So i got out of Skyline today. (How to)

I was fudging around with the forge offline and i some how wiggled my way out of the barriers of Skyline and went exploring, I don’t have Xbox live anymore to i cant up load the pictures i took. Witch is kinda sad because i took some really cool pictures that could make good wallpapers. But yeah turns out that that City line is just a completely vertical picture that surrounds the map like a bowl. The little flying cars are just little flying triangles and i tried to reach the moon but it was really far and it already took me maybe 30 mins to reach the edge. :C
So yeah that’s my story.

Hotrod192 wanted me to show him how so i made a how to on how to do this your self.

1. 343 please don’t fix this.
  2. Start a forge game and set the map to Skyline
  3. Set the re-spawn timer to 3 minutes.
  4. Start game
  5. Delete everything
  6. Walk out to the very edge of the map to the point where you can see the entire city.
  7. Go into forge mode and fly up a little, then turn around to 6 o’clock.
  8. Fly forward, as you do you should see a small window seal up above.
  9. Place a teleporter into the small space inside.
  10. enter the teleporter in forge mode (if you die, start a new round, the teleporter might need to be moved to the left a little)
  11. quickly fly downward to the right (from the point of looking at the city in the direction that you came from.
  12. There should be a transparent solid peace of land you can stand on, stand on it.
  13. Their is a ledge near you, jump onto it.
  14. Turn right at about until you see a small opening showing the city in the back of the map.
  15. sprint and jump off the edge.
  16. Fall to your death.
  17. Let your Spartan descend into abyss for at least 1 minute.
  18. exit the game a go to theater.
  19. Fast forward to the point of you jumping off.
  20. Your spartan have fallen through the barrier.
  21. press up on the d-pad (I think) to center your camera on the spartan again.
  22. the camera is now out of the map and your able to go as far as you want!
    IMPORTANT: Remember not to press anything that will relocate your camera and PAUSE THE VIDEO.

Hahaha very nice! Sometimes the most fun when playing forge is to get OUT of it… It always seems like the places outside of the map are the best.

Seen this vid posted the other day. Seems the outside of Pitfall is forgeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYajScsj2I&list=UU8isAMsi_LJ2Csz2AZR_QoQ

> Seen this vid posted the other day. Seems the outside of Pitfall is forgeable.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYajScsj2I&list=UU8isAMsi_LJ2Csz2AZR_QoQ

That’s cool i really hope 343 doesn’t “fix” it that would be really lame.

It’s pretty awesome that you were able to get out of Skyline! Do you remember how you did it though? A tutorial would be pretty interesting for other players, like myself, to look at so we can repeat the same steps and do it ourselves!

> It’s pretty awesome that you were able to get out of Skyline! Do you remember how you did it though? A tutorial would be pretty interesting for other players, like myself, to look at so we can repeat the same steps and do it ourselves!

Ok i will try to add one into the post, I don’t have any recording equempment so you will just have to try to fallow my instructions to the best of your ability and ill try to make them as understandable as I can.

> > It’s pretty awesome that you were able to get out of Skyline! Do you remember how you did it though? A tutorial would be pretty interesting for other players, like myself, to look at so we can repeat the same steps and do it ourselves!
>
> Ok i will try to add one into the post, I don’t have any recording equempment so you will just have to try to fallow my instructions to the best of your ability and ill try to make them as understandable as I can.

It seems like a nicely detailed how-to, thanks! :smiley:

Nice job, you have reminded me of every time that I went out of map, from the good ole CE days to now.

> Nice job, you have reminded me of every time that I went out of map, from the good ole CE days to now.

Yeah i love exploration in halo games for some reason witch is why i’m hoping Halo 5 is allot more open and explorable. Also you can use this technique (throwing your spartan to his death) to get outside of other maps to.