5?

So it Halo 5? I’ve heard mixed things. Some people say its Halo but with an unannounced definite title. I know I’ve seen a trailer similar to the one at E3 with Halo 5 at the end of it, but I was told it was redacted because its not Halo 5.

So…assuming these are true…if its not Halo 5… what is it?

The question we should be asking is why it would not be titled Halo 5…

Well, I don’t see a reason as to why they wouldn’t call it Halo 5 when all of its predecessors went in sequential order from 1 to 4. It’s logical for 343 to go with the simple solution of just calling it Halo 5.

Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING

Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.

Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.

Neither 343i nor Microsoft have confirmed the title for the next Halo game that will be released on the Xbox One in 2014 and feature Master Chief, 60fps, and dedicated servers. The current working title is Halo Xbox One. Call this game Halo 5 at your own risk of being wrong when the official title is announced sometime next year.

It’s fishy that we’re able to pre-order it, and it’s called “HALO” which is s title free to use seeing as how it never has been yet…

> Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING
>
> Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.
>
>
>
>
>
> Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.

We also know that is has dedicated servers, 60 fps, and is starring the <mark>Master Chief</mark>. The fact that it is about John-117 points to it being Halo 5 and not a spin-off.

If it isn’t Halo 5, then my money’s on Halo 2 Anniversary.

> Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING
>
> Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.
>
>
>
>
>
> Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.

Has that edited trailer showcasing the title as ‘Halo 5’ from Axis studios been proven false?

> > Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING
> >
> > Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.
>
> Has that edited trailer showcasing the title as ‘Halo 5’ from Axis studios been proven false?

It hasn’t been proven false, but it’s not confirmed true either. For all we know, that trailer could have been an earlier build that was scrapped due to the potential decision to make a different game.

We can infer, but we can’t be sure.

> > > Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING
> > >
> > > Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.
> >
> > Has that edited trailer showcasing the title as ‘Halo 5’ from Axis studios been proven false?
>
> It hasn’t been proven false, but it’s not confirmed true either. For all we know, that trailer could have been an earlier build that was scrapped due to the potential decision to make a different game.
>
> We can infer, but we can’t be sure.

Typically whenever these rumors pop up, they gain a lot of attention. To where Frankie will disprove it on GAF. To my knoledge, he has not. But when the rumors about Halo 5 being a upscaled Halo 4 with volumetric lighting and fully open world, he quickly went up to disprove it. But there has been no mention of the Axis trailer. Not even the usual ‘take it with a grain of salt’ speech.

343 Industries during the live stream on 343 Day (December 9th, 2013) showed prizes that could be awarded to fans sharing and tagging the live stream, #343 Industries on twitter. During the showing of the prizes Bravos partner (can’t remember his name) actually word slipped Halo 5 whether this was by coincidence or accident is yet to be decided?

> 343 Industries during the live stream on 343 Day (December 9th, 2013) showed prizes that could be awarded to fans sharing and tagging the live stream, #343 Industries on twitter. During the showing of the prizes Bravos partner (can’t remember his name<mark>) actually word slipped Halo 5</mark> whether this was by coincidence or accident is yet to be decided?

Didn’t catch that one.

Halo Xbox One is technically Halo 5. However, 343 doesn’t want to continue adding a number to its title and instead want to due a subtitle, similar to how Halo 1 is officially, “Halo: Combat Evolved”.

Halo Xbox One is a placeholder title until 343i finalizes the name. Until then, everyone in the forums are basically writing it as Halo 5 since it’s faster to type that out.

> Halo Xbox One is technically Halo 5. However, 343 doesn’t want to continue adding a number to its title and instead want to due a subtitle, similar to how Halo 1 is officially, “Halo: Combat Evolved”.
>
> Halo Xbox One is a placeholder title until 343i finalizes the name. Until then, everyone in the forums are basically writing it as Halo 5 since it’s faster to type that out.

That and most think it truly is 5.

