So if AAs are gone...

…can we get a few of them back as ‘Power Ups?’

I know most certainly that Camo is going back to a Power Up because if it doesn’t and it just gets dropped will cause an absolute Yoink!storm that will rage across the forums and compel it to be patched in.

So while we are at it, can we put PV, HLS, Jetpack, and Sentry Turret as ‘Power Ups?’

I want camo to return as a power up as I’m sure most do but none of the armor abilities really were interesting enough to bring back to me. I’m sure others disagree, but I don’t want to see them return even as pickups. If they did, ehh, its not game breaking but whatever.

Considering they got rid of the AAs, I don’t think they will be bringing them back as power-ups or anything of the sort. Minus Camo because that was always a power-up in the original games and it isn’t game breaking if only one person can have it every few minutes and it only lasts 30 seconds. The others don’t really make sense as power-ups though. Jetpack is equipment, same with Hardlight Shield and a few others, and PV was always one that people hated tremendously.

Also to put it into perspective, you would need another button to use most of the armor abilities also. One thing that (as far as I know) we don’t really have. Seeing as how active camo just kind of runs it’s course without needing another button to control it, I think that makes it a prime candidate also. Maybe PV, but it would be annoying to walk around with PV on for more than 5 seconds which makes it as a power-up sort of useless and the rest would require a button to toggle it’s status or deploy it.

TL;DR Other than Camo, I don’t see it happening.

I fully expect to see a modified version of Halo 3’s equipment system. That is based entirely on speculation, but it makes too much sense not to do it.

I think Promethean Vision might make for a cool powerup.

> I think Promethean Vision might make for a cool powerup.

The problem is, the way it was implemented in H4 kind of renders it useless if it is only a one time use if implemented in future games. I would prefer it not return, because seeing through walls is something spartan armor should be able to do.

> Considering they got rid of the AAs, I don’t think they will be bringing them back as power-ups or anything of the sort.

I don’t follow.

> Minus Camo because that was always a power-up in the original games and it isn’t game breaking if only one person can have it every few minutes and it only lasts 30 seconds.

And if the others were on minute timers with limited durations, they wouldn’t be overpowered either.

> The others don’t really make sense as power-ups though. Jetpack is equipment, same with Hardlight Shield and a few others,

Don’t follow.

> and PV was always one that people hated tremendously.

Primarily because players could spawn with it.

> Also to put it into perspective, you would need another button to use most of the armor abilities also.

With a few simple changes, you don’t.

i think that a power-up cammo would be cool, like overshield, but add more power-ups

> I think Promethean Vision might make for a cool powerup.

I agree. 15 seconds of Pro Vis would be a great Team Doubles power up. Where an Overshield user could walk through a doorway and get instakilled by an enemy backsmack, a Pro Vis user has the advantage of knowing where his enemies are before he exposes himself through direct line of sight.

Similar to how the Plasma Pistol is an “anti-overshield” weapon, the Sentinel Beam could be the “anti-Pro Vis” weapon by distorting the vision of any Pro Vis user on contact.

I was curious if they’d make an appearance in the campaign … it’d be kind of odd, canonically speaking, but of course, Chief seems to be off on his own, so maybe there just wouldn’t be access to them.

Camo will definitely return in some form, camo has been in Halo since Halo CE, I used to play Halo CE online on PC and I think that camo was in it.

So kinda like in Reach? Where we still had power ups?

> So kinda like in Reach? Where we still had power ups?

Since when?

> > So kinda like in Reach? Where we still had power ups?
>
> Since when?

Halo: Reach always had the Camo and Overshield powerup. It even has a “Custom” powerup where you can make it be whatever powerup you want. You can even re-live the days of Doom by turning it into a “Berserk” powerup. With 100% damage resistance, immune to assassinations, 200% movement, 0% weapon damage, and 1,000% melee damage.

> So kinda like in Reach? Where we still had power ups?

Yes, just like in Halo: Reach, Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

I would rather just go back to Camo, Overshield, and Custom.

If they bring back equipment they shouldn’t add the ability to see through walls or fly.

good idea but i would only want a couple to return. camo, oversheild and custom were the only 3 in halo 3 and was pretty good so i dont want to hear “theres not enough good ones to return” we dont need ALL of them!

> > Considering they got rid of the AAs, I don’t think they will be bringing them back as power-ups or anything of the sort.
>
> I don’t follow.

I don’t see how since it’s plain English. AAs are confirmed to be removed because they weren’t good for the game. They won’t be coming back. I can’t say it any other way.

> > Minus Camo because that was always a power-up in the original games and it isn’t game breaking if only one person can have it every few minutes and it only lasts 30 seconds.
>
> And if the others were on minute timers with limited durations, they wouldn’t be overpowered either.

