So I was worried about crab Flood...

But then I remembered the Primordial.

Suddenly I’m not so concerned about the distinctly un-Floody look. Know what I mean? Especially since the Flood form armor effect sounds like it might be spores.

Well they are flood, because they’re called Flood…

They look perfectly floody to me, I feel like I might get infected a lot just so I can admire myself… is that sad?

> Suddenly I’m not so concerned about the distinctly un-Floody look.

They look fine to me.

The flood design being distinct is a illusion. In Halo CE/2/3 they were all practically the same models for everything because Bungie didnt create a multitude of designs for any particula specie-based flood forms.

Ever read/watched the Mona Lisa? I’d say that is the ideology I prefer for the flood. There is no specific detail because the flood mutate and just like a snowflake, there shouldnt be more than one that are identical. Especially since the flood are just hunks of rotten flesh and alien fungi-like matter.

As long as they’re mutated and relatively disgusting then I’m happy. That’s the flood look.

> They look perfectly floody to me, I feel like I might get infected a lot just so I can admire myself… is that sad?

No it’s not
I’m going to do the same

The crab claw looks much more durable than an easily shot off whip arm not to mention seems more futuristic.

It will likely be more memorable too. It’s very interesting.

I’m not quite suggesting this flood form is impossible, it just looks very different from any flood form we’ve seen before. Not so fleshy and deformed, no tentacles, no feelers…

SPOILERS (not sure yet how to spoiler tag and don’t have time to figure it out)

But if the Primordial was a Gravemind, then that could mean there is some other form(s) the Flood could take. Like say, if that powder coming off it were airborne Flood spores, that type of infection could end up looking rather different from the usual stuff.

In which case, I’m totally cool with how they look. I do like the design, but it doesn’t look like it fits otherwise, IMO. Though it does look freaky, like Flood forms should. Just looks so different.

The Flood does whatever it thinks will ensure it’s survival and propagation of the parasite with the creature it infects. That includes making it more deadly to ensure more kills to create more Flood forms, change into a Carrier Form if it gets too damaged and thus create more Infection Forms, ect. Obviously with all the advantages of a Spartan’s armor and augmentations, it decided this was the best way to use the Spartan.

Maybe that large claw was made to crack MJOLNIR and expose other Spartans to the Flood easier?