so I tried Reach again...

I decides to try reach but the framerate isnt just 30fps its most definitely sub 30 closer to low 20s and I keep finding myself trying to use Halo 5 in game. I also booted up forge and while I like the objects more I actually think I prefere Halo 5 forge now which is a complete 180 to what I had been saying up till this point. Honestly the only thing I want back from Reach is the gamemodes and firefight.

It’s funny what nostalgia Goggle’s do isn’t it?

Yep, people tend to look to the past with Rose colored glasses.

They say the smoothness of Halo 5 is a waste until they go back and try what it used to be in the old games.

Well to be fair Xbone Reach has alot of issues.

It’s nice to have it on Xbox One now at least. Can still work on my multiplayer rank as I never really played Reach much. Think I’m still a Commander Grade 2.

I’m really glad I went back and played it actually as its made me appreciate Halo 5 more and I have complained a lot about Halo 5 up until now.

> 2533274803562826;1:
> nostalgia Google’s

Heh.

I plan on downloading Reach later. I’m assuming no, but did custom maps and gametypes somehow transfer over?

I’m really curious about how different it will feel. I know the FPS will be different, but Halo 5 has put a spin on my usual control scheme layout. I hope I can get back into it.

> 2533274891802271;3:
> Well to be fair Xbone Reach has alot of issues.

I didn’t notice anything different issue between the Xbone vs 360

Also don’t get me wrong I’m glad its on the Xbone now and I won’t be installing reach because I miss firefight and griffball a lot.

> 2533274803562826;7:
> > 2533274891802271;3:
> > Well to be fair Xbone Reach has alot of issues.
>
>
> I didn’t notice anything different issue between the Xbone vs 360

I hear it has a lot of performance issues, but it could be different from person to person, since Gears of War 3 runs great on my Xbox One and I see people complain about its performance issues.

Digital foundry Halo Reach performance review

Edit: fixed my link.

Halo Reach runs at 30fps. The Xbone emulation is struggling to run the game properly so the game is capping the frame rate at 20fps.

Nostalgia goggles nothing. The game runs better on 360. It was clear to tell after booting the game up on Xbone the frame rate was lower than the standard release.

Ps. This belongs in the Reach section, not the Halo 5 section.

This is why I’m sceptical of going back to H3 on the 360 and trying to play it at 30fps. I think it would be a bit of a shock.

> 2533274891802271;3:

Well to be fair it was designed for a different console… just sayin

I still liked it. The ability to system link with my 360 rather than 4 way split is going to be fun.

Bloom still sucks… but I love the style and the feel of the game otherwise. It definitely should have been part of the MCC.

I will not being playing Reach unless somebody asks me to join them. Reach was my first experience with MP and it was terrible. H4 came along and I fell inlove with the MP of halo. I’ve play Halo from the beginning. But only the campaign. Reach came and I thought I would give it a try. I was terrible. So I didn’t play much. I got really good with H4 so i bought the MCC to catch up on all the MP that I had missed. I sucked terrible for a while, but Have gotten much better thanks to H5. So I decided to go back and play Reach. I played much better, but I absolutely hate the Bloom. that wold have to be removed for me to put any amount of time into Reach at this point. I really don’t see how anybody can play it after playing all the other Halo games that don’t have that.

> 2533274891802271;3:

No excuses, its slow as -Yoink- compared to the MCC or Halo 5

Ive been saying this for weeks. Reach on xbone is going to be terrible. Emulation never runs as good as the original, period. Combine that with all the advancements H5 has made, and the game is going to feel like absolute -Yoink-

I went played some firefight last night and it was glorious.

Respect for OP for his admission and mentioning Firefight and game modes.

I hated the DMR in Reach because it’s in a league of its own in terms of firepower and versatility. Reach really needed the BR.

> 2533274810001991;18:
> Respect for OP for his admission and mentioning Firefight and game modes.
>
> I hated the DMR in Reach because it’s in a league of its own in terms of firepower and versatility. Reach really needed the BR.

I loved the DMR and hated the BR. Guess because the first Halo I played online was Reach with the DMR :wink: And in my opinion the BR just dominated the entirety of Halo 2, 3 and 4 in MCC. There was no matches voted or played on besides BR Slayer, forced me to stick to my beloved H4 playlist, Team Action Sack.

> 2533274803562826;1:
> I decides to try reach but the framerate isnt just 30fps its most definitely sub 30 closer to low 20s and I keep finding myself trying to use Halo 5 in game. I also booted up forge and while I like the objects more I actually think I prefere Halo 5 forge now which is a complete 180 to what I had been saying up till this point. Honestly the only thing I want back from Reach is the gamemodes and firefight.
>
> It’s funny what nostalgia Goggle’s do isn’t it?

Damn man I want to say good on you for being the bigger person and being able to admit you were wrong. Just goes to show you it’s human nature to just want something you don’t have for the sake of wanting it.