So, how much gore should there be?

Im trying think about past halo titles, and trying to find a good balance on the ammount of gore.

To be honest though i just though of this after thinking “hey if you got a certain number of warthog splatters it would be interesting to unlock a blood splatter on your helmet” Even though it would make better sense for the splatter to go on the vehicle.

ANYWAY do you think we have a descent ballance allready? i dont think we really need more, but i wanted to hear what you guys think.

I don’ think it matters. Parents will still let their 5 year old kids play it.

Personally, I like it the way it is. No more, no less…

> Personally, I like it the way it is. No more, no less…

nah flood goreing is fun

I would say as much as possible, I love the visceral feel of games like Gears of War or Dead Space. I’m pretty sure no actual gore will be in Halo 4, but I really hope there is a shitton of blood, (Halo:CE blood pools anyone?). I just find it kind of lame that a game where humanity is in a war and facing extinction. no one ever curses annd there is no actual gore.

A lot, and options to turn on or off, for childrens

> A lot, and options to turn on or off, for childrens

Children shouldn’t be -Yoinking!- playing this game, I want a more violent feel to the combat. Halo is fun as hell but needs some blood and gore to really bring it back to it’s M rating, oh and some actual profanity.

> I would say as much as possible, I love the visceral feel of games like Gears of War or Dead Space. I’m pretty sure no actual gore will be in Halo 4, but I really hope there is a shitton of blood, (Halo:CE blood pools anyone?). I just find it kind of lame that a game where humanity is in a war and facing extinction. no one ever curses annd there is no actual gore.

its like a disney movie

This post has been edited by a Moderator. Please do not bypass the profanity filter.

> > A lot, and options to turn on or off, for childrens
>
> Children shouldn’t be Yoink! playing this game, I want a more violent feel to the combat. Halo is fun as hell but needs some blood and gore to really bring it back to it’s M rating, oh and some actual profanity.

> Halo 3 style but with a little more blood.
>
>
> marines when they die have gashes on them and have blood on them and stuff (halo 3)
>
>
> maybe some gibbing for cut scenes only, otherwise it looses its “HOLY SH*T” factor, like gears of war at first the gore was like holy crap! but then you got so used to seeing it so it didn’t have an effect on you…

yeah and pools of blood and bullet holes

> Halo 3 style but with a little more blood.
>
>
> marines when they die have gashes on them and have blood on them and stuff (halo 3)
>
>
> maybe some gibbing for cut scenes only, otherwise it looses its “HOLY SH*T” factor, like gears of war at first the gore was like holy crap! but then you got so used to seeing it so it didn’t have an effect on you…

Eh, you would get used to anything if you saw it enough times.

I remember when i used to beat down dead bodies in HCE just to see how much i could slow down the frame rate. Also: DAT GLOWING METHANE/GRUNT BLOOD

Minimal profanity would be best. I don’t play a game where they drop the F-bomb every two seconds. Some blood and gore would be nice, but not too much. A game doesn’t need to be filled with blood and gore to be scary.

Uh, I’m always or more gore. But with Halo, I just want Halo 1 level of blood. Halo 2 and 3 had too little.

Gibbing and stuff I don’t care about.

> Uh, I’m always or more gore. But with Halo, I just want Halo 1 level of blood. Halo 2 and 3 had too little.
>
> Gibbing and stuff I don’t care about.

I thought halo 2’s blood was actually perfect…halo 3 had too little and ce had too much.

> Minimal profanity would be best. I don’t play a game where they drop the F-bomb every two seconds. Some blood and gore would be nice, but not too much. A game doesn’t need to be filled with blood and gore to be scary.

No one said it was to be scary. Is Halo supposed to be a scary game? No. Would a more mature and visceral feel to the game be nice? Yes.

eh. I don’t see the need for it, and it would consume quite a bit of processing power that could be used in other areas.

If people want more gore in a game, it just goes to show you why the ratings are necessary…

OT: It should stay the exact same, who in their right mind would want to see gore? I play for fun, not to see people suffer and die…

> If people want more gore in a game, it just goes to show you why the ratings are necessary…
>
> OT: It should stay the exact same, who in their right mind would want to see gore? I play for fun, not to see people suffer and die…

Then why do you play Halo? A game where you sprint around killing every player who’s a different color than you.

That sounded kind of racist, lol.
This is a first person shooter, you kill stuff, it’s not some torture simulator or some other -Yoinked!- up -Yoink- like that. I mean look at Gear of War. I find it fun as all Hell, but no one plays it because “they want to watch people suffer and die”.