So I wiped out the enemy team with an overkill....

So I was playing Arena and wiped out the enemy team with an overkill, but I didn’t get the Extermination medal (I’d make it a link but I’m not high enough level)…

Am I missing something, or is that medal glitched? The description for the Extermination medal is “Wipe out an enemy team with at least an Overkill”.

They all need to be dead at the same time. So by the time you have your overkill, if the first player who died has since respawned, the extermination won’t be rewarded. Its been like that since the medal was created, its hard to do but satisfying to get.

um im sure extermination is only in breakout, you need to kill all the enemy players in a round. could just be me though cause thats the only place ive experienced it on

lazy link

> 2533274840624875;3:
> um im sure extermination is only in breakout, you need to kill all the enemy players in a round. could just be me though cause thats the only place ive experienced it on

Lol, I guess you’re a new Halo player. Or I’m just a time traveler as I got my first extermination in Halo 3 like 7 years ago.

> 2533274815582829;4:
> lazy link

Yeah, based on this I think that the first guy you killed would’ve respawned before you killed the last guy. The only time you’ll get an extermination is literally wiping the whole team off the map before any of them can respawn.

> 2533274873772972;2:
> They all need to be dead at the same time. So by the time you have your overkill, if the first player who died has since respawned, the extermination won’t be rewarded. Its been like that since the medal was created, its hard to do but satisfying to get.

yah didnt find this out till i got a killtastrophe in swat one day and was like ‘there is n effing way i didnt get their whole team…’…heartbreaking…

> 2533274840624875;3:
> um im sure extermination is only in breakout, you need to kill all the enemy players in a round. could just be me though cause thats the only place ive experienced it on

im pretty sure its not…but i guess we can look it up on this site and make sure before we say something out loud…

also, nice noscope for the over OP

> 2533274840624875;3:

That is an Extinction, and is indeed exclusive to Breakout. Extermination is awarded for all other 4v4 game modes.

> 2533274873772972;2:
> They all need to be dead at the same time. So by the time you have your overkill, if the first player who died has since respawned, the extermination won’t be rewarded. Its been like that since the medal was created, its hard to do but satisfying to get.

Aaaahhhhh. Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. This is my first Halo so that’s probably why I haven’t figured it out before now…dang I woulda been close this time.

> 2533274815582829;4:
> lazy link

da real mvp.

> 2533274843610258;7:
> > 2533274873772972;2:
> > They all need to be dead at the same time. So by the time you have your overkill, if the first player who died has since respawned, the extermination won’t be rewarded. Its been like that since the medal was created, its hard to do but satisfying to get.
>
>
> yah didnt find this out till i got a killtastrophe in swat one day and was like ‘there is n effing way i didnt get their whole team…’…heartbreaking…
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274840624875;3:
> > um im sure extermination is only in breakout, you need to kill all the enemy players in a round. could just be me though cause thats the only place ive experienced it on
>
>
> im pretty sure its not…but i guess we can look it up on this site and make sure before we say something out loud…
>
> also, nice noscope for the over OP

Thanks!

One of the players must have respawned so that’s probably why you didn’t get the medal

Once they bring Grifball back, you can get one fairly easily

oooooh. I’ve gotten a few overkills and wondered where the extermination medal was haha. Good to know.

Threadjack since the question has been answered, I’ve done a couple of air assassinations and no medal, and can’t get a BXR medal to save my life, even capitalizing on an AFK guy once lol. What detail am I missing?

Dude… Great job! And congrats on the overkill. But yeah, first guy was killed at 7:56ish and last guy killed about 7:47ish… The first guy had already spawned. I think the spawn times in slayer are like 4-5 seconds right??

Anyway. Awesome game play man. :slight_smile:

> 2533274872013539;15:
> Dude… Great job! And congrats on the overkill. But yeah, first guy was killed at 7:56ish and last guy killed about 7:47ish… The first guy had already spawned. I think the spawn times in slayer are like 4-5 seconds right??
>
> Anyway. Awesome game play man. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Not sure about the spawn times…my teammate that died was still dead at the 4th kill so looks like I just got that first kill a couple seconds too early :confused: ah well, it was still fun to get the overkill ha

The medal is easier to get in breakout.

Did they increase the time you need between kills to get the medals? I’ve noticed double kills happening a good few seconds apart from each other.

> 2533274805818439;13:
> Once they bring Grifball back, you can get one fairly easily

Its probably going to be social and sadly socials don’t count