So How Gud Is Infinite?

I’ve been incredibly suspicious of the game after 5 left me disappointed and 4 got progressively worse for me in retrospect. Also I was left out of flighting. So to ya’ll who have played the flight, how is it?

It was very good. It feels like the classic games with the added benefit of modern mechanics. Its different but better. I think not everyone can be pleased as many people like different things, but its multiplayer was better than any other FPS I have played recently. No jetting around like 5 but interesting equipment and weapons make it a joy to play.

It left me blinded, paralyzed and dumbstruck.

I’m only slightly exaggerating.

I just like it

I liked it. It feels kind of like a modernized version of 3 and Reach. It’s a lot better than 4 and 5.

> 2533274966926413;1:
> I’ve been incredibly suspicious of the game after 5 left me disappointed and 4 got progressively worse for me in retrospect. Also I was left out of flighting. So to ya’ll who have played the flight, how is it?

overall i really liked the game and can’t wait to try the next flight.

Good enough for me

The slower pace made it feel more like the Halo I remember but I had people on their mics during the flight doing nothing but bagging how slow it is now and how they miss faster sprint and thrusters. I couldn’t even find a way to mute their mics so just had to endure their rubbishing.

Halo 3/reach but with a nerfed sprint and a fun slide. So yeah it played and felt nice.

It felt very refreshing. I played 5 and completely understand most players frustrations but am very opitmisc about Infinite. The movement feels very similar to old Halo, probably to 3.

> 2533274799110399;2:
> It was very good. It feels like the classic games with the added benefit of modern mechanics. Its different but better. I think not everyone can be pleased as many people like different things, but its multiplayer was better than any other FPS I have played recently. No jetting around like 5 but interesting equipment and weapons make it a joy to play.

This sums it up pretty well, so ^^^

It approaches achieving a surprisingly functional compromise between sprint and no sprint. It feels fun.

I’m excited.

Feels like the first Halo since Halo 3.

Personally, I think it’s what Halo 4 should have been. Game feels like the logical progression after Reach, dialing back the new things it added instead of amplifying them. Feels like a modern tribute to Halo 3.

It’s 343’s strongest offering by far. There are a few issues here and there, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed before launch, or post launch. I’m mainly worried about effective weapon ranges being too great, and aiming mechanics on controller.

Edit: After thinking about it more, TTK at all ranges is also a bit offputting in its current state. It needs to be a bit slower to force you to commit to whatever you’re killing. The quicker kills means the game doesn’t require quite as much focus and dedication when playing it. After the new feeling wears off, you’re left wanting more than the game can currently provide.

It’s amazing, a great blend of all the games

> 2533274966926413;1:
> I’ve been incredibly suspicious of the game after 5 left me disappointed and 4 got progressively worse for me in retrospect. Also I was left out of flighting. So to ya’ll who have played the flight, how is it?

To be honest lackluster.

Bugs aside because its a “tech preview” four months from launch (very suspicious, considering the time frame between this game and H5)

Traversal feels a bit sluggish while TTK feels a bit faster as a result. Of course 343i has to implement sprint and other generic mechanics because they have no faith in Halo’s core gameplay.

I don’t like sprint but it feels too slow from what we played. Halo Infinite’s sprint feels like it should be the base movement for the game. Its only real purpose is the slide. I’d ague remove sprint and increase base movement so that way we can traverse the map and enter firefights at top speed. (Already know imma get push back there)

The map designs felt kinda dull, it lacked interactions like gravity lifts, man cannons, teleporters, etc.

The weapons in the sandbox dont feel bad most feel pretty good which I’m honestly surprised. Not a huge fan of the Pulse Carbine, I’d much rather have he Plasma Rifle and OG Carbine. (I’m older Halo Fan so there are somethings I expect, like certain weapons and artistic designs “bulldog is ew.”)

The game feels like it wants to introduce new players but also peek the interest of older fans.

Personally I’d love sprint Clamber and Slide if we were shown that Infinite would launch with:

Fully flushed out ranked and social playlists. (Game types from H3 up to H5) Firefight( both matchmaking and customizable) duel wielding &playable elites (social, custom games, campaign, and firefight) Commendations( improved from reach with more rewards, medals, and tiers) An evolution of Reach’s main menu (not only was the navigation smooth but it kept tabs on your friends and showed top 3 commendations of profiles along with other info) working theater, file browser(to share custom games and maps) forge and Split-ScreenI’m sure I missed some things as well like Assassinations. Some people will try to defend 343i for the lack of features we will experience at launch but 6 years… come on. 343i is not an indie developer this supposed to be Triple A. Yet we are shown Bots, Academy, battle pass, and a monetized version of spartan customization. We were shown more about how they will monetize and cater to new customers than we received info about what we will have on and the state of launch.

To me it felt solid. Other then the obvious bugs and balancing issues, I genuinely believe 343i have made a good game that people will enjoy for a long time.

The gameplay felt smooth
The weapons were all fun
The maps were pretty good
The music is amazing
The more simplistic art style is honestly a breath of fresh air.
Personally it felt like a great mix of classic/modern

Can’t wait to see everything Halo Infinite has to offer