So how is ranked doubles?

How has it been so far? The map pool? I am at work and won’t have a chance to play for a little while yet…

Not / won’t touch it.
Knowing me and my luck I’ll end up bronze.
Doubles just ammount to me vs 2 guys all the time.

My teammate will always:
A) leave even if we’re winning
Or
B) be afk the whole match

> 2533274870591903;2:
> Not / won’t touch it.
> Knowing me and my luck I’ll end up bronze.
> Doubles just ammount to me vs 2 guys all the time.
>
> My teammate will always:
> A) leave even if we’re winning
> Or
> B) be afk the whole match

Lol that’s why you party up with one of your buddies?

Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.

> 2533274890584596;4:
> Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.

Wow… There was nothing wrong with those Forge maps except for Optic Prison!

Forge maps AND dev maps!

> 2533274890584596;4:
> Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.

They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.

> 2533274833360506;6:
> > 2533274890584596;4:
> > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
>
>
> They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.

What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?

> 2533274890584596;7:
> > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> >
> >
> > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
>
>
> What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?

I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.

> 2533274949743263;8:
> > 2533274890584596;7:
> > > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > >
> > >
> > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> >
> >
> > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
>
>
> I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.

Optic Prison is like Reach and H4 all over again…

You never know what random, special ability you’ll run into next!

> 2533274949743263;8:
> > 2533274890584596;7:
> > > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > >
> > >
> > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> >
> >
> > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
>
>
> I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.

I know people aren’t used to playing maps with actually consistent power-up rotations, but I assure you it works fine. The problem with Optic Prison for most people is that it has a steep learning curve and rewards good map knowledge and timing. Having more power-ups on maps forces you to move around the map, instead of setting up in the favorable position and waiting for the enemy team to push/peak (i.e. Eden and Plaza slayer).

> 2533274870591903;2:
> Not / won’t touch it.
> Knowing me and my luck I’ll end up bronze.
> Doubles just ammount to me vs 2 guys all the time.
>
> My teammate will always:
> A) leave even if we’re winning
> Or
> B) be afk the whole match

Surely you can find one person in the world that’ll team up with you for a game of Halo?

> 2533274873580796;1:
> How has it been so far? The map pool? I am at work and won’t have a chance to play for a little while yet…

It’s really good! I love it so far, done all my placement matches and will be back for more.

Doubles team partner? Message @ Last Safo

> 2533274873580796;9:
> > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > 2533274890584596;7:
> > > > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> > >
> > >
> > > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
> >
> >
> > I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.
>
>
> Optic Prison is like Reach and H4 all over again…
>
> You never know what random, special ability you’ll run into next!

It’s the map that plays the most like Halo CE that has been in H5 match-making to date. What in the world on you on about? You have to CONTROL the power-ups. If they seem random, you’re playing the map poorly and not paying attention, which is your fault. You have to actually control the map and pay attention to spawn times.

> 2533274890584596;10:
> > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> > >
> > >
> > > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
> >
> >
> > I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.
>
>
> I know people aren’t used to playing maps with actually consistent power-up rotations, but I assure you it works fine. The problem with Optic Prison for most people is that it has a steep learning curve and rewards good map knowledge and timing. Having more power-ups on maps forces you to move around the map, instead of setting up in the favorable position and waiting for the enemy team to push/peak (i.e. Eden and Plaza slayer).

Not to me i feel like every time i play that map people always camp.

> 2533274890584596;10:
> > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
> I know people aren’t used to playing maps with actually consistent power-up rotations, but I assure you it works fine. The problem with Optic Prison for most people is that it has a steep learning curve and rewards good map knowledge and timing. Having more power-ups on maps forces you to move around the map, instead of setting up in the favorable position and waiting for the enemy team to push/peak (i.e. Eden and Plaza slayer).

Personally, I play it well… I just think a ton of power-ups on the map presents super gimmicky gameplay.

