So is Grifball going to be ignored forever?

So the Grifball playlist has been pretty much untouched since it came out aside from a bomb score animation.

The gametypes are horrible and rediculously outdated, the grifball leagues haven’t used those gametypes for months and yet matchmaking still uses the same crap that was thrown together last minute when the playlist came out.

The maps need serious updating, Sarge’s Lab is just awful, the lighting ruins the map and it is just plain boring in general. Hangar 101 is broken because the ball reset when it touches the ceiling, the other maps are “ok” but the grifball community has made several more that are far better than what is in matchmaking now.

Does 343i have ANY plans to update the playlist? or is the community set to suffer for months longer? This is probably the easiest playlist to fix because everything is already done by the grifball leagues.

Cmon

Also the Custom Game options are bugged.

Its impossible to remove the “Kill/Protect” waypoint above the ball carrier even if you turn it off in the Options.

I thought they were going to remove griffball in the next update

> I thought they were going to remove griffball in the next update

No…? They have never said that.

> I thought they were going to remove griffball in the next update

Yea I wouldn’t count on it lol

> Also the Custom Game options are bugged.
>
> Its impossible to remove the “Kill/Protect” waypoint above the ball carrier even if you turn it off in the Options.

I haven’t played around with those kinds of setting but Custom Games in general have plenty of issues so I’ll take your word on it.

> > Also the Custom Game options are bugged.
> >
> > Its impossible to remove the “Kill/Protect” waypoint above the ball carrier even if you turn it off in the Options.
>
> I haven’t played around with those kinds of setting but Custom Games in general have plenty of issues so I’ll take your word on it.

I tried making a gametype I made in H3 called “Ghost Ball” where the carrier is in Good Camo. Except its kinda pointless with the waypoint on him at all times.

I’d message bsangel about it. If she’s willing to create multiple accounts for Grifball, I’m sure she’ll spread word around to get those new gametypes and maps in the playlist.

I’d also make links to the gametypes/maps or Grifball hub if these are all up there. Either way it shouldn’t be too big of a task for 343 to do. I think they might just be letting playlists like Grifball, Flood, etc. slide along with their old settings b/c they’re working on something else.

> > > Also the Custom Game options are bugged.
> > >
> > > Its impossible to remove the “Kill/Protect” waypoint above the ball carrier even if you turn it off in the Options.
> >
> > I haven’t played around with those kinds of setting but Custom Games in general have plenty of issues so I’ll take your word on it.
>
> I tried making a gametype I made in H3 called “Ghost Ball” where the carrier is in Good Camo. Except its kinda pointless with the waypoint on him at all times.

lol yea that would just about ruin it.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but we’re lucky to even have a dedicated Grifball gametype(even if the custom options are kinda janked up).

> I’d message bsangel about it. If she’s willing to create multiple accounts for Grifball, I’m sure she’ll spread word around to get those new gametypes and maps in the playlist.
>
> I’d also make links to the gametypes/maps or Grifball hub if these are all up there. Either way it shouldn’t be too big of a task for 343 to do. I think they might just be letting playlists like Grifball, Flood, etc. slide along with their old settings b/c they’re working on something else.

I have talked with GrifballHub and they have told me they sent in the gametypes their league uses to this day months ago, this is why I’m concerned, the community has done all the work for them, yet months later, the playlist is still severely outdated.

Grifball Feedback

> Grifball Feedback

Why do you keep posting these links when we’re discussing why 343 isn’t paying attention to those threads?

The Grifball playlist in Matchmaking is completely separate from the Grifball leagues, it has been like this since Halo 3.

There are multiple leagues out there which also use different settings, trying to fit them all in one playlist, especially when some of them feature an infinite timer for rounds which encourages spawn killing.

The maps in Grifball were usually the only element that ever got updated in previous games, I don’t see why this should change unless some new Grifball gametypes come around like the one in Halo: Reach with the Gold Ball.

> > Grifball Feedback
>
> Why do you keep posting these links when we’re discussing why 343 isn’t paying attention to those threads?

He’s gotcha there.

> > Grifball Feedback
>
> Why do you keep posting these links when we’re discussing why 343 isn’t paying attention to those threads?

Experience shows that they do pay attention to their feedback threads.

Complaining for the sake of complaining makes no sense.

Lags worse than any previous version…
And it seems you can block hammer and sword hits, while you can kill the enemy at the same time…
No wonder no one plays it…

> > > Grifball Feedback
> >
> > Why do you keep posting these links when we’re discussing why 343 isn’t paying attention to those threads?
>
> Experience shows that they do pay attention to their feedback threads.
>
> Complaining for the sake of complaining makes no sense.

They pay attention to those threads?

So, when’s the Flood update coming out?

Sometimes people don’t want to post in a Feedback thread, They don’t want to give feedback/tell a 343 MM guy. They want to have an open discussion with fellow forum members, Why don’t people understand that

Its fine as it is. 343 has other stuffs to worry about then griffball maps.

About the maps, I don’t see how a large box with spawns on two sides and a ball in the middle could be made better…