So I went back to Halo Reach

Went back to Halo Reach a while back and got two perfections, why do past Halo games feel so easy now compared to Halo 5?

Halo 5 plays very differently due to the Spartan Abilities and faster pace. All of the other past Halo games, however, were very similar, so your skills transferred more easily.

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Halo 5 plays very differently due to the Spartan Abilities and faster pace. All of the other past Halo games, however, were very similar, so your skills transferred more easily.

I feel like its easier to die and kill in Halo 5

> 2533274921838152;1:
> Went back to Halo Reach a while back and got two perfections, why do past Halo games feel so easy now compared to Halo 5?

All the great Halo players are on Halo 5. To me Halo: Reach is my favorite Halo game, fallowed by Halo 5, them Halo 3.
Comparison:

Reach:

  • Multiplayer (1st)

  • Campaign (2nd)

  • Forge (2nd)

  • Custom Games (1st)

  • Firefight (2nd)
    Halo 5:

  • Multiplayer (2nd)

  • Campaign (7th)

  • Forge (1st)

  • Custom Games (3rd)

  • Firefight (not in the game)
    Halo 3:

  • Multiplayer (3rd)

  • Campaign (4th)

  • Forge (3rd)

  • Custom Games (2nd)

  • Firefight (not in the game)
    ODST:

  • Multiplayer (not in the game)

  • Campaign (1st)

  • Forge (not in the game)

  • Custom Games (not in the game)

  • Firefight (1st)

> 2533274802862198;4:
> > 2533274921838152;1:
> > Went back to Halo Reach a while back and got two perfections, why do past Halo games feel so easy now compared to Halo 5?
>
>
> All the great Halo players are on Halo 5. To me Halo: Reach is my favorite Halo game, fallowed by Halo 5, them Halo 3.
> Comparison:
>
> Reach:
>
> - Multiplayer (1st)
> - Campaign (2nd)
> - Forge (2nd)
> - Custom Games (1st)
> - Firefight (2nd)
> Halo 5:
>
> - Multiplayer (2nd)
> - Campaign (7th)
> - Forge (1st)
> - Custom Games (3rd)
> - Firefight (not in the game)
> Halo 3:
>
> - Multiplayer (3rd)
> - Campaign (4th)
> - Forge (3rd)
> - Custom Games (2nd)
> - Firefight (not in the game)
> ODST:
>
> - Multiplayer (not in the game)
> - Campaign (1st)
> - Forge (not in the game)
> - Custom Games (not in the game)
> - Firefight (1st)

The people I was playing against were Forerunners, Reclaimers, etc because I’m a Mythic (it pairs you with people similarly ranked) so I wouldn’t say they were bad players, But I see your point, it was probably a bunch of rusty players.

because you are playing people that arent good?

> 2533275010968401;6:
> because you are playing people that arent good?

As stated above they were all very high ranks and offered a good fight

> 2533274921838152;7:
> > 2533275010968401;6:
> > because you are playing people that arent good?
>
>
> As stated above they were all very high ranks and offered a good fight

ranks had nothing to do with skill in reach, you could grind and get those ranks and still suck so ya

I went back about a month or so ago and I now hate the game due to the “Bloom” with the DMR. Its also ridiculously slow in movment. I’m not talking about sprint. I’m talking lag with the controller.It seems there is a slight delay that I can’t adjust to. I think it is because I have gotten accustomed the the 60 FPS with MCC and H5. I would have to play for weeks to readjust to it. Not worth it. Not to mention it now almost hurts my eyes to look at it due to the 360 graphics.

> 2533274840624875;8:
> > 2533274921838152;7:
> > > 2533275010968401;6:
> > > because you are playing people that arent good?
> >
> >
> > As stated above they were all very high ranks and offered a good fight
>
>
> ranks had nothing to do with skill in reach, you could grind and get those ranks and still suck so ya

I’m aware but that wasn’t the case in these situations, in both games the enemy team had a ton of kills and were doing well, I just avoided dying and sniped alot of them

I’m afraid to go and play on the 360… Retrain my brain…

You all make me feel so old. Reach is the WORST competitive Halo game. Flat out awful.

But its so highly regarded in these forums so I’m assuming many of you started with 3-Reach.

The number of features it has is impressive. But I’m just surprised so many here love the gameplay. It used to be commonly referred to as the worst Halo game as far as gameplay goes.

Why is it so easy? Because no one good really plays it frequently anymore is one simple reason. A lot of people playing it are playing it for nostalgic reasons. But you will rarely find coordinated teams.

> 2533274872013539;11:
> I’m afraid to go and play on the 360… Retrain my brain…

Xbox one has backwards compatibility so you can use an xone controller

I went back to Reach, my first game on I got a Killtrocity. I also am a really low rank and I suck at Reach.

> 2533274812650916;12:
> You all make me feel so old. Reach is the WORST competitive Halo game. Flat out awful.
>
> But its so highly regarded in these forums so I’m assuming many of you started with 3-Reach.
>
> The number of features it has is impressive. But I’m just surprised so many here love the gameplay. It used to be commonly referred to as the worst Halo game as far as gameplay goes.
>
> Why is it so easy? Because no one good really plays it frequently anymore is one simple reason. A lot of people playing it are playing it for nostalgic reasons. But you will rarely find coordinated teams.

I hated the gameplay of Reach and it was my second Halo game. I like all of the features it has but I can’t understand why people hold it in such high regards, especially after Halo 3, which easily beats Reach.

It could be the fact that with the experience from halo 4 and 5 your play style has gotten faster and the people are playing reach want the memories and not the competitiveness

> 2533274921838152;13:
> > 2533274872013539;11:
> > I’m afraid to go and play on the 360… Retrain my brain…
>
>
> Xbox one has backwards compatibility so you can use an xone controller

And play at <25 FPS ? It’s unplayable.

> 2533274962161969;17:
> > 2533274921838152;13:
> > > 2533274872013539;11:
> > > I’m afraid to go and play on the 360… Retrain my brain…
> >
> >
> > Xbox one has backwards compatibility so you can use an xone controller
>
>
> And play at <25 FPS ? It’s unplayable.

Pretty sure they already fixed it man, at least it worked fine when I played

OP halo 5 has more hiding spots for 1v1 situations than other previous halo games. Which when getting use to that, the openness of the previous halo games makes kill farming so much easier… Once you get past the 15-35 fps.

Personal note, I enjoyed HR but wasn’t dedicated to it. The health system, bloom in campaign/multiplayer, and falcon made playing very hard for me. The customs were fun though, that’s about it.

Is reach actually good now on Xbox backwards compatibility?