So i watched Bungie's latest ViDoc...

I watched the new Vidoc on Bnet and it was pretty good but i noticed one thing, Bungie made halo reach sound like a perfect game with NO errors… They didn’t admit of any faults and said that the community of reach was amazing and were with them all the way… Amazing huh? Why are many people complaining about it? Anyone else notice how they exaggerated Halo Reach’s greatness?

edit: This is NOT a thread ranting about how much i hate reach… Reach is a good game and is sometimes fun to play. It’s just not as good as bungie described it in their ViDoc xD

yeah I just really hated how they made it sound so perfect.

they want to make it sound like a GOOD game than thats fine, but REACH was far from perfect, and i think we can all agree the campaign was weaker than previous games.

Maybe it was the perfect game for THEM! This vid was about themselves, not anyone else. They said Reach was what they always wanted to make.

Gonna miss you, Bungie.

Reach was far from a perfect game. I’m not surprised they acted like it was, though.

Oh well, 343i is here to fix it, now.

You might not like Reach.

But Bungie has been saying for years now that Reach is what they’ve only ever tried to accomplish.

In that sense, it is perfect.

The scope
The mechanics
The story
The characters
The technology

Reach IS Perfect in the sense of what Bungie wanted to accomplish.

CE was a wing and prayer.
H2 was two big.
H3 was on untested waters.
Reach was perfect.

Whether you hate it because you don’t agree with certain design decisions or not… THAT IS NOT their point.

Reach is a solid FPS by anyone standards, and the best to come from Bungie ever when you consider EVERYTHING that it brought to the table so bug free and so huge.

They may have liked it (they freaking made it), but that doesn’t make it perfect nor the greatest. Not in the least.

Reach wasnt perfect, none of the games were perfect, Halo CE had no online (xbox version), Halo 2 had a crappy cliffhanger, Halo 3 was anti-climatic…and had ANOTHER crappy cliffhanger…And Reach didnt satisfy those who wanted another Halo 3 MP experience.

But Reach was a great game to me. It’s online modes gave a vast selection. I love Invasion…but it would be nice if they made more maps for it. As for story, the characters were kinda bland…but I loved being able to make my own charater’s appearance, that was a big plus on Bungie’s part

I thought they way they discussed how amazing Reach is, was because it was pretty much everything they knew about making Halo games wrapped up into that one game. I think Guy nailed it pretty well in his explanation.

First of all, Halo Reach was success in Bungie’s eyes. That may be exactly how they wanted the game to be. If Bungie likes it, it doesn’t mean everyone else will like it.

Secondly, a video promoting your company isn’t exactly the best form of media to admit your mistakes. Of course you want to praise your own game in that kind of video, even though you weren’t completely happy with it. In case you didn’t notice, they made the release of Halo 2 sound like it succeeded perfectly although the game was full of glitches and they had to leave lots of things out of it.

You can’t just start to publicly bash games that 1) are made by you 2) belong to another company that has owned you just a while ago. That just won’t be good for your business. We may never know how majority of Bungie employees actually feel about Halo Reach, it could really be as they say or they could think that it didn’t end up to be what thy wanted it to be.

They didn’t necessarily say Reach was “perfect”. They said it was a perfect way to send off the series, or at least, the Halo games they made.

And besides, no game is perfect. We should all know this.

> First of all, Halo Reach was success in Bungie’s eyes. That may be exactly how they wanted the game to be. If Bungie likes it, it doesn’t mean everyone else will like it.
>
> Secondly, a video promoting your company isn’t exactly the best form of media to admit your mistakes. Of course you want to praise your own game in that kind of video, even though you weren’t completely happy with it. In case you didn’t notice, they made the release of Halo 2 sound like it succeeded perfectly although the game was full of glitches and they had to leave lots of things out of it.
>
> You can’t just start to publicly bash games that 1) are made by you 2) belong to another company that has owned you just a while ago. That just won’t be good for your business. We may never know how majority of Bungie employees actually feel about Halo Reach, it could really be as they say or they could think that it didn’t end up to be what thy wanted it to be.

