So, I read the Halo 4 article of Game Informer...

And something caught my eye. Instead of the Halo 4 information, most of which I had already known, the thing that caught the most attention from me was I happened upon a quote from a Bioware designer (Christina Norman) that read,

> We just want to release awesome stuff. Players, please, give us a chance. Judge our games based on what they are… …Stop thinking you’re a producer and telling us when and where we should be building our content.

I think the symbolism here is obvious. Could we all just stop whining at 343 about things that we don’t know for sure and just enjoy the game when it comes out? Sure, it might be a bit different, but if it were exactly the same as the last game, the gameplay would eventually get stale. 343 knows what they’re doing, and they’re trying to create a fun game to play. Yelling at them because they didn’t make the spawns the way you want or because a weapon you like has slightly different mechanics this time around isn’t helping, but instead is sucking all of the innovative new ideas out of the game and making it mundane. We all fear a clone of CoD, but has anyone considered the possibility that a clone of a past Halo game might be even worse?

A halo 3 clone would be amazing especially with reach’s host/servers less lag. I would buy it 100x over and play it all day everyday lol

> A halo 3 clone

No

No? Do you think reach is better?

> No? Do you think reach is better?

Yes.

Oh thats the problem lol

> Oh thats the problem lol

The problem is you and everyone else who will give thier money away on a game that is almost exactly like something they’ve paid for and played before. You want Halo 3, go play that. I want something new I can spend my money on.

I want halo. The competitive skill game that wasn’t based off credits, spartan points, armor abilities, random weapon drops, instant spawns, join mid-game, weapon unlocks, loadouts. Anything that effects the game mechanics and balance of halo should be removed. I’m sorry halo 3 was the last game to do it right and I have to use that as an example.

I saw that too while skimming through, and a very different thought came to mind. japanese game companies complaining that we dont like them anymore because they make “art” and we are buying bigger budget stuff than they want to make. some players have no idea what would be cool, they say dumb stuff like what if master chief was really a chick, these are the gamers who want summer action movies year’round because they look cool. I say no we need trilogies we need star wars and lord of the rings and books like the oddyssey and stories like the illiad. we want epic like… halo. so to that bioware woman GI quoted I have a response… no! make a cool new IP that people besides yourself want to play or enjoy poor sales, and to 343, i like your ideas, but leveling upgrades is an old scheme thought up long ago by competitors, we look to you to innovate or at least maintain your identity, not say hey that sells lets do what they did. gun loadouts are fine it eliminates slayer dmr gametypes and slayer pro gametypes, but whats wrong with doing what epic did with gears of war 3? here’s a handful of guns pick the ones you like and thats what you got to choose from in matches. player drop ins in matches in progress, yes and thanks please, upgrading as you level to make skilled players unbeatable and unskilled players able to kill me when they shouldn’t be able too, I just hope im wrong or have the wrong idea, at very least if guns get more powerful as players level, i’ll be saving that money on legendary limited and buyin this thing used a month or 3 later if at all

> A halo 3 clone would be amazing especially with reach’s host/servers less lag. I would buy it 100x over and play it all day everyday lol

That wouldnt be a good idea. There is this one other series that makes all their games exactly the same - call of duty. One thing I like about Halo is the way each game is different and unique.

H1/H2/H3 are very much alike, and all feel like halo. Obviously, people kept buying them or we wouldn’t be having this conversation. If you want an unbalanced game based on your rank and what armor ability, loadout, weapon you can get because of your rank go play Cod. But, I’d rather have 343 stay true to the series than sell to people who want ripped features from Cod/Bf3 or “New”

> I want halo. The competitive skill game that wasn’t based off credits, spartan points, armor abilities, random weapon drops, instant spawns, join mid-game, weapon unlocks, loadouts. Anything that effects the game mechanics and balance of halo should be removed. I’m sorry halo 3 was the last game to do it right and I have to use that as an example.

Your wrong on so many levels… Halo 3 was not a perfect game… Yes i love halo 3 more then reach but i still love reach… Have you played halo 4 yet? No you have not so how do we know if its balanced… we don’t until we have played it ourselves. The ranking is the only thing wrong with halo now a days… Everything else is fine…People are blowing all these changes out of per portion .

> I want halo. The competitive skill game that wasn’t based off credits, spartan points, armor abilities, random weapon drops, instant spawns, join mid-game, weapon unlocks, loadouts. Anything that effects the game mechanics and balance of halo should be removed. I’m sorry halo 3 was the last game to do it right and I have to use that as an example.

Your wrong on so many levels… Halo 3 was not a perfect game… Yes i love halo 3 more then reach but i still love reach… Have you played halo 4 yet? No you have not so how do we know if its balanced… we don’t until we have played it ourselves. The ranking is the only thing wrong with halo now a days… Everything else is fine…People are blowing all these changes out of per portion .

H1/H2/H3 are very much alike. They are all halo and how halo should be balanced and skill based. More people played H2 than reach, and H3 than reach. Obviously, this new lets adapt to a wider audience isn’t what the community wants. The fact people were upset when the H2 servers went down says the same. Along with the fact H3 still has people playing it.

H1/H2/H3 are very much alike. They are all halo and how halo should be balanced and skill based. More people played H2 than reach, and H3 than reach. Obviously, this new lets adapt to a wider audience isn’t what the community wants. The fact people were upset when the H2 servers went down says the same. Along with the fact H3 still has people playing it.

H1/H2/H3 are very much alike, and all feel like halo. Obviously, people kept buying them or we wouldn’t be having this conversation. If you want an unbalanced game based on your rank and what armor ability, loadout, weapon you can get because of your rank go play Cod. But, I’d rather have 343 stay true to the series than sell to people who want ripped features from Cod/Bf3 or “New”

I’m not sure why it double posted? lol

Anyway to delete?

> Your wrong on so many levels… Halo 3 was not a perfect game… Yes i love halo 3 more then reach but i still love reach… Have you played halo 4 yet? No you have not so how do we know if its balanced… we don’t until we have played it ourselves. The ranking is the only thing wrong with halo now a days… Everything else is fine…People are blowing all these changes out of per portion .

No, but I’ve played reach and that sure as hell wasn’t done right. Especially when it first came out. And I know that was bungie and not 343, and 343 has done right in getting rid of bloom atleast for mlg. Lowering it helped, but it still could be better. Armor abilities needed to be removed completely. Loadouts aswell because as soon as there is a difference at the start of the game between red and blue it’s unbalanced. Same guns, same opportunities = balanced. Something that was lost in Reach, and probably going to be lost in H4 but only time will tell.

You quoted a BioWare employee on fans not judging their games? You know most of their fans are in a state of revolt over the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy, right?

Just saying.

What happened at the end?