So I just purchased the $19.99 Req Bundle.

And I was rewarded with… Emblems.

Its ultimately my fault for being foolish enough to spend money but for something that costs 33% of the game itself? 343i… thats extremely shady.

Nobody likes to feel Nickle and dimed. Especially not loyal fans/customers.

Well, I didn’t get 18 Emblems in a row until I was well into the Mythics. You are going to get every REQ in the game if you want a hope of getting a Mythic at all; so in the end it’s good to get the crap out of the way first.

tough luck, better buy again to improve your chances of getting something good

So looking at your service record being a SR 15 yes it is your fault. You seem new here but the way the reqs work is rule of thumb is do not get gold packs until you have all the rare and lower items unlocked first. Gold says ultra rare and higher (only refers to this is the pack used to receive those ) but it will pull from everything if you have a lot to unlock

> 2533274881086487;4:
> So looking at your service record being a SR 15 yes it is your fault. You seem new here but the way the reqs work is rule of thumb is do not get gold packs until you have all the rare and lower items unlocked first. Gold says ultra rare and higher (only refers to this is the pack used to receive those ) but it will pull from everything if you have a lot to unlock

Quite so. The lack of Common Sense, Intuition, or even a hint of asking any number of helpful questions, on these and other Forums absolutely boggles my mind.

> 2533274950478805;5:
> > 2533274881086487;4:
> > So looking at your service record being a SR 15 yes it is your fault. You seem new here but the way the reqs work is rule of thumb is do not get gold packs until you have all the rare and lower items unlocked first. Gold says ultra rare and higher (only refers to this is the pack used to receive those ) but it will pull from everything if you have a lot to unlock
>
>
> Quite so. The lack of Common Sense, Intuition, or even a hint of asking any number of helpful questions, on these and other Forums absolutely boggles my mind.

^. Yeah. That’s completely unnecessary.

Thank god I understand game design, I would be so upset to waste 20 bucks on emblems.
Currently unlocked all common items from the bronze packs and have moved to silver :).

> 2535412280615383;1:
> And I was rewarded with… Emblems.
>
> Its ultimately my fault for being foolish enough to spend money but for something that costs 33% of the game itself? 343i… thats extremely shady.
>
> Nobody likes to feel Nickle and dimed. Especially not loyal fans/customers.

Dude, you’re an SR 15. Don’t mess with that stuff until you have grinded through bronze and silver packs and you get to gold packs at around SR100. Even then I would just stick to the gold packs and not mess with those expensive req bundles.

That’s why emblems should either be unlocked via commendations or already unlocked and available from the start. I hate getting emblems in packs.

I bought that, got 3 Mythics armors, 2 Mythic guns, and the rest were Unltra Rare and Legendary. Then again I have almost everything in the game and that’s all I can get now. But if you expect big rewards and you don’t have half of the stuff, don’t think you’ll get big things. You’ll get the small stuff first before anything.

Thank you for the feedback. It makes sense now.

But I want my damn money back.

If a developer offers its players the ability to spend $20 bucks of real money… You should receive something that will be of use, not 5 emblems like the numbers 6 & 9… (that I will never use) a foehammer helmet and an energy sword certification.

343i should be ashamed of themselves for leaving emblems in those “pay for” bundles in the req store.

bad business practices and a total scam!

> 2535412280615383;11:
> Thank you for the feedback. It makes sense now.
>
> But I want my damn money back.
>
> If a developer offers its players the ability to spend $20 bucks of real money… You should receive something that will be of use, not 5 emblems like the numbers 6 & 9… (that I will never use) a foehammer helmet and an energy sword certification.
>
> 343i should be ashamed of themselves for leaving emblems in those “pay for” bundles in the req store.
>
> bad business practices and a total scam!

Not really the gold pack bundles aren’t advertised as exclusive or anything. They are simply gold pack. They are not any different then using reqs. Like others have stated. It’s really on you. Not 343.
they are just there if you don’t want to grind or have already grinder a lot and want a little extra

should’ve unlocked all emblems via normal reqs first

But now those are out of the way and you’re closer to getting what you want. Silver lining anyone?

> 2535412280615383;1:
> And I was rewarded with… Emblems.
>
> Its ultimately my fault for being foolish enough to spend money but for something that costs 33% of the game itself? 343i… thats extremely shady.
>
> Nobody likes to feel Nickle and dimed. Especially not loyal fans/customers.

Saw that coming.

343 went crazy on the amount of stupid emblems in this game. Nothing worse than opening a gold or silver pack and getting junk emblems. I think there’s so many because they wanted make it take longer to get all the armors and helmets.

Maybe if they were just in daily win packs or commendation packs it wouldn’t be a problem. Or better yet, not count as a perm unlock.

To be fair is you saved up 50k reqs and opened them up then bought the pack vs buying the pack and then spending 50k reqs you’d still have the same % of unlocks done, you paying for the pack helped your chances with better stuff vs getting better stuff from already having that chance before hand

should’ve googled req pack buying strategy before taking the plunge with real dollars! oh well at least you won’t get any duplicate emblems in the future :slight_smile:

343 should have made more specific req packs i.e. an armor req pack with 2-4 armor unlocks, a weapon skin(s) req pack with 1-2 unlocks, an emblem pack with 2-4 emblems, and a weapon req pack with 1 weapon cert + various weapons. make each pack bronze through gold leave pricing the same if necessary and people could then still buy req packs but have better chances at the item(s) they want.