Exactly. Of course they’ll say it was “the greatest game” and “it’s what we’ve always wanted Halo to be”, it was the last Halo game, it wouldn’t make sense for them to bash their own work. I think it’s one of the worst (if not the worst), but I’m not surprised Bungie would say it was there best in a public vidoc.

Halo Reach WAS perfect

> Halo Reach WAS perfect

I wouldn’t go that far. I like Reach but the game does have some problems. But it’s nothing so terrible that the game should ever be considered garbage. people who say that don’t know what garbage is.

I watched the ViDoc too. The only thing that bugs me are the scenes of Emile cut from Reach. His character was massively hyped, then they got cut. Why? And why can’t Bungie show the entire clip instead of only a snipet?

Bungie:
“halo 2 was an utter failure.”
Halo 2 is responsible for 3/4th of the xbox’s sales and over half of the total amount of time spent online.

Bungie:
“Halo Reach was just perfect.”
Halo fans regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title and is the reason why Halo is laughed at by the gaming community.

> Bungie:
> “halo 2 was an utter failure.”
> Halo 2 is responsible for 3/4th of the xbox’s sales and over half of the total amount of time spent online.
>
> Bungie:
> “Halo Reach was just perfect.”
> Halo fans regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title and is the reason why Halo is laughed at by the gaming community.

Halo 2 was a failure in Bungie’s eyes because they didn’t complete the game they wanted to ship. There was so much stuff that was cut from the final product.

Regardless, the community fell in love with the game as it brought back the classic story along with exciting online multiplayer. As for Reach, the entire fanbase doesn’t hate the game.

> Halo fans regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title and is the reason why Halo is laughed at by the gaming community.

People really need to stop speaking for the community, especially when projecting their own tragically unsatisfiable and outlandish expectations onto them. Halo fans do not regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title, YOU do. If anything I’ve seen more hate and resentment cast towards Halo Wars (still) then I have Halo Reach.

> > Halo fans regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title and is the reason why Halo is laughed at by the gaming community.
>
> People really need to stop speaking for the community, especially when projecting their own tragically unsatisfiable and outlandish expectations onto them. Halo fans do not regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title, YOU do. If anything I’ve seen more hate and resentment cast towards Halo Wars (still) then I have Halo Reach.

There’s a clear difference, really:

Halo Wars was hated on simply because it wasn’t made by Bungie and that it was an rts game instead of an fps.

Halo Reach is hated on because of gimmicks like armor lock and bloom.

If I could pick between a good game and a horrible game, what would I pick?

And besides, the majority of these forums would like to have a word with you about that “stop speaking for the community” part.

> > > Halo fans regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title and is the reason why Halo is laughed at by the gaming community.
> >
> > People really need to stop speaking for the community, especially when projecting their own tragically unsatisfiable and outlandish expectations onto them. Halo fans do not regard Halo Reach as the worst Halo title, YOU do. If anything I’ve seen more hate and resentment cast towards Halo Wars (still) then I have Halo Reach.
>
> There’s a clear difference, really:
>
> Halo Wars was hated on simply because it wasn’t made by Bungie and that it was an rts game instead of an fps.
>
> Halo Reach is hated on because of gimmicks like armor lock and bloom.
>
> If I could pick between a good game and a horrible game, what would I pick?
>
> And besides, the majority of these forums would like to have a word with you about that “stop speaking for the community” part.

No actually, the majority of the community does not agree with the Reach haters and we all would appreciate it if you stopped speaking for us as if we did.

Im just getting really sick and tired of coming to these forums only to have ANOTHER person praise on how much he hates Reach. Its like every person who hates Reach, needs to let everyone know how they feel about it. It’s been going on for like what, almost a year now that people are complaining? It gets really annoying. We have already heard every complaint about Halo: Reach. We don’t need to hear it again and again and again, etc. Just give it a rest. Your precious TU will be coming soon so you guys could at least stop complaining for awhile.