So if FERO was an ONI Agent all along...

Then why did she murder those two other ONI agents in Ben’s apartment?

Because ONI’ Section Three ordered her to do that. ONI is able to sacrifice their own operatives “in the name of the betterment of humanity”

> “Is ONI one happy family? Oh, please. We’ve got four divisions, officially, and only one of them knows that we’ve actually got more than that. There’s Section Two—made up of psyops and PR, who each kid themselves they’re not like the other at all—which tells the lies; Section Zero, which thinks it spies on everyone else, tells lies to Section Two, and thinks it tells lies to Sections One and Three; Section One does stuff we can almost talk about, the interface with other branches; and Section Three does the stuff we can’t talk about or else it would have to kill everyone in fascinating and groundbreaking new ways. Technically, you’re not a numbered section at all. You’re the praetorian guard for CINCONI, in a way, and we just call CINCONI’s staff Core Four, although it’s actually in Core Five of Bravo-6, and DCS reports directly to it. You’ll note I didn’t mention HIGHCOM, and that’s because all ONI sections lie to HIGHCOM and tell it that it’s the most powerful body on Earth, which generally works well at keeping the old buffers convinced that they make the decisions. Now, are you confused? I certainly hope so, because that’s my mission.”

Best explanation ever.

> 2533275006069419;2:
> Because ONI’ Section Three ordered her to do that. ONI is able to sacrifice their own operatives “in the name of the betterment of humanity”

Wouldnt be the first time that a secretive organization has done it. Real world groups like the CIA do it all the time.

The answer is quite simple really. ONI loves to use various analysis software suites that can predict multiple outcomes to a certain scenario. If those predictions justify killing 2 agents in order to have a successful mission or to ensure humanities safety then that is how it will be.

It obviously is not morally right but ONI operates in that grey area that can be a bit confusing and even unrelenting to some.

Someone above also mentioned that different departments have different priorities. Those agent (as well as those agents superiors) had no idea about FERO’s true identity.

So in conclusion, it is important to remember that ONI and the UNSC are quite compartmentalized. No single agent or soldier knows everything. There are different chains of command, security clearances and motives. Another problem that many people have is assuming that every character knows what we know. The short answer… they don’t.

> 2533274860901607;1:
> Then why did she murder those two other ONI agents in Ben’s apartment?

Because they knew too much after reading what Ben had found out

> 2533274856236902;5:
> The answer is quite simple really. ONI loves to use various analysis software suites that can predict multiple outcomes to a certain scenario. If those predictions justify killing 2 agents in order to have a successful mission or to ensure humanities safety then that is how it will be.
>
> It obviously is not morally right but ONI operates in that grey area that can be a bit confusing and even unrelenting to some.
>
> Someone above also mentioned that different departments have different priorities. Those agent (as well as those agents superiors) had no idea about FERO’s true identity.
>
> So in conclusion, it is important to remember that ONI and the UNSC are quite compartmentalized. No single agent or soldier knows everything. There are different chains of command, security clearances and motives. Another problem that many people have is assuming that every character knows what we know. The short answer… they don’t.

I’m pretty sure even CINCONI only knows about 90% of what’s truly going on. The amount of plausible deniability required to run the organisation has to be off the charts.

> 2533274849782428;7:
> > 2533274856236902;5:
> > The answer is quite simple really. ONI loves to use various analysis software suites that can predict multiple outcomes to a certain scenario. If those predictions justify killing 2 agents in order to have a successful mission or to ensure humanities safety then that is how it will be.
> >
> > It obviously is not morally right but ONI operates in that grey area that can be a bit confusing and even unrelenting to some.
> >
> > Someone above also mentioned that different departments have different priorities. Those agent (as well as those agents superiors) had no idea about FERO’s true identity.
> >
> > So in conclusion, it is important to remember that ONI and the UNSC are quite compartmentalized. No single agent or soldier knows everything. There are different chains of command, security clearances and motives. Another problem that many people have is assuming that every character knows what we know. The short answer… they don’t.
>
> I’m pretty sure even CINCONI only knows about 90% of what’s truly going on. The amount of plausible deniability required to run the organisation has to be off the charts.

Indeed

> 2533274849782428;3:
> > “Is ONI one happy family? Oh, please. We’ve got four divisions, officially, and only one of them knows that we’ve actually got more than that. There’s Section Two—made up of psyops and PR, who each kid themselves they’re not like the other at all—which tells the lies; Section Zero, which thinks it spies on everyone else, tells lies to Section Two, and thinks it tells lies to Sections One and Three; Section One does stuff we can almost talk about, the interface with other branches; and Section Three does the stuff we can’t talk about or else it would have to kill everyone in fascinating and groundbreaking new ways. Technically, you’re not a numbered section at all. You’re the praetorian guard for CINCONI, in a way, and we just call CINCONI’s staff Core Four, although it’s actually in Core Five of Bravo-6, and DCS reports directly to it. You’ll note I didn’t mention HIGHCOM, and that’s because all ONI sections lie to HIGHCOM and tell it that it’s the most powerful body on Earth, which generally works well at keeping the old buffers convinced that they make the decisions. Now, are you confused? I certainly hope so, because that’s my mission.”
>
> Best explanation ever.

Is it bad if I could follow that?

OP ONI operates on multiple analytics softwares to predict what course is the best outcome. You know, just to save humanity and all.