So how old or influential does a licensed property need to be to get a museum exhibit?

I was thinking about the upcoming BattleStar Galactica museum exhibit that’s going to start here in seattle in oct. and move across the country over time. What I mean to say does anyone think Halo is old enough or influential enough in our modern society to get a museum exhibit? An interactive exhibit with some behind the scene stuff , costumes and props on display, a how video games are made exhibit, how Halo spawned a flourishing fandom and more. I think it would be awesome to see such an exhibit going around america, don’t you?

Would you go to it if it was at your local big city museum?

I think Halo is big enough regarding the amount of fans & people that know about it. However, I don’t think there’s enough stuff for them to make an exhibit from, since the only props & things have been for the short commercials & such.

Now, if they had made the Peter Jackson Halo movie, then they would have had enough to ship around the country for a museum tour.

Not enough props? A full size warthog, Masterchief suit/statue, 6 noble team suits, multiple odst suits, a huge battlefield diorama, a sizable array of weapons . I’ve seen exhibits with less, anyways if an exhibit were to be made more stuff could be created for it, like alot of exhibits do. I think the props would be less than a 1/3 to maybe a quarter of the exhibit. I kind of see the exhibit 1/3 props, 1/3 art, 1/3 history/story/community with interactiveness built into the exhibit.

It would be cool if they had cortana or guilty spark as the curator, heck maybe both and they could have banter between them.

Influential enough? Maybe. Even though I’m a big Halo fan, that one is a coin toss for me personally. Because, as far as I can tell, a lot more people know about, and buy it, it for the multiplayer than for the story, sadly enough.

Old enough? No. Battlestar Galactica, to use your example, was around decades ago. The first series was a blatant Star Wars rip-off, came out pretty soon after the first movie. Star Trek and Star Wars, which also have museum exhibits, came out really early on. I think Halo needs another decade or so to put out more content and universe-related stuff before it would warrant a museum exhibit, and I say that as a big Halo fan. Do I wish there was a museum exhibit? Heck yes. Do I think it deserves one? Eh, not quite yet.

But then again, Madame Tussauds made a Master Chief wax statue, so I’m probably wrong.