So if Requiem is destroyed...

…Then where will Season 2 of SpOps take place if there is one? Honestly, Earth and maybe Installation 03 would be all I can think of. Any thoughts?

Probably new places we have never been to before.

Installation 07. Enough said.

Perhaps it won’t take place exclusively at one location? I’m kinda hoping that we get to jump around the galaxy a bit.

> Perhaps it won’t take place exclusively at one location? I’m kinda hoping that we get to jump around the galaxy a bit.

I agree with you, with all this Next-Gen hardware coming to the new consoles, it’d be a bit underwhelming to have just one location, when there are new possibilities.

We’ll have to see, but I don’t doubt next technology will play a vital role in the size and scope of future Halo games.

> > Perhaps it won’t take place exclusively at one location? I’m kinda hoping that we get to jump around the galaxy a bit.
>
> I agree with you, with all this Next-Gen hardware coming to the new consoles, it’d be a bit underwhelming to have just one location, when there are new possibilities.
>
> We’ll have to see, but I don’t doubt next technology will play a vital role in the size and scope of future Halo games.

If there is a season 2 of Spartan Ops, it won’t be on the new consoles.

07 would be cool, but doubtful that would happen.

I think that 07 would be reserved for the Chief but you never know.

I like the “jumping around” theory.

It’d be cool if we actually visited a “natural” Forerunner planet for once. Just a Forerunner “civilian” planet that is partially ruined from the Flood war and the Covenant is investigating it.

It’s too early to visit any of the Halo installations. First the story-arc involving the Janus key, Catherine Halsey, and the Covenant remnant must be resolves. Instead I’d like it if we visited Covenant homeworlds in future seasons of Spartan Ops. Perhaps have levels set on worlds like Sanghelios, Balaho, and Eayn.

> …Then where will Season 2 of SpOps take place if there is one? Honestly, Earth and maybe Installation 03 would be all I can think of. Any thoughts?

Installation 04 could be a possibility. I do hope we get to be on all installations by the end of halo (if ever.)

> > …Then where will Season 2 of SpOps take place if there is one? Honestly, Earth and maybe Installation 03 would be all I can think of. Any thoughts?
>
> Installation 04 could be a possibility. I do hope we get to be on all installations by the end of halo (if ever.)

lolwut

To the absolute record?

Hopefully many places. And varied. Maybe we could begin the season by defending a colony from the Storm Covenant, then to strike at the Storm’s headquarters and then we could move on to wherever the Absolute record is and get our Key together. I really hope it won’t be one planet again. Spartan Ops has great potential and I hope they utilize it in season 2 where they didn’t in season 1- the repeated maps, of course.

I’m not asking for 50 unique maps, on the contrary, maps SHOULD be repeated. But they should be repeated in one episode. When a new week begins and all I get from Spartan Ops is more of the same, it’s disappointing. So instead of playing on 5 different maps every episode, I’d much rather repeat maps in-episode and get new ones every week. Honestly it just ups the quality anyway since it motivates the writers to give a better story to the missions (look at episodes 3, 7 and 10).

The cut-scenes have always been awesome but the missions lack big time, and taking us to many and varied locations that are directly connected to the cut-scenes and the story, such as a Halo (which would be so fantastic and nostalgic and awesome!) would definitely improve on it.

> > > Perhaps it won’t take place exclusively at one location? I’m kinda hoping that we get to jump around the galaxy a bit.
> >
> > I agree with you, with all this Next-Gen hardware coming to the new consoles, it’d be a bit underwhelming to have just one location, when there are new possibilities.
> >
> > We’ll have to see, but I don’t doubt next technology will play a vital role in the size and scope of future Halo games.
>
> If there is a season 2 of Spartan Ops, it won’t be <mark>just</mark> on the new consoles.

Fixed that for you. 343i may want to release a GOTY version fitted for the new XBOX with season 2 included or something. You never know…

> > …Then where will Season 2 of SpOps take place if there is one? Honestly, Earth and maybe Installation 03 would be all I can think of. Any thoughts?
>
> Installation 04 could be a possibility. I do hope we get to be on all installations by the end of halo (if ever.)

It exploded.
Twice.

[deleted]

Quite literally anywhere else. There are remains of the Ark which have been mentioned as somewhat stable, there are 6 remaining Halo rings, two of which have a human presence, there are more shield worlds, line installations and other Forerunner locations. That’s not even mentioning planets with a history of Covenant control or human planets.

I’d rather have us visiting more Human and Covie planets with different atmospheres, gravity, turbulent weather, maybe even an underwater mission, infiltrate Covie ships,. etc…just like Mass Effect 2; along with the occasional Forerunner planets and structures.

Somebody mentioned the absolute record, like seriously did nobody think of that? I personally think along with that we may visit wherever humanity’s half of the Janus key is being held to defend it.