So I Went to a Video Game-Themed Symphony...

…and they played a variety of pieces and it was all amazing. They last performance (technically second to last but I will explain) was “Halo Medley”. It goes without saying it was a mix of many of Halo’s great pieces. Listening to this for the first time live, like this, was very mesmerizing. For me, the part that made it so memorable, aside from the Gregorian chanting at the beginning, were the drums in the background. The drums in a Halo game are never really in the forefront of the performance, but they are always so complimentary when played in the background. I know Halo is in the middle of a new trilogy/anthology, but I feel the drums and Gregorian chants should always play some minor role. I would also like to give a shout-out to the violins that are also often present in Halo’s old soundtrack, and always enjoyable to hear.

I don’t, however, want them to be ever present in all of Halo’s music as it wouldn’t be honest to Halo’s transition. I am thinking 343i will need to find a way to incorporate the main aspects of Halo’s old soundtrack and subtly blend it in to the new trilogies main themes.

Now in regards to Halo not being technically the last song, the program guide listed Halo Medley as the last, but the symphony had a ‘epilogue’ of sorts and so they played Skyrim’s main theme at the end. I definitely can’t complain about that.

This is the program guide for the symphony I attended in case anyone is interested in seeing what else I listened to.

OMG YOU Went to Video Games Live! That’s the best!! I remember when I went

> 2533274900268355;2:
> OMG YOU Went to Video Games Live! That’s the best!! I remember when I went

I don’t think it was Video Games Live. Mine was called rePLAY - A Video Game Symphony of Heroes. It was only playing in my city on Saturday only. I have heard of Video Games Live and mine was somewhat similar. The one I went to was done in a very classical format. There were no stage effects whatsoever. There was just a projection screen of the video game for the song the orchestra was playing off of at the time. It was much more entertaining than I wrote it out to be right here.

> 2533274831388058;3:
> > 2533274900268355;2:
> > OMG YOU Went to Video Games Live! That’s the best!! I remember when I went
>
>
> I don’t think it was Video Games Live. Mine was called rePLAY - A Video Game Symphony of Heroes. It was only playing in my city on Saturday only. I have heard of Video Games Live and mine was somewhat similar. The one I went to was done in a very classical format. There were no stage effects whatsoever. There was just a projection screen of the video game for the song the orchestra was playing off of at the time. It was much more entertaining than I wrote it out to be right here.

That sounds similar. It’s wonderful to hear works like that in an orchestral style. Heck I’m going to a Pokemon one in July and I’m so excited.

Awesome!