> 2533274873580796;16:
> > 2533274890584596;10:
> > > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > > 2533274890584596;7:
> > > > > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > > > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
> > >
> > >
> > > I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.
> >
> >
> > I know people aren’t used to playing maps with actually consistent power-up rotations, but I assure you it works fine. The problem with Optic Prison for most people is that it has a steep learning curve and rewards good map knowledge and timing. Having more power-ups on maps forces you to move around the map, instead of setting up in the favorable position and waiting for the enemy team to push/peak (i.e. Eden and Plaza slayer).
>
>
> Personally, I play it well… I just think a ton of power-ups on the map presents super gimmicky gameplay.

How is it a gimmick? Spartan Charge is a gimmick. Power up control is a core element of Arena shooters by which Halo is heavily inspired. Having multiple power-ups that you need to contend with at any given time complicates the strategic decision making required on the map and forces you to prioritize. For example: if you don’t go for camo, maybe redirect to hydra to take advantage of its ability to lock on to camo players. If your opponent grabs OS, Camo is an obvious counter (go for the back smack). speed boost allows for faster flanks (and a better strafe). And so on. The reason this map feels “gimmicky” to people is that the last game that didn’t treat power-ups as an after-thought every few minutes and put like 1 (2 at the most) on maps, was Halo CE. 343 seems to be afraid of anything but one power-up per maps, usually dead center. They also never use teleporters, which is a travesty.

Doubles, swat, and breakout should be social. Slayer should be taken out of Team Arena.

> 2533274890584596;17:
> > 2533274873580796;16:
> > > 2533274890584596;10:
> > > > 2533274949743263;8:
> > > > > 2533274890584596;7:
> > > > > > 2533274833360506;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274890584596;4:
> > > > > > > Basically, they removed all of the good forge maps, replaced them with utter trash like Empire and Overgrowth and then slapped a Rank on it. Are they physically incapable of doing something right without arbitrarily making other things worse for no reason? I swear to God.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > They will continue to add some of the forge maps in the future. My favorite in order Malta, Hangar, Shurima. Those 3 can stay and maybe Purple Rain but the rest can go.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > What? Malta is awful. Worst spawns I have seen in this game to date, and that’s saying something. Even if it had decent spawns, it would still be an uninteresting layout. Purple Rain has serious readability problems (it’s all purple and looks the same), though the layout is fine. Shurima in terms of layout is pretty arbitrary; not bad, but not really that good either. Hangar is the only one of that list that I would describe as “good” What exactly do you dislike about maps like Optic Prison and Cobalt? Is the problem that they are actually interesting?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I despise optic prison who in their mind thought that all 4 powerups will be a fun idea its not and the spawns were so bad i raged so many times in that map so many times lol.
> > >
> > >
> > > I know people aren’t used to playing maps with actually consistent power-up rotations, but I assure you it works fine. The problem with Optic Prison for most people is that it has a steep learning curve and rewards good map knowledge and timing. Having more power-ups on maps forces you to move around the map, instead of setting up in the favorable position and waiting for the enemy team to push/peak (i.e. Eden and Plaza slayer).
> >
> >
> > Personally, I play it well… I just think a ton of power-ups on the map presents super gimmicky gameplay.
>
>
> How is it a gimmick? Spartan Charge is a gimmick. Power up control is a core element of Arena shooters by which Halo is heavily inspired. Having multiple power-ups that you need to contend with at any given time complicates the strategic decision making required on the map and forces you to prioritize. For example: if you don’t go for camo, maybe redirect to hydra to take advantage of its ability to lock on to camo players. If your opponent grabs OS, Camo is an obvious counter (go for the back smack). speed boost allows for faster flanks (and a better strafe). And so on. The reason this map feels “gimmicky” to people is that the last game that didn’t treat power-ups as an after-thought every few minutes and put like 1 (2 at the most) on maps, was Halo CE. 343 seems to be afraid of anything but one power-up per maps, usually dead center. They also never use teleporters, which is a travesty.

I see your point and everything but I mean, you have as many power-ups as you do people on the map. Half of your encounters are based around weird power-up engagements…

Idk man, it’s a map that offers a unique experience, I’ll give it that, but it’s not something that I particularly enjoy. It’s just… gimmicky… It’s the only way I can describe it.

Its pretty good. I wont play it with a random teamate though.
The Dnend Legion