So, I played through Campaign a second time

And really, REALLY enjoyed the story. One of the biggest reasons I’ve not been a fan of Halo 5 is because of the Spartan Abilities but playing through Campaign a second time made me realize that it really doesn’t change much. Halo 5 Multiplayer is very cut throat, competitive and fast paced especially with the Spartan Abilities. The Campaign experience isn’t affected much by the abilities. Going through on Legendary wasn’t as difficult as I had originally fear especially in "The Breaking" when you have to fight three Warden Eternal’s at once. The story was rich and kept me wanting more. It’s very reminiscent of Halo 2’s story where everything comes to a screeching halt right when things start to get interesting but I enjoyed it. I think people don’t like the campaign because it’s almost like a filler. Halo 4 started us on this new story, Halo 5 is filler with all the character stories and plot lines, then Halo 6 is where it all comes together for the incredible finale.

I jumped the gun far too soon. 343 Industries is doing a pretty great job with the Campaign and story. Multiplayer still needs some work. There needs to be a balance between casual and competitive matchmaking options but all in all, they’re doing pretty great. Really makes me appreciate what they’ve done for everyone

Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.

> 2546678360738636;1:
> And really, REALLY enjoyed the story. One of the biggest reasons I’ve not been a fan of Halo 5 is because of the Spartan Abilities but playing through Campaign a second time made me realize that it really doesn’t change much. Halo 5 Multiplayer is very cut throat, competitive and fast paced especially with the Spartan Abilities. The Campaign experience isn’t affected much by the abilities. Going through on Legendary wasn’t as difficult as I had originally fear especially in "The Breaking" when you have to fight three Warden Eternal’s at once. The story was rich and kept me wanting more. It’s very reminiscent of Halo 2’s story where everything comes to a screeching halt right when things start to get interesting but I enjoyed it. I think people don’t like the campaign because it’s almost like a filler. Halo 4 started us on this new story, Halo 5 is filler with all the character stories and plot lines, then Halo 6 is where it all comes together for the incredible finale.
>
> I jumped the gun far too soon. 343 Industries is doing a pretty great job with the Campaign and story. Multiplayer still needs some work. There needs to be a balance between casual and competitive matchmaking options but all in all, they’re doing pretty great. Really makes me appreciate what they’ve done for everyone

I envy you. I wish the story had the same effect on me, but my opinion is pretty much the exact opposite of yours. I could go into detail about why the story sucks, but people are probably going to school you on that anyways. I’m glad someone likes it at least.

Since I can’t gif on this site,

“Insert family guy Adam West -LoL WHAT- here”

But seriously Op the reason why people hate Halo 5’s story is because on it’s own it does nothing but setup another game and in content of Halo’s lore before it it throws it all away. I wasn’t too big on Halo 4’s campaign but the idea of MC moving forward trying to live a normal life was a good one IMO, 343i just threw it away for SPACE BOTS!

All they had to do was leave Halo 4 how it was and make the Didact the main enemy in Halo 5 ,atleast there would of been some kind of connection. Hell they could of even kept the Warden Eternal just say that the composer finally worked on him and that’s what he became so be built a new legion of Prometheans (because it makes no sense how Warden has them) and bip bop bam, you have Halo 4, 2 but nope. 343i loves shooting themselves in the foot. It really gets the blood pumping.

EDIT: Fixed the two million typo’s in my comment, sorry about that guys.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.

The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together

> 2546678360738636;5:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
>
>
> The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together

When will people understand that filler never does any series justice.

Naruto is the greatest example.

> 2535466571151869;6:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> >
> >
> > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
>
>
> When will people understand that filler never does any series justice.
>
> Naruto is the greatest example.

True but its necessary sometimes, this being an example of a time when it is needed. One could argue that all the filler could be done in books or other forms but I bet you that most of the population wouldn’t go out of their way to read or learn about everything needed to fully understand what happens in campaign

> 2546678360738636;5:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
>
>
> The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together

The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.

I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> >
> >
> > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
>
>
> The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
>
> I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.

I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.

> 2533274808386392;9:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > >
> > >
> > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> >
> >
> > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> >
> > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
>
>
> I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.