It won’t be called Halo 5, cause while it is a sequel it isn’t a… big jump. Halo xbox one doesn’t have alot of time to be developed. I’m not really expecting a graphics change from 4. Just a new campaign with an updated online multiplayer with a new mode added, probably firefight. I don’t think spartan Ops will return at least not at launch cause of time issues. I could be wrong but after reading an article 343i wrote they made it seem this way. At least they are thinking about not calling it Halo 5 cause if they didn’t it would already be confirmed as Halo 5.

> It won’t be called Halo 5, cause while it is a sequel it isn’t a… big jump. Halo xbox one doesn’t have alot of time to be developed.

You do realize that Halo Xbox One has been in development since BEFORE Halo 4 launched? Not only that, but it’s also being developed by a team of around 100 people. 2 and a half years is plenty of time for that.

> I’m not really expecting a graphics change from 4. Just a new campaign with an updated online multiplayer with a new mode added, probably firefight.

If you’re not expecting a graphics change from Halo 4, then you will sure as hell be disappointed. Part of the reason on why they called it “Halo Xbox One” was to establish the fact that is is showcasing the Xbox One’s capabilities in the form of Halo.

> I don’t think spartan Ops will return at least not at launch cause of time issues. I could be wrong but after reading an article 343i wrote they made it seem this way.

I wouldn’t doubt the lack of SpOps Season 2, but given that it’s a good concept, 343i could be out to improve it and make it better than anything that Firefight could have dreamed to offer.

> At least they are thinking about not calling it Halo 5 cause if they didn’t it would already be confirmed as Halo 5.

The thing is here, they’re not doing that. It may not be confirmed as Halo 5 at the moment, but there’s certainly enough evidence, and several ‘accidental releases’ that imply that Halo Xbox One is, in fact, Halo 5.

EDIT: I just remembered there was a trailer that showed the Halo 5 logo at the end of it. Its the exact same as the teaser trailer just with an added ‘5’ at the end of it.

> > It won’t be called Halo 5, cause while it is a sequel it isn’t a… big jump. Halo xbox one doesn’t have alot of time to be developed.
>
> You do realize that Halo Xbox One has been in development since BEFORE Halo 4 launched? Not only that, but it’s also being developed by a team of around 100 people. 2 and a half years is plenty of time for that.
>
>
>
> > I’m not really expecting a graphics change from 4. Just a new campaign with an updated online multiplayer with a new mode added, probably firefight.
>
> If you’re not expecting a graphics change from Halo 4, then you will sure as hell be disappointed. Part of the reason on why they called it “Halo Xbox One” was to establish the fact that is is showcasing the Xbox One’s capabilities in the form of Halo.
>
>
>
> > I don’t think spartan Ops will return at least not at launch cause of time issues. I could be wrong but after reading an article 343i wrote they made it seem this way.
>
> I wouldn’t doubt the lack of SpOps Season 2, but given that it’s a good concept, 343i could be out to improve it and make it better than anything that Firefight could have dreamed to offer.
>
>
>
> > At least they are thinking about not calling it Halo 5 cause if they didn’t it would already be confirmed as Halo 5.
>
> The thing is here, they’re not doing that. It may not be confirmed as Halo 5 at the moment, but there’s certainly enough evidence, and several ‘accidental releases’ that imply that Halo Xbox One is, in fact, Halo 5.

All perfect points Andycu5. I am 90% sure it’s going to be called 5, my other 10% is due to it being able to be pre-ordered right now and it’s current title on there.

Its Halo 5.

> > Here’s what we know about Halo 5: NOTHING
> >
> > Here’s what we know about Halo Xbox One: It’s Halo, it’s on the Xbox One, and the title as we know is Halo Xbox One.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Needless to say, we don’t know what the game is actually going to be titled, but for now it’s Halo Xbox One.
>
> We also know that is has dedicated servers, 60 fps, and is starring the <mark>Master Chief</mark>. The fact that it is about John-117 points to it being Halo 5 and not a spin-off.
>
> If it isn’t Halo 5, then my money’s on Halo 2 Anniversary.

I don’t remember an AI Promethean-like dragon or a battered Master Chief holding an empty Cortana chip in Halo 2. It’s Halo 5. Alright, it might not be called Halo 5 and they might go for something unique for marketing purposes, but it’s a sequel to Halo 4.