This kind of thinking is what makes games diluted and terrible. Putting all the AAs down as pick ups doesn’t solve the current problem Halo has. Getting rid of the problems is the only way to fix them.

> > The others don’t really make sense as power-ups though. Jetpack is equipment, same with Hardlight Shield and a few others,
>
> Don’t follow.

Equipment is something you get to control. for example: the Bubble shield was equipment in H3. You could control when it was deployed. Same as the Regen Field in H4. You get to control when it is deployed.

Power-ups are something that only last for a short duration that the player doesn’t have command over. For example, the Overshield. You can only pick it up. You can’t turn it on or off. It’s on until it’s off.

A jetpack is equipment. Camo in the previous games being a power up that the user just has until it’s gone. The player doesn’t gain any new abilities by having it.

Having a jetpack lets the user maneuver differently from everyone else, giving them too much power since position is a huge thing in Halo. Same with HardLight shield because the player gets to put up a wall and position himself behind it. The player gets to control it which makes it more powerful than something like the Overshield or Camo was in the past games.

> > and PV was always one that people hated tremendously.
>
> Primarily because players could spawn with it.

Because it was cheap like the rest of the AAs AND you are able to spawn with it. Which is why they are gone and don’t need to come back as power ups or anything of the sort. Good job 343i.

> > Also to put it into perspective, you would need another button to use most of the armor abilities also.
>
> With a few simple changes, you don’t.

I also said, as far as I know. They could make many changes and have many different things possible, but that doesn’t change the fact that making the old AAs become map pick ups for short durations makes the gameplay they introduced any less broken. You seem to be too adamant about having them in even though they have been confirmed as removed because they destroyed the very essence of what Halo was.

> I want camo to return as a power up as I’m sure most do but none of the armor abilities really were interesting enough to bring back to me. I’m sure others disagree, but I don’t want to see them return even as pickups. If they did, ehh, its not game breaking but whatever.

Yes, Active Camo, and Overshield should return as powerups, but for the love of Halo, no pick ups.

> I don’t see how since it’s plain English. AAs are confirmed to be removed because they weren’t good for the game. They won’t be coming back. I can’t say it any other way.

AAs are a name to a particular set of traits. Namely: Usable at spawn and infinitely reusable. It you make them map based pickups with one use, they suddenly become Equipment. Map based pickups that offer immediate effects with a timed duration? Power Ups.

> This kind of thinking is what makes games diluted and terrible. Putting all the AAs down as pick ups doesn’t solve the current problem Halo has. Getting rid of the problems is the only way to fix them.

What problem is that? And how doesn’t making AAs Power Ups work? And why is getting rid of everything always seem to be the default answer?

> Equipment is something you get to control. for example: the Bubble shield was equipment in H3. You could control when it was deployed. Same as the Regen Field in H4. You get to control when it is deployed.
>
> Power-ups are something that only last for a short duration that the player doesn’t have command over. For example, the Overshield. You can only pick it up. You can’t turn it on or off. It’s on until it’s off.
>
> A jetpack is equipment. Camo in the previous games being a power up that the user just has until it’s gone. The player doesn’t gain any new abilities by having it.
>
> Having a jetpack lets the user maneuver differently from everyone else, giving them too much power since position is a huge thing in Halo. Same with HardLight shield because the player gets to put up a wall and position himself behind it. The player gets to control it which makes it more powerful than something like the Overshield or Camo was in the past games.

Like I said. Make them Power Ups. Ergo that when you pick them up, they start and do not stop until their duration has timed out. Removing the activation control and conserving the item for later is implied in my request to make them Power Ups.

> Because it was cheap

And getting a second layer of shield or turning invisible isn’t cheap?

> I also said, as far as I know. They could make many changes and have many different things possible, but that doesn’t change the fact that making the old AAs become map pick ups for short durations makes the gameplay they introduced any less broken.

Broken how? Because a player gets an advantage over another player? Power Ups and Power Weapons make the game broken too. They only break the game for short periods of time and as a reward for players playing well.

> You seem to be too adamant about having them in even though they have been confirmed as removed because they destroyed the very essence of what Halo was.

And you seem too adamant about shooting down the idea.

Yes. AAs are gone. But I’m wondering if the fundamental ideas behind them (a directional damage absorbing shield and etc) can’t be reused.

If you’ld like, I can suggest that instead. Instead of asking for the HLS AA to be remade into a Power Up, I could just request that they make a Power Up that’s like the OS but stronger and directional. Same with the new Damage Boost. But instead of just upping your damage, it’s a separate entity that shoots at what you shoot.