How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> >
> >
>
>
> The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
>
> I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.

Triggered

> 2546678360738636;10:
> > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> > >
> > >
> > > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> > >
> > > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
> >
> >
> > I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.
>
>
> How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?

I would have preferred a game that was “The greatest hunt in video game history”.

> 2535466571151869;6:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> >
> >
>
>
> When will people understand that filler never does any series justice.
>
> Naruto is the greatest example.

If you’re saying that H5 is filler because “The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together” it’s not working. I spend little time in EU. Tanaka, Vale, Kelly, Fred, Linda, Locke… I knew only of the existence of Blue Team, but almost nothing about them as individuals. I knew zero about Tanaka and Vale and had it not been for a package deal with Nightfall, I’d have known nothing of Locke.

The majority of the characters I’m usually surrounded by in this game, I knew little to nothing about, learned little to nothing about. As for them all coming together… they’ve already done that in H5 and for most of them, I am confused as to who they are, where they came from and how they all managed to team up…

> 2533274793744432;12:
> > 2546678360738636;10:
> > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
> > >
> > >
> > > I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.
> >
> >
> > How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?
>
>
> I would have preferred a game that was “The greatest hunt in video game history”.

Okay, I’ll agree with you on that. For a game that was advertised as this huge man hunt for the Master Chief, I was expecting more than a 45 second fight scene between Locke and Master Chief

> 2546678360738636;14:
> > 2533274793744432;12:
> > > 2546678360738636;10:
> > > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > > > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.
> > >
> > >
> > > How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?
> >
> >
> > I would have preferred a game that was “The greatest hunt in video game history”.
>
>
> Okay, I’ll agree with you on that. For a game that was advertised as this huge man hunt for the Master Chief, I was expecting more than a 45 second fight scene between Locke and Master Chief

Yeah we haven’t even touched base on all the misleading advertising.

To be honest, I wanted to use more the Master Chief, since it only has 3 missions. Also, I think that nobody liked the story because the previews of the game told a “different story.”

I get it from the gameplay perspective but the story was pretty bad.

> 2546678360738636;10:
> > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> > >
> > >
> > > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> > >
> > > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
> >
> >
> > I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.
>
>
> How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?

How was it executed poorly? Do you really want me to write up a list? Very well then.

