So, I'm a 130 Now

Something strange happened. I became a 130 a few days ago. Gone are the after-game points total count, gone is the motivation to complete challenges and even to get commendations for weapons, gametypes, player stats. All I have left now is Halo and you know what? I like it.

I was using light rifle for the longest time after mastering the dmr and br. I was not enjoying the weapon very much but I wanted to get the completion and the points. Now I’ve gone back to the weapons and other loadout options I want to use instead of picking ones I haven’t mastered and I must say I am enjoying Halo more because of it.

I guess my point is that even after reaching the end there is still enjoyment to be had in this game.

You’re a 130?
Join the club, we (don’t) have jackets (yet).

I derped myself at the moment, hahahahaha.

I actually did read your post, but I wasn’t putting attention on the last part, I’m kinda sleepy.

EDIT: Yes, I edited my mistake. Derp.

I’ve been there for a couple weeks and it really doesn’t bother me that I don’t get exp anymore. I never cared for exp systems that unlock things like shinny armor so we can play spartan dress up. I’d prefer ranks that mean more than time played. My dog could reach SR130 given enough time.

> 1. Go for commendations.
> 2. Stay for the lulz and have fun.
> 3. Go to another game. No one says you have to stay here.
>
> It’s your free choice. :wink:

A prime example of someone that didn’t read past the subject.

You my friend, have seen the light! Like me, I love halo 4 yet, and people ask me why do you play that are even after you hit 130? I just told them um, because its a fun game? Wat do you expect me to do? Quit, then go complain on the halo waypoint forums?

I’m glad I’m not alone man, and if you ever want in on some weekly custom games I hold every weekend, hit me up on Xbox live. My gamertag is my halo waypoint username!

Let me make one thing clear, I’m not bragging I made it to 130. A ranking system like this doesn’t reward skill it rewards time spent. I’m just saying that now that the motivation to get commendations for points and points for rank is gone I feel a bit free, free to just enjoy the gameplay the way I want to play it.

> 1. Go for commendations.
> 2. Stay for the lulz and have fun.
> <mark>3. Go to another game. No one says you have to stay here.</mark>
>
> It’s your free choice. :wink:

I think the idea the OP is trying to get across is that he actually enjoy Halo 4, not wanting to go to another game.

> You my friend, have seen the light! Like me, I love halo 4 yet, and people ask me why do you play that are even after you hit 130? I just told them um, because its a fun game? Wat do you expect me to do? Quit, then go complain on the halo waypoint forums?
>
> I’m glad I’m not alone man, and if you ever want in on some weekly custom games I hold every weekend, hit me up on Xbox live. My gamertag is my halo waypoint username!

I might take you up on that. Thanks.

> I’ve been there for a couple weeks and it really doesn’t bother me that I don’t get exp anymore. I never cared for exp systems that unlock things like shinny armor so we can play spartan dress up. I’d prefer ranks that mean more than time played. My dog could reach SR130 given enough time.
>
>
>
> > 1. Go for commendations.
> > 2. Stay for the lulz and have fun.
> > 3. Go to another game. No one says you have to stay here.
> >
> > It’s your free choice. :wink:
>
> <mark>A prime example of someone that didn’t read past the subject.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> LOL exactly.
> People on halo waypoint NOW just assume that no one enjoys halo 4.

> Something strange happened. I became a 130 a few days ago. Gone are the after-game points total count, gone is the motivation to complete challenges and even to get commendations for weapons, gametypes, player stats. All I have left now is Halo and you know what? I like it.
>
> I was using light rifle for the longest time after mastering the dmr and br. I was not enjoying the weapon very much but I wanted to get the completion and the points. Now I’ve gone back to the weapons and other loadout options I want to use instead of picking ones I haven’t mastered and I must say I am enjoying Halo more because of it.
>
> I guess my point is that even after reaching the end there is still enjoyment to be had in this game.

I’m glad you can find enjoyment in this game after reaching 130, although it may be a different story for me. I respect people who have a different view on Halo 4 and hope no one blindly bashes you for it.

@Enaemaehkiw Now isn’t that just another assumption? There are many people I know who enjoy Halo 4 but they aren’t very vocal about it nor do they go on Halo Waypoint.

I agree. This forum is so negative that when someone posts something positive people either do not realize it or take it as sarcasm.

Us 130’s sit at the cool kids table at lunch. We are very active in community service too.

We ride together, we die together… 130’s for life.

> Us 130’s sit at the cool kids table at lunch. We are very active in community service too.
>
> We ride together, we die together… 130’s for life.

What else are we gonna be?

Yep, been 130 since November, but the best thing for you to do is to just enjoy the game and maybe work on commendations that will unlock new armor.

Go for achievements, go for all of the Waypoint classified codes.

> > I’ve been there for a couple weeks and it really doesn’t bother me that I don’t get exp anymore. I never cared for exp systems that unlock things like shinny armor so we can play spartan dress up. I’d prefer ranks that mean more than time played. My dog could reach SR130 given enough time.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 1. Go for commendations.
> > > 2. Stay for the lulz and have fun.
> > > 3. Go to another game. No one says you have to stay here.
> > >
> > > It’s your free choice. :wink:
> >
> > <mark>A prime example of someone that didn’t read past the subject.
[/quote]
</mark>
> >
> > LOL exactly.
> > People on halo waypoint NOW just assume that no one enjoys halo 4.
>
> That and they’re so eager to take their shot that they don’t bother to READ.

I’m 130 now too, and I’m still playing the game. Mostly because it’s fun, but also for the Commendations. I mostly just want to unlock all the stances.

Been 130 for awhile… tried going for the commendations… got bored and realized there was other games, I missed out on… played through a few already… working on Tomb Raider right now… sooner or later, be picking up Gears J.

I’ve been 130 for months and still me and my fiancé along with other friends still play a bit every night…sometimes I focus on comidations sometimes I just play to play…so unless u are really picky or really competitive there are many aspects of this game to be enjoyed after 130.

130 reporting in! I’ve been playing this game since it’s release. It’s just a blast and especially with friends.
I don’t believe that the game should be discarded once a number has been reached, if fun is exerted from it, then keep with it, so I agree with you, OP!

I’ve been 130 for months and still me and my fiancé along with other friends still play a bit every night…sometimes I focus on comidations sometimes I just play to play…so unless u are really picky or really competitive there are many aspects of this game to be enjoyed after 130.