So, hunters

Do you think we should expect to see them in campaign? I would like to see them with these new graphics

Halo 2 Hunters please?

I definitely hope so. I really do hope that 343i manages to make them an actual challenge instead of them being complete pushovers like they’ve always been. I feel they need to be more aggressive in pairs, and when one dies, the other one gets extremely defensive, making him hard to kill but not attacking as often.

Even though that goes against their nature, it’d make them a bit more challenging.

Hunters should definitely be in H4. If not in H4 then somewhere in the new trilogy, we should see Brutes, they should be furry, and have markings on their bare areas. Maybe two different brute races, the furry, and the tough skin.

> Hunters should definitely be in H4. If not in H4 then somewhere in the new trilogy, we should see Brutes, they should be furry, and have markings on their bare areas. Maybe two different brute races, the furry, and the tough skin.

They are the same races, Brutes differ by clans and each clan has different standards. Some might prefer to grow out their hair, others don’t.

As for Hunters, if they are there PLEASE let us rip off their arm cannons and use them.

> Hunters should definitely be in H4. If not in H4 then somewhere in the new trilogy, we should see Brutes, they should be furry, and have markings on their bare areas. Maybe two different brute races, the furry, and the tough skin.

I read ‘bare -Yoinks!-’ the first time.

> > Hunters should definitely be in H4. If not in H4 then somewhere in the new trilogy, we should see Brutes, they should be furry, and have markings on their bare areas. Maybe two different brute races, the furry, and the tough skin.
>
> I read ‘bare -Yoinks!-’ the first time.

Me and you both friend, me and you both

I’d rather fight the Hunter from Halo Legends. All “Shadow of the Colossus”/ “Dragons Dogma” and junk.

> Do you think we should expect to see them in campaign?

No. Hope we do, though.

I doubt hunters will be back. The Hunters only joined the covenant to stop themselves from being extinct and now that the covenant has been greatly weakened they have no reason to remain in it.

Also this may mean there might not be Scarabs either.

> I doubt hunters will be back. The Hunters only joined the covenant to stop themselves from being extinct and now that the covenant has been greatly weakened they have no reason to remain in it.
>
> Also this may mean there might not be Scarabs either.

The majority of hunters like the Elites and the Hunters are in the ships and vehciles.

There was a toy for a Halo 4 Hunter a while back, but it was only the cover of it, no action figure. Yeah, I think they’ll be back.

> I definitely hope so. I really do hope that 343i manages to make them an actual challenge instead of them being complete pushovers like they’ve always been.
>
> I feel they need to be more aggressive in pairs, and when one dies, the other one gets extremely defensive, making him hard to kill but not attacking as often.
>
> Even though that goes against their nature, it’d make them a bit more challenging.

I hope they do not possess extremely slow yet lethal melees. I’d prefer fast and less damaging melees. Why not stabbing (a lot of knockback)? Upward jab (reference to how CE Hunters could give you a big boost)? Hunters should live long enough to show their stuff but so should we so we don’t lose the opportunity to see them in action. I liked watching Hunter fights up close in CE. Now it’s unpleasant to even be around them since they prioritize on you.

As for the classic melee, that could be relegated to stopping incoming hogs. They need to react to incoming vehicles. In CE, they dived from vehicles. In other games, they just stand there. Since when does hunter mean roadblock?

And of course, they should be able to switch firing modes. The beam could be used to move blockades and scenery (player’s cover) while the fuel rod could be used when they have more numbers/for defense. I’d also like to see an energy whip or a plasma cannon Hunter variant.

Well they shouldn’t blindly charge at the enemy, that’s for sure.

Yes!
I want them back, and I want them to be HUNTERS this time, not “cowardly pro sniper campers” aka I want them to charge, to hunt, to shoot, to melee, to hunt!
Not stand back and wait for me and my friends to massacre them, while they occasionally throw of a shot or a jab in our general direction. To be honest, why name the lest offensive enemy unit hunter?
They never hunt, they just camp, and in Halo 4 I want them to hunt, hunt me down. I want to flee in terror while these spiky giants come rushing for me, blasting of shots as they go, a fight for life and death!

Double post, thanks laggy forums :frowning: