So I'm gonna get The Fall of Reach

My GF is getting it for me for my birthday, and I wanna know what do you think about it?

I’ve never read a Halo novel before but I know a ton about the story. I’ve spent countless hours on Halopedia reading about everything and anything in the Halo Universe. I’ve played every Halo game except for Halo 2 which I’ve been filling the gap with hours of Halopedia til I get it. So I’m no newbie to the Halo Universe. I have been in love with Halo since early 2008. And since some of TFoR has been retconned I think I will be using this to fill in some problems.

I just wanna know what should I except?

> I just wanna know what should I except?

Expect awesomeness, and epicness. :smiley:

> > I just wanna know what should I except?
>
> Expect awesomeness, and epicness. :smiley:

:smiley:

Anyone else?

I honestly found everything but the actual battle interesting. Take that as you will.

prepare … to break your reach disc… you have been warned

> prepare … to break your reach disc… you have been warned

I’m not worried about contradictions. I got logic.

As long as you don’t try to constantly compare it to previous games and just appreciate a unique FPS experience then you should have fun. Less skilled player can be more dangerous in this game so it gives it an easy learning curve for newbies.

Personally, I like Reach.

> As long as you don’t try to constantly compare it to previous games and just appreciate a unique FPS experience then you should have fun. Less skilled player can be more dangerous in this game so it gives it an easy learning curve for newbies.
>
> Personally, I like Reach.

Were talking about the book not the game.

I got the book a few weeks ago. And trust me, its amazing :slight_smile:

It’s a good read but the actual Battle of Reach doesn’t happen until the last few chapters, and in my opionion, the battle wasn’t that interesting.

Definitely a must read. Really reminded me of Ender’s Game which is my favorite novel. Though I do feel you should pick up a copy of halo 2 from Best Buy for like 10 bucks if you want the whole halo experience. It will play on your 360.

> Definitely a must read. Really reminded me of Ender’s Game which is my favorite novel. Though I do feel you should pick up a copy of halo 2 from Best Buy for like 10 bucks if you want the whole halo experience. It will play on your 360.

I would prefer Halo 2 PC for 1. Better Graphics, (the Xbox version has the texture glitches), and 2. It has Achievements which count towards your Xbox Live Gamerscore. You can also still play Multiplayer if you desire to do so.

As for the Novels, I would recommend all of them. I’m seriously excited for Glasslands and Primordium.

The Fall of Reach was a good book because it gave a lot of history on the Spartan II program but I liked First Strike better because it talked about the actial battle of Reach