• The quality of the writing was extremely poor. Cutscenes blacked out mid-sentence and never explained a thing.
  • In-game dialogue was quite poor as well. At one point, Linda asks Chief if he would like to elaborate on a part of his feelings. His response? “No.” What a waste of opportunity.
  • Speaking of the Chief, what happened to his humanization from Halo 4? Last time we saw him, he was pondering over the question of him being a man or a machine. Now? He’s back to a blank slate.
  • Don’t even get me started on Blue Team. The characters represented in the game are a poor excuse for Blue Team, as they have no personality. Where’s the witty, somewhat immature Kelly that gave the finger to an Onyx Sentinel? Or the caring, honourable Fred that will do anything for his team, yet still cracks a joke about “riding on top”? Or the cold, yet willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good Linda? Again, the characters in this game where a blank slate.
  • Jul was killed in a cutscene to make Locke look like a badass. Except that he doesn’t.
  • How does Halsey know that Cortana is back before Chief does?
  • Why are Halsey and Palmer best friends now? Last I checked, Palmer had a death wish for Halsey for…some reason?
  • What happened to the Didact? And don’t tell me to go read Halo Escalation, that stuff should be explained in the books.
  • Who is the Warden Eternal? Why does he decide “Hey, this human AI that got revived by the Domain should be followed and given the power to rule the galaxy”. What are his motives? Why is he important? Other than being an annoying boss fight, we have no idea who he is, really.
  • Speaking of motives… What are ANYBODY’S motives in this game? Why does Blue Team follow Chief without a blink of an eye after he had a vision of Cortana? Why does Chief follow his vision? Should any of them not sit back and think “hold on…Maybe I shouldn’t trust the crazy images in my head!”
  • The idea of the whole AI revolution against humanity is not only cliché, but also completely unfounded in Halo. There was no precedent at all that AIs were unhappy with their fate and working alongside humans. There were so many better plots to follow, such as continuing the Didact’s story, or maybe continue having Halsey turn against humanity.
  • The first thing the Arbiter does when he sees Locke is rudely cut him off. That’s not the Arbiter I know. While he was filled with Vengeance, he had a lot of respect for humanity and treated them with honour. And even then, throughout the game, he’s very dismissive of humans. Not the pragmatic Arbiter from past games.
  • Seriously, 7 Warden boss fights? With one of them being 2, and then 3 Wardens? How did 343i not realize that people would not like that?
  • We still don’t really know why Cortana is acting like space -Yoink!- now. Again, yeah, she got revived by the Domain and wants to bring peace to the galaxy, blah blah blah. But… Why the sudden shift between “I’m an AI who’s about to die but will sacrifice myself for the Chief and humanity” to “MUAHAHAHA TIME TO RULE THE GALAXY AND KILL EVERYBODY WHO STANDS IN MY WAY!!!” It just comes out of nowhere with no explanation.
  • Speaking of which… They revived a dead character and made her the villain. That’s stupid. Very stupid. Dead characters should. Stay. Dead.
  • The “fight scene” and “chase” between Locke and the Chief was barely in the game at all, and again, amounted to nothing. Their fight as a poorly choreographed fight filled with wide punches and slow moves. Not worthy of two Spartans.
  • The first cinematic in the game where Dr. Halsey tells Locke that ONI will order him to kill them both? That had absolutely no connection to the game and was never elaborated on again. Nice.
  • We spent 4/5 of the game playing as Osiris, when the game was advertised as exploring Chief’s humanity. That’s some big BS right there.
  • Fireteam Osiris comes out of nowhere, and we’re expected to care for them? I mean, I do like the characters, but they really fail to meet their potential. A lot of the dialogue that makes these characters interesting (as well as any interesting dialogue with Blue Team) only happens if you’ve been sitting idle in an area for 5 minutes. That’s a terrible way to explore characters.
  • The whole story and campaign were built on lies told to us before launch. Look it up.
    I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point. I respect your opinion and the fact that you enjoy the campaign, but I unfortunately cannot agree with it.

> 2533274808386392;18:
> > 2546678360738636;10:
> > > 2533274808386392;9:
> > > > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > > > Halo 4’s story almost has nothing to do with Halo 5. Cortana’s death, the Chief meeting the Librarian, the Didact, etc. Nearly everything that happened in it was either ignored or reversed in Halo 5. I still am very angered by the Halo 5 campaign. It’s extremely fun and well designed from a level perspective, but the story left a lot to be desired.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The story is filler. Cortana is still alive and well in some form. The Librarian is mentioned once and in the final level “Guardians”, Cortana quotes a good bit of what the Didact had said in Halo 4. The story seems empty because its filler. Almost like “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, it was the second movie in the trilogy which most fans hated because it was nothing but filler. A story that could have been told in two movies but was stretched to be three. The Forerunner Saga, in my opinion, is viewed to be the same way by many but the story needs time to be told and understood by everyone which is why it was told the way it was. The character backgrounds and various stories needed to be told so when they all come together in Halo 6, people aren’t confused as to who they are, where everyone came from, and how they all managed to team up together
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The story was more than filler, it was almost a redaction. They set up a lot of exciting storylines in H4 and proceeded to expand upon none of them. Cortana’s death was a focal point of the story, and is now totally undone. Master Chief having a developing character? Forget about it. Jul M’Dama, the feared leader of the Covenant? Killed in a cutscene without landing a punch. Halsey’s developing tension with Palmer and the S4 program? They’re best friends now.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not just mad about H5’s status as a “filler” game. I’m mad because it spat on the storylines that H4 provided us.
> > >
> > >
> > > I could not have said it better myself. Halo 5 takes everything great about the past games, and then just says “Nah, let’s get rid of all of that and make Cortana the villain, because reasons”, and it’s all executed poorly. Halo 5 is truly an insult to the story of past Halo games.
> >
> >
> > How was it executed poorly? How would you have done it better? How would you have preferred the Halo 5 story to go?
>
>
> How was it executed poorly? Do you really want me to write up a list? Very well then.
>
>
>
> - The quality of the writing was extremely poor. Cutscenes blacked out mid-sentence and never explained a thing.
> - In-game dialogue was quite poor as well. At one point, Linda asks Chief if he would like to elaborate on a part of his feelings. His response? “No.” What a waste of opportunity.
> - Speaking of the Chief, what happened to his humanization from Halo 4? Last time we saw him, he was pondering over the question of him being a man or a machine. Now? He’s back to a blank slate.
> - Don’t even get me started on Blue Team. The characters represented in the game are a poor excuse for Blue Team, as they have no personality. Where’s the witty, somewhat immature Kelly that gave the finger to an Onyx Sentinel? Or the caring, honourable Fred that will do anything for his team, yet still cracks a joke about “riding on top”? Or the cold, yet willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good Linda? Again, the characters in this game where a blank slate.
> - Jul was killed in a cutscene to make Locke look like a badass. Except that he doesn’t.
> - How does Halsey know that Cortana is back before Chief does?
> - Why are Halsey and Palmer best friends now? Last I checked, Palmer had a death wish for Halsey for…some reason?
> - What happened to the Didact? And don’t tell me to go read Halo Escalation, that stuff should be explained in the books.
> - Who is the Warden Eternal? Why does he decide “Hey, this human AI that got revived by the Domain should be followed and given the power to rule the galaxy”. What are his motives? Why is he important? Other than being an annoying boss fight, we have no idea who he is, really.
> - Speaking of motives… What are ANYBODY’S motives in this game? Why does Blue Team follow Chief without a blink of an eye after he had a vision of Cortana? Why does Chief follow his vision? Should any of them not sit back and think “hold on…Maybe I shouldn’t trust the crazy images in my head!”
> - The idea of the whole AI revolution against humanity is not only cliché, but also completely unfounded in Halo. There was no precedent at all that AIs were unhappy with their fate and working alongside humans. There were so many better plots to follow, such as continuing the Didact’s story, or maybe continue having Halsey turn against humanity.
> - The first thing the Arbiter does when he sees Locke is rudely cut him off. That’s not the Arbiter I know. While he was filled with Vengeance, he had a lot of respect for humanity and treated them with honour. And even then, throughout the game, he’s very dismissive of humans. Not the pragmatic Arbiter from past games.
> - Seriously, 7 Warden boss fights? With one of them being 2, and then 3 Wardens? How did 343i not realize that people would not like that?
> - We still don’t really know why Cortana is acting like space -Yoink!- now. Again, yeah, she got revived by the Domain and wants to bring peace to the galaxy, blah blah blah. But… Why the sudden shift between “I’m an AI who’s about to die but will sacrifice myself for the Chief and humanity” to “MUAHAHAHA TIME TO RULE THE GALAXY AND KILL EVERYBODY WHO STANDS IN MY WAY!!!” It just comes out of nowhere with no explanation.
> - Speaking of which… They revived a dead character and made her the villain. That’s stupid. Very stupid. Dead characters should. Stay. Dead.
> - The “fight scene” and “chase” between Locke and the Chief was barely in the game at all, and again, amounted to nothing. Their fight as a poorly choreographed fight filled with wide punches and slow moves. Not worthy of two Spartans.
> - The first cinematic in the game where Dr. Halsey tells Locke that ONI will order him to kill them both? That had absolutely no connection to the game and was never elaborated on again. Nice.
> - We spent 4/5 of the game playing as Osiris, when the game was advertised as exploring Chief’s humanity. That’s some big BS right there.
> - Fireteam Osiris comes out of nowhere, and we’re expected to care for them? I mean, I do like the characters, but they really fail to meet their potential. A lot of the dialogue that makes these characters interesting (as well as any interesting dialogue with Blue Team) only happens if you’ve been sitting idle in an area for 5 minutes. That’s a terrible way to explore characters.
> - The whole story and campaign were built on lies told to us before launch. Look it up.
> I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point. I respect your opinion and the fact that you enjoy the campaign, but I unfortunately cannot agree with it.

Waypoint will not let me press the like button on your post enough.

Most players would probably be more accepting of H5 campaign if they knew about or read or paid attention to the media outside the games. Sadly most don’t.