So if Spartan IVs are in the campaign....

Does this mean we might get friendly AI that doesn’t suck?

Or does it mean S-4s are going to be what the 3 other players play as in 4 player co-op? That would be cool except for the parts that take place early in the game before the chief meets with the S4. (like the E3 demo)

Or both?

Or neither?

Hmm I wonder…

I’d rather the AI just not suck in general. Spartan IV’s just need to be even better.

The AI will only be as good as 343i can make them, them being Spartan IVs or not won’t change that.

As for the co-op characters, it was confirmed that we would be seeing multiple chiefs again just like Halo CE & 2.

> As for the co-op characters, it was confirmed that we would be seeing multiple chiefs again just like Halo CE & 2.

This is the case.

> > As for the co-op characters, it was confirmed that we would be seeing multiple chiefs again just like Halo CE & 2.
>
> This is the case.

I’m okay with that. Is it confirmed to be 4 player co op or just 2?

> > > As for the co-op characters, it was confirmed that we would be seeing multiple chiefs again just like Halo CE & 2.
> >
> > This is the case.
>
> I’m okay with that. Is it confirmed to be 4 player co op or just 2?

It’s confirmed 4-player.

Yay. 4 master chiefs should be fun.

or you could compare it to Reach where you have spartans as allies…just less often. Whether or not we get duplicates of Kat or characters that lob grenades like elite allies in H3, or take forever to get in the vehicle, or can be used as effective bullet sponges is completely up to 343i.

reads The Little Moa’s comment

Well, that’s a bit dissapointing, but who else would we play as without infringing the plot further? Plus me and my friends can have our halo CE/2-esk “THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE” battles again :3

actually, this isn’t a bad Idea for campaign. Make the 1st player play as The chief, and everyone else who joins play as their own custom Spartan IV. It might make some the 1st player feel a bit left out, but I like it better than there being 4 chiefs.

I don’t mind that we’ll all play as Chief clones, but I’ve always wanted a skull that allowed you to use your matchmaking Spartan in campaign (at least back in the H3 days, considering we got just that in Reach). It would be very cool to say the least.

However, I guess that’s what Spartan Ops is for. :slight_smile:

As long as they aren’t the equivalent of an AI Arbiter, which is useless. I’d rather have Spartan 3 AI than Arbiter. I don’t recall Arbiter ever being useful.

> As long as they aren’t the equivalent of an AI Arbiter, which is useless. I’d rather have Spartan 3 AI than Arbiter. I don’t recall Arbiter ever being useful.

Meh, I don’t recall an armor lock per second to be useful either :confused:

At least arbiter attempted to shoot. Even if he rarely